Why B.J. Raji Will Be A Oakland Raider Next Month

There are 1 comment on the CBS SportsLine story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Why B.J. Raji Will Be A Oakland Raider Next Month. In it, CBS SportsLine reports that:

And this is why.We know the Lions have the #1 pick and now that they have traded for Julian Peterson they will not take Curry here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Mar 15, 2009
The last DT that we drafted that was top notch (by that I mean represented us in the Pro Bowl) was the late Darrell Russell. Rod Coleman was drafted 2 years later and became a pro bowler after he left Oakland, but other than that, what happened to all the other DTs we've drafted since then. Grady Jackson was a great compliment to Russell, but we let him get away in FA when Russell got suspended for drugs. Then year after we drafted Russell and Jackson, We drafted Leon Bender and he died a month later. Then there was Junior Ioane and was good on rotation at best. Then Antajj Hawthorne who was just a practice squad project. Since the departure of Russell-Jackson with Coleman rotating in on passing downs, we still had Coleman rotating in on passing downs with John Parella and Sam Adams the next year. The following year we cut Adams for cap space and replaced him with Dana Stubblefield, who was a major down grade. After that we let Coleman go in free agency and brought in Ted Washington and Warren Sapp with high expectations and they didn't quite meet them plus Tommy Kelly joined us as an undrafted rookie FA. Now Kelly is emerging and needs a bigger body next to him to compliment his ability to get into the backfield and I think Raji can get the job done, but I'm also still open to giving Tank Johnson a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web