Ryan throws for 2 TDs, Falcons hold R...

Ryan throws for 2 TDs, Falcons hold Raiders to negative yards i...

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Ryan throws for 2 TDs, Falcons hold Raiders to negative yards i.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Even in the depths of the Michael Vick - and Bobby Petrino-inspired despair last year in Atlanta, the Falcons never sank as low as they sent the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jkilla

San Dimas, CA

#1 Nov 2, 2008
well were do i start, we suck, i mean the raiders suck, al sucks. I am embarrassed to be a fan got them tatted on me stupid move i was thinking in my tom cable mind. In order for the raiders to get on the right track next year (sad to be thinking about next year in the middle of this year) is javon, curry, harris and justin need to go next year, love fargas but we got bush and mcfadden so we dont need to spent money on him. not resign aso even though he is the best corner, he does not deserve to be on a sorry team, and with the money we would be paying for a 1 year contract (al wont sign him long term to stupid rather pay deangalo "get burnt" hall 70 mill) we could get an offensive tackle and draft another in the draft or go get crabbtree. In order for us to get a holmgren or coward or any up and coming coach al needs to guarantee freedom to choose coaches and players and have it written in the contract that he wont interfere and give that coach 3 years at least to turn the team around( asking for alot and i know it wont happen cuz Mr. davis is stupid, and i know some people are going to get mad for me criticizing davis because he has brought the raiders 3 rings, but i havent experienced that been a fan for 7 years, would like to enjoy one soon) and please dont resign ryan. just cant wait till offseason falcon game was the final straw for me watched that game in 20 min, tivod it fast forward whole game that pathatic, hope to see henderson at tackle, peaceout.
Raiders Jokes

AOL

#2 Nov 2, 2008
LMAO...losers!
Ghost

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Nov 3, 2008
Al you Al Davis backers still happy that Lane Kiffin is gone? If you are, then you are truly as dumb as the world thinks you are. This is the worst Raider team in history. Too much to type, so I won't waste My time.
jdferguson07

Statesboro, GA

#4 Nov 3, 2008
I can not begin to tell you the joy it brought me seeing Deangelo Fall get roasted by Mike Jenkins..

With that being said, I feel bad for Raider fans. This was supposed to be a turn-around year for Oakland, and Jamarcus was supposedly going to turn the corner with all the "weapons" around him.

But back to the cellar you go!
UK Steve

Cobham, UK

#5 Nov 3, 2008
jkilla wrote:
well were do i start, we suck, i mean the raiders suck, al sucks. I am embarrassed to be a fan got them tatted on me stupid move i was thinking in my tom cable mind. In order for the raiders to get on the right track next year (sad to be thinking about next year in the middle of this year) is javon, curry, harris and justin need to go next year, love fargas but we got bush and mcfadden so we dont need to spent money on him. not resign aso even though he is the best corner, he does not deserve to be on a sorry team, and with the money we would be paying for a 1 year contract (al wont sign him long term to stupid rather pay deangalo "get burnt" hall 70 mill) we could get an offensive tackle and draft another in the draft or go get crabbtree. In order for us to get a holmgren or coward or any up and coming coach al needs to guarantee freedom to choose coaches and players and have it written in the contract that he wont interfere and give that coach 3 years at least to turn the team around( asking for alot and i know it wont happen cuz Mr. davis is stupid, and i know some people are going to get mad for me criticizing davis because he has brought the raiders 3 rings, but i havent experienced that been a fan for 7 years, would like to enjoy one soon) and please dont resign ryan. just cant wait till offseason falcon game was the final straw for me watched that game in 20 min, tivod it fast forward whole game that pathatic, hope to see henderson at tackle, peaceout.
I agree, there needs to be a massive clearout at the end of this year. Too many average players have had too long to prove themselves.
Hall, Kelly, Grove, Sands, Fargas, Walker, Lelie etc.
They wuld be better off clearing out Kelly & Hall and paying that kind of salary to Bill Cowher and then give him the freedom to turn it around.
Wont ever happen thou .. I bet we even see Hall stay and Nmandi go .. tragic.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#6 Nov 3, 2008
UK Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, there needs to be a massive clearout at the end of this year. Too many average players have had too long to prove themselves.
Hall, Kelly, Grove, Sands, Fargas, Walker, Lelie etc.
They wuld be better off clearing out Kelly & Hall and paying that kind of salary to Bill Cowher and then give him the freedom to turn it around.
Wont ever happen thou .. I bet we even see Hall stay and Nmandi go .. tragic.
The Raider's performance was very disappointing. It appeared that the coaches did not watch film of the other team before they played the game. Can they scheme a new wrinkle? Can the coaches react to the other team during the game? Was Art Shell coaching again?
Micheal Motorcycle

Houston, TX

#7 Nov 3, 2008
UK Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, there needs to be a massive clearout at the end of this year. Too many average players have had too long to prove themselves.
Hall, Kelly, Grove, Sands, Fargas, Walker, Lelie etc.
They wuld be better off clearing out Kelly & Hall and paying that kind of salary to Bill Cowher and then give him the freedom to turn it around.
Wont ever happen thou .. I bet we even see Hall stay and Nmandi go .. tragic.
Entire roster is a joke. JaMarcus...lmao.
New Mexico Raider

Kyle, TX

#8 Nov 3, 2008
Been a fan since 1971 and have never seen such a bad effort from a Raiders team. They even beat out any game from the 2006 era. Coaching is horrible on both sides of the ball.
Davis-Hater

Crossville, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2008
The problem with the Raiders can be summed up in two little words.... Al Davis. He, like Jones in Dallas, likes to have his knobby little fingers in way too many aspects of the team. He has proven over the last few years especially that his interference does not work and will never work. I hate to put it so bluntly, to be so cold about it, but the best thing that could happen to the Raiders would be if Davis passed away. Once his hold is broken on that team, they will finally be able to make strides in the right direction. Until then the fans can expect mediocrity at best. And the worst case scenario? Well, you saw that against my Falcons yesterday.

