El Paso referee part of Big 12 footba...

El Paso referee part of Big 12 football crew

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Aug 15, 2009, titled El Paso referee part of Big 12 football crew. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Michael Crabtree was coming in his direction. A stadium full of people and a national television audience seemed to be holding its collective breath.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Jason Semko

West Hollywood, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2009
You've always been a great inspiration to look up to with your positivity and discipline. It's a blessing to have you as a father.
typical

AOL

#2 Aug 16, 2009
UT Alum working a UT game? Terrible. The big 12 may as well move it's offices to Austin.
Vid

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 16, 2009
You might recall Brent Musberger and Kirk Herbstreit wondering aloud whether or not Crabtree stayed inbounds the whole time on that play. But in just about every highlight, you could see the ref standing near the pylon staring at the sideline and the three pairs of feet that were stabbing the area near it. And said ref confidently threw his arms up when Crabtree crossed the goal line. He knew he got it right. Nice to know it was one of our own from El Paso.

Good job on what has to be 2008's best play and congrats on the career.

And typical, I admit it's strange to have a UT alum working a UT game, but he made the call the other way. That's gotta count for something.
Jason

West Hollywood, CA

#4 Aug 16, 2009
Hey genius, UT lost that game
Vid

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 19, 2009
Jason, who are you referring to? I don't think anyone has mentioned Texas winning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web