Michael Crabtree's Agent Has Gone Too...

Michael Crabtree's Agent Has Gone Too Far, Betraying His "Brother"

There are 7 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Sep 12, 2009, titled Michael Crabtree's Agent Has Gone Too Far, Betraying His "Brother". In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Great, Eugene Parker is a smart man. He is a great agent, an astonishing businessman, and he is a recognized leader in the African-American community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

SteveT

Mesa, AZ

#1 Sep 12, 2009
Of all the stories/columns I have read regarding Michael Crabtree, this is the first one that has played the "race" card. To think that Michael Crabtree is going to be among the first 3 players taken in next year's draft indicates a basic lack of knowledge about the National Football League and its player draft. First of all, prognostications by so-called experts whether Mel Kiper Jr. or anyone else are just that. A prognostication that may not parallel reality, and that doesn't happen all the time in the NFL. Next, no one knows what the draft order is for next year's draft and what their player needs are going to be. With players like Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow, just to mention 3 quarterbacks, it is simply a SWAG to think that Michael Crabtree is going to be selected ahead of these 3. The fact that next year is going to be a "capless" year as far as salary does not necessarily play to Crabtree's favor. Next, there may be many talented wide receivers available next year who could be considered safer selections than Michael Crabtree, if Crabtree refuses to sign with the 49ers. Therefore, why should anyone be surprised if Crabtree is taken in the second or third round next year if he does not sign this year? The fact the author of this column doesn't like the slotting process the NFL uses to determine salaries is his tough luck. Of 256 players drafted last April, all signed contracts except Michael Crabtree. As the season moves on and Crabtree continues to hold out, he is going to discover that that NFL will be doing just fine without him, and he will be largely forgotten.
JOHN C

Media, PA

#2 Sep 14, 2009
BLACK PEOPLE ALWAYS USE THE RACE CARD, AND THEY WONDERWHY THIS RACE IN THIS COUNTRY.. CRABTREE I GUESS YOU CANT SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY WITH 25 MILLION$$
jersey jcamp

Media, PA

#3 Sep 14, 2009
i wish when crabtree sits out the year, and reenters the draft i hope other teams will get together and no pick him..Believe me i would be the first man with a crabtree jersey because his sklills are good, but he is also a rookie who was picked at number #10.. I thik once crabtree realizes the big mistake he made, and plus hes gonna take such a pr hit, he will fire mr eugene parker.. personally i think he need a kick in the ass also.. AND BLACK PEOPLE, enough with the race card, slavery was like 70 years ago, its gets tiring listening about how the white man does this and that, there are many black people i know and are great people.. Using the race card makes you sound stupit.. Just thik when lauren hill made a racist comment years ago,look where her career ended up..(over).. thankyou and crabtree please sign, your a great tallent, and with u and next yr when we get colt mccoy we will be a dynasty...
bf49erfan

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2009
I will only say one thing. When Crabtree re enters the draft next year, I sure hope that the 9ers get the opportunity to select him in the second round.
49ers1 fan

Oakley, CA

#5 Sep 15, 2009
bf49erfan wrote:
I will only say one thing. When Crabtree re enters the draft next year, I sure hope that the 9ers get the opportunity to select him in the second round.
That would be funny!!
49er4life

Glenview, IL

#6 Sep 16, 2009
Crabtree is an idiot and the 49ers will not give him anything, he can ask his cousin for the money or maybe neon deion his godfather for the money, but the 49ers are actually going to lower the offer this week. Hey I have been a 49er for 43 years and i want to say good luck to you crabtree go back to draft and see you in the 3rd or 4th round buddy.
PELOPS

Panorama City, CA

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Just want to say how disappointed I feel about his decision. I was actually looking forward to seeing him play. In the other hand, as a 49er fan, I can say that if he does not want to play for the money he deserves, then he can go play somewhere else. Giving him what he wants based on a mock draft will not only be idiotic but it will set a precedense (excuse my spelling)that the NFL cannot afford. I still hope he reflects on what he is bound to lose here and accepts the offer. The longer he waits, the more he is going to be hated by niners fans, and other football fans for that matter. There is no reason to discuss race on this; it really has nothing to do with it. He is just not getting the right advice or he is not so bright, period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web