Kawakami: Raiders' Cable knows Russel...

Kawakami: Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket

There are 19 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Kawakami: Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Short-attention-span reading and writing, plus some bonus cut-and-pasting from my Talking Points blog"... Thumbs up to Tom Cable for aggressively embracing the reality that his Raiders coaching career will rise or collapse based most especially on one position and one player.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Al Davis

Erbil, Iraq

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket to another 5-11 season.
Raider Nation

AOL

#2 Apr 15, 2009
I say 9-7 and we break the double digit losing season streak in '09. You on the other hand will break your wrist spanking while reading National Geographic: Tribes of the Amazon Basin.
Seattle Raider

Mount Vernon, WA

#3 Apr 16, 2009
Good one Nation. I have been a fan of the post site for awhile now and a Raider fan since I knew what football was (I am now 40). You all are awesome and I enjoy reading all the trash talk and great info. I am looking forward to the draft and am hoping the Raiders do well. I am guessing Maclin in the 1st the OL and DL from there on out. I think Crabtree will be gone to the Browns since the Edwards trade will happen.
Seattle Raider

Mount Vernon, WA

#4 Apr 16, 2009
I will be the PK since I am 5'11" and 160 and played alot of soccer, lol
Achmed

United States

#5 Apr 16, 2009
Al Davis wrote:
Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket to another 5-11 season.
SILENCE!!!...I keel you!!!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#6 Apr 17, 2009
Seattle Raider wrote:
Good one Nation. I have been a fan of the post site for awhile now and a Raider fan since I knew what football was (I am now 40). You all are awesome and I enjoy reading all the trash talk and great info. I am looking forward to the draft and am hoping the Raiders do well. I am guessing Maclin in the 1st the OL and DL from there on out. I think Crabtree will be gone to the Browns since the Edwards trade will happen.
hey it's always nice to have a RAIDER fan around. after all, we are family and have a lot of jelousy here as you can see. people wish they had what we have in our team. win or lose "we are family" the RAIDER NATION! not sqeeler nation not cheatriot nation not any nation but "RAIDER NATION" welcome RAIDER fans =)
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Raider Nation

AOL

#7 Apr 20, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
<quoted text> hey it's always nice to have a RAIDER fan around. after all, we are family and have a lot of jelousy here as you can see. people wish they had what we have in our team. win or lose "we are family" the RAIDER NATION! not sqeeler nation not cheatriot nation not any nation but "RAIDER NATION" welcome RAIDER fans =)
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Nicely put Misterio. Cant wait for 2009 season to start and prove these haters wrong.
RAIDER MISTERIO

La Crescenta, CA

#8 Apr 21, 2009
we've proved them wrong for decades!(LOL) with the slump we've had the whole nfl wants to see us stay down. they fear the silver and black and "we're back"
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Captain Canada

Steinbach, Canada

#9 Apr 21, 2009
Seattle Raider wrote:
Welcome aboard!
Al Davis

San Juan, Philippines

#10 Apr 22, 2009
We are getting way off topic. I will get this rolling again: Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket to another 5-11 season.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#11 Apr 22, 2009
keep on rolling!=)
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#12 Apr 22, 2009
Al Davis wrote:
We are getting way off topic. I will get this rolling again: Raiders' Cable knows Russell is his ticket to another 5-11 season.
5 losses and 11 wins that is...I know you're just putting it backwards to confuse us.
Al Davis

San Juan, Philippines

#13 Apr 23, 2009
I think I had it right. It has been 6 seasons of this type of stat...double digit losing. I may be old and a joke of an owner, but I remember.
Raider Nation

AOL

#14 Apr 23, 2009
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
5 losses and 11 wins that is...I know you're just putting it backwards to confuse us.
11-5 in 2009 would be perfect!
Al Davis

San Juan, Philippines

#15 Apr 24, 2009
We will be lucky to get a total of 11 wins in the next two years.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#16 Apr 24, 2009
I don't know folks....this schedule don't look good...being a raider fan is hard doggone work...especially here in the heart of cowboy country...
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#17 Apr 24, 2009
we play to win! win or lose, we play to win! we've had easy schedules in the past and we lost. we had tough schedules and we won. did you think we would beat the broncos in their second game after that beating they gave us in the beginning of the season last year? we beat the jets houston, cheifs and buccs. not a whole lot of games but we're back to playing football and moving forward! that is what counts right now.
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#18 Apr 24, 2009
I just wanna see RAIDER football again...smashmouth kick your butt and win type football...don't need no flash and dash, just good old fashioned football with the RAIDER attitude of old...
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#19 Apr 24, 2009
(LOL) we've all been waiting for that moment! we just gotta regroup and cable showed signs of that. see what happens, all we have is hope! just like the haters they have hope we keep staying down but it's not the RAIDER way. glad you're still a RAIDER fan.
RAIDERS 2009!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web