I, too, LOVED.... L-O-V-E-D!!!!!! seeing DeAssholio Hall get what he deserves. I hate him even more than Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens, Bobby Petrino and Mike Vick combined. Believe me, that's REALLY saying something, too, because I despise those fkrs. Hall is one of 2 players I actually want to see get hurt on every play. Ray (The Murderer) Lewis is the other. And that's not my style at all. But he is a supreme d!ckhead.

So, to sum up my thoughts:

The Raiders need Al Davis to sell the team or die to ever get anywhere. And that's only because he will never give up his meddling.

DeAngelo Hall is an unlikable, unrespectable loser.
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#10 Nov 3, 2008
good thing you are a falcons fan right now. a few years back nobody wanted to be you. losing, vivk in jail and all that dog killing thing was going on.(LOL) congrats on your win. you played a team that did not show up. your last win vs RAIDERS was when RAIDERS were in los angeles. i would be excited too if i was a hater. alot of team haters are enjoying that moment, and they still cannot catch up to our wins vs their teams even if we have been down for all those years! but good luck anyways. GO RAIDERS!!!
Politicians Incorrect

Crossville, TN

#11 Nov 3, 2008
You have me wrong. I like the Raiders, too. And have since '78-'79, about the time I started liking the Falcons. I don't hate the Raiders at all. I just know that Davis is the problem and as long as he has the reigns, they truly have very little hope.

Surely you agree with that, don't you?
Politicians Incorrect

Crossville, TN

#12 Nov 3, 2008
And you are very right. It has sucked to be an Atlanta fan for a VERY long time. But I have never jumped ship on them. All the more reason to be excited when they DO win.

And I'm extremely happy with Ryan through his first 8 games. Maybe we finally have a REAL QB again... been a long time.
Davis-Hater

Crossville, TN

#13 Nov 3, 2008
One last post:

The reason I so despise DeAngelo Hall is because I've had to put up with his BS for years. Yeah, I admit I am a Hall-Hater as well as a Davis-Hater.
reymann

United States

#14 Nov 4, 2008
I think it is time to bench Russell and start Andrew Walter. Let the player evaluations begin. Tom Cable may not be a head coach by the end of this week.
Falcon Crapping

Georgia, GA

#15 Nov 4, 2008
RAIDER MISTERIO, what are you talking about? Our "last win vs RAIDERS was when RAIDERS were in los angeles"? Huh? Dude, we stomped y'all's balls just 4 years ago. Surely you remember trading Rod Coleman to us and watching him intercept and score on your stankitudes? And you, Politicians Incorrect, claiming to be both a Falcons fan & a Raiders fan (???) and you didn't even correct MISTERIO? Damn, the Internet is full of dumbasses. Just stick with the Raiders, dude. We have enough problems without ignorant half-fans from Tennessee. Clue: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/Schedule/Previo...
Micheal Motorcycle

Houston, TX

#16 Nov 4, 2008
yepper, them thar Falcons took a crap all over MISTERIOS mouth.

pddddting! Yeeeeehawwwwww!!!
Politicians Incorrect

Crossville, TN

#17 Nov 4, 2008
Falcon Crapping, say what? Just because I didn't take the time to look up the schedule or remember off the top of my head (which I HIGHLY doubt you did) that we beat the raiders FOUR YEARS AGO that I'm an ignorant half-fan? Dude, I've been a Falcons fan for 30+ years, likely long before you were even born. Just because I happen to like more than one team-- I actually follow 3, thank you very much-- doesn't mean I'm any less a fan than anyone else. I lived in metro Atlanta when I began liking sports as a young kid in the mid-late 70s, so my favorite teams all come from that area. I've been a Falcon fan through all those long years of suffering because of shitty talent, off-field stupidity, coaching and player moves, so I am anything but a fkn half-fan. Regardless of the situation or who they're playing I pull for the Falcons... period.

I got yer ignorant half-fan right here, mouth.
Mookie

United States

#18 Nov 4, 2008
DREW BREES!!!! Nuff said
Raiders Jokes

AOL

#19 Nov 4, 2008
Just pathetic. Misterio runs his mouth off and gets slamed by a Falcon fan...too funny.
Politicians Incorrect

Crossville, TN

#20 Nov 4, 2008
Holy sh!t, when even the Raiders don't want you, then you know you are a real loser

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy either. Up yours, Hall roflmao!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Jenkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings land QB Cassel, talk with WR Jennings (Mar '13) Mar '13 viking nation 2
News Minnesota Vikings: Release of Michael Jenkins H... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Scott Wallace 1
News Vikings offensive coordinator showing creativity (Jan '13) Jan '13 40for60 11
News A Rational and Sober Perspective on the Current... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Childress 3
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 Things That Must Change fo... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Peterson 5
News Minnesota Vikings: Receivers have quiet day as ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 dman 4
News Minnesota Vikings: Most Intriguing Practice Squ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Keepers 3
More from around the web