A.J. Jenkins: Is He A Bust?

Jan 1, 2013 Full story: Niners Nation 8

Is A.J. Jenkins a bust? The 1st round draft pick didn't catch a single pass this entire season, which is particularly glaring given that the 49ers needed him to step up when receivers Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams went down with injuries.

Full Story
tim allen

Ventura, CA

#1 Jan 1, 2013
yes

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#2 Jan 1, 2013
It's too soon to say but I would say yes
a lee

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2013
YES
wiiwii

Gaffney, SC

#4 Jan 11, 2013
yes he is a bust
Loyshon

Columbia, MD

#5 Jan 22, 2013
This was the absolute worst draft class in 2012... All other teams drafting better than the 49ers.... Not added depth to the offensive and defensive lines or finding a starting corner or pass rusher will hurt the team in the future... Aldon smith doesn't have a sack since Justin smith was injured and Carlos Rodgers is awful.... DG38 will leave in free agency and Donte Witner can't cover

vacaville

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Loyshon wrote:
This was the absolute worst draft class in 2012... All other teams drafting better than the 49ers.... Not added depth to the offensive and defensive lines or finding a starting corner or pass rusher will hurt the team in the future... Aldon smith doesn't have a sack since Justin smith was injured and Carlos Rodgers is awful.... DG38 will leave in free agency and Donte Witner can't cover
Are you kidding me? LaMichael James in the second round was great. He has been key in the Super Bowl run. Joe looney is going to be a good guard down the road when they need him. Safety Trenton Robinson has shown signs that he may be a role player in the future. The tight end celek has done well in the blocking game. AJ Jenkins has not looked good thus far but who
Is to say he won't get better.(I.e golden Tate or Darius Hayward-bey) I think the 49ers draft was not great but about above average

vacaville

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Loyshon wrote:
O yeah your crazy Carlos Rogers is a pro bowler. He is FAR from awful. There's no way they let goldson go. With Alex smith gone they will be able to pay him with his 10 mil a year
Noprobo

Redding, CA

#8 Jan 25, 2013
If AJ is not a bust then why is no one on the team talking about him? He's not playing and he isn't talked about, that's a bad sign that we made a big mistake in drafting him first. I don't think any other team thought so highly of Jenkins as we did, when the GM guaranteed he would be there for us in the first round now I know how he could say that, because it was a big reach, no one had him going in the first round but us. We've got a great team but that was a bad pick it appears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Are the San Francisco 49ers Reigning Champs if ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tellitlikeitis 1
Kendall Hunter Being Activated Will Give San Fr... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Cook 1

Michael Crabtree People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE