A run for the ages - Hawaii News

A run for the ages - Hawaii News

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 14, 2009, titled A run for the ages - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The Honolulu Marathon tested one competitor's resolve to keep a 37-year tradition alive yesterday while giving another an opportunity to reassess her goals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

aussie_polystyle

Doubleview, Australia

#1 Dec 14, 2009
Damn, I can barely even run accross the street..Big congrats to everyone for such a hugh accomplishment even for the oldies..
Sarah

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 14, 2009
Wow.
bumpercrop

Kahuku, HI

#3 Dec 14, 2009
Congrats to all of them, those who finished, those who just tried, and those who volunteered to aid the race. I used to do it but the body says NO way Jose now. The finishers are proudly wearing their yellow shirts today, saw Trini on channel 2 with one so she finished it.
Canard

Port Angeles, WA

#4 Dec 14, 2009
More power to all who competed. I only wish there was a half marathon like I competed in the North Olympic Discovery Marathon 3 years ago. I'd spend the money to travel to Hawaii in 2 seconds if there was a half marathon there. Even at 13 miles it's a killer. I may even compete in the full marathon over there next year just to escape this wretched weather in the Northwest. Right now it's a balmy 37 degrees here in P.A.
Mililani_Bob

Honolulu, HI

#5 Dec 14, 2009
Canard wrote:
More power to all who competed. I only wish there was a half marathon like I competed in the North Olympic Discovery Marathon 3 years ago. I'd spend the money to travel to Hawaii in 2 seconds if there was a half marathon there. Even at 13 miles it's a killer. I may even compete in the full marathon over there next year just to escape this wretched weather in the Northwest. Right now it's a balmy 37 degrees here in P.A.
OMGAWD! The weather here in Hawaii sucks! Clear bright blue sky, a few snow white clouds being slowly pushed along by the cool trade breezes, temperature about 70F, yada, yada...just plain sucky weather.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bengals should sign Robert Ayers as an upgrade ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 La Palma Chronicle 3
News TD makes 'Old Man' Newman feel young (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Continue reading "New York Giants safety Kenny ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 BIG BLUE FU 1
News NCS Meet of Champions track: Terra Linda hurdle... (May '09) May '09 Bearer of bad news 1
News Strong Flashes have 'new' coach (Mar '08) Mar '08 Boooo 2
More from around the web