Georgia's Matthew Stafford stands out...

Georgia's Matthew Stafford stands out with NFL Wonderlic score

There are 97 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 21, 2009, titled Georgia's Matthew Stafford stands out with NFL Wonderlic score. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A poor score on the Wonderlic test can threaten a player's draft stock. The test, which measures problem-solving ability, features 50 questions and a 12-minute time limit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dhc

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2009
Do you have all of the scores?
I lot of draftniks I know would love to have somewhere to go to read them all.
tazinib1

Vista, CA

#2 Mar 21, 2009
No RB scores?
wonderlic my balls

Woodridge, IL

#3 Mar 21, 2009
"My wonderlic score is no way to determine my level of success in the NFL" Vince Young

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere in SoCal

#4 Mar 21, 2009
LOL Stafford can't touch Mark Sanchez Jock,his arm is good not great he is not mobile he can't create his own play after the Original play breaks down.

The NFL Speed will reduce him to a clipboard holder or a scout team field general.

He would have been much better off to go to a Elite passing QB conference like the PAC10 to develope his skil set IMO~!

BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#5 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
LOL Stafford can't touch Mark Sanchez Jock,his arm is good not great he is not mobile he can't create his own play after the Original play breaks down.
The NFL Speed will reduce him to a clipboard holder or a scout team field general.
He would have been much better off to go to a Elite passing QB conference like the PAC10 to develope his skil set IMO~!
But like all kids, you want to test yourself against the best there is......and so.....he went to the SEC.
Sanchez should have too!

Somewhere in SoCal

#6 Mar 22, 2009
BearsFan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But like all kids, you want to test yourself against the best there is......and so.....he went to the SEC.
Sanchez should have too!
I agree to a point. The PAC10 is wide open,every achools runs a PRO NFL Style offense. The SEC does not do that traditionally.

Now the last few seasons the SEC has scored lots of points on offense and the defense by and lager over that period were not the same calibur of the SEC teams of the past 3-4 years ago IMO. Raqther a lack of defense all away around.

The PAC-10 has more QB's drafted by the NFL than any other conference for a reason thats what we do good.

Thoughts?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#7 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to a point. The PAC10 is wide open,every achools runs a PRO NFL Style offense. The SEC does not do that traditionally.
Now the last few seasons the SEC has scored lots of points on offense and the defense by and lager over that period were not the same calibur of the SEC teams of the past 3-4 years ago IMO. Raqther a lack of defense all away around.
The PAC-10 has more QB's drafted by the NFL than any other conference for a reason thats what we do good.
Thoughts?
my thoughts is Im going over and vote you HOMER of the decade !!!! JK Joe have a great weekend !!!
Devin Hester

Methuen, MA

#8 Mar 22, 2009
Delmas got a 12? Hell, I can score at least that.
Rob

United States

#9 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?
Not mobile? Check AU last year and other games where he scrambled around and scored with his feet
Can't go to his 2nd read? Where do you come up with this crap? He usually was his best with his 2nd/3rd reads
Only a good arm? LOL
Dude, I get it. I think anyone who has watched Stafford play gets it. You only saw 1-2 of his games and want to try and seem like an expert
You fail miserably

Somewhere in SoCal

#10 Mar 22, 2009
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>my thoughts is Im going over and vote you HOMER of the decade !!!! JK Joe have a great weekend !!!
Thanks buddy,did you see the post I totally defended you and for everyone to be honeste and objective on the threads and stop saying stupid SCHIT they could not back up with docs links you tube etc?

No worries TTC I will always have your back.

PS CB told me that she likes playing TE better than center,hehe Wink Wink

Gives TTC Polar bear hug lol =)

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#11 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thoughts?
i know its only one school, but georgia ran a pro style offense last year.

i would probably say the SEC and PAC 10 have about the same number of QBs who go to the nfl. look at the last 3 years or so. jason campbell(auburn), jamarcus russell(LSU), matt stafford(georgia), matt flynn(LSU), erik ainge(tennessee), rex grossman(florida), jay cutler(vanderbilt), andre woodson(kentucky), chris leak(florida), and you know tebow is going to get drafted.

Rensselaer

#12 Mar 22, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you talking about?
Not mobile? Check AU last year and other games where he scrambled around and scored with his feet
Can't go to his 2nd read? Where do you come up with this crap? He usually was his best with his 2nd/3rd reads
Only a good arm? LOL
Dude, I get it. I think anyone who has watched Stafford play gets it. You only saw 1-2 of his games and want to try and seem like an expert
You fail miserably
i think he may be sayint that just because hes a trojan fan.

Rensselaer

#13 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
have you taken into consideration the recievers he had at usc as a possible reason for his success? i think sanchez is a good qb and will be in the pros if he goes to right team, but he had damn good and big recievers.
Rob

United States

#14 Mar 22, 2009
True. He should know all about immobile, weak-arm, NFL bust QB's with Leinart

Somewhere in SoCal

#15 Mar 22, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you talking about?
Only a good arm? LOL
You fail miserably
Talk me when he is in his 1st no wait 2nd year in the NFL then get back with me but dont take my word on it read what the experts think.

2009 NFL Draft Prospects:
Matt Stafford Profile

Matt Stafford, 6-3/237

Quarterback

Georgia

Matt Stafford's Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

Strengths: Average height, but has great bulk ... Born with a rocket launcher for a right arm ... Throws the ball with a nice, tight spiral consistently ... Puts great touch on fade routes ... Displays a compact release ... Secures the football in the pocket ... Plays in a pro-style offense and is well coached ... Has a lot of experience against top competition as a 3 year starter ... More productive in junior season than he was in past ... Upside warrants a top three pick.

Weaknesses: Drop could be much quicker ... Sluggish footwork at times ... Throws off his back foot more than he should and it leads to poor accuracy ... Puts too much zip on the football on intermediate and crossing routes ... Doesn't sell the play action as well as he could ... Not going to elude pressure in the pocket, but does a decent job of moving the chains with his feet ... Doesn't show an understanding to audible into the correct pass protection or diagnose coverages.

Somewhere in SoCal

#16 Mar 22, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
i know its only one school, but georgia ran a pro style offense last year.
i would probably say the SEC and PAC 10 have about the same number of QBs who go to the nfl. look at the last 3 years or so. jason campbell(auburn), jamarcus russell(LSU), matt stafford(georgia), matt flynn(LSU), erik ainge(tennessee), rex grossman(florida), jay cutler(vanderbilt), andre woodson(kentucky), chris leak(florida), and you know tebow is going to get drafted.
Not so fast Jeebs,I like Mark Richt and all I am saying is tradiotionally the SEC is not Pass Happy.

I will reserve judgement,mark you calander and we can compare notes then.

Somewhere in SoCal

#17 Mar 22, 2009
Rob wrote:
True. He should know all about immobile, weak-arm, NFL bust QB's with Leinart
What are you talking about ML has a very good arm you just show it if your INJURED,huh?

and he has a very good touch pass too and you could do better,right?

Stafford could be the next Heath Schuler or maybe not but time always tells huh?

Have a good Day....Ya'll~!=)

Somewhere in SoCal

#18 Mar 22, 2009
RE: tebow is going to get drafted.

You Mean ROBO TEBOW????

Ifor what position?

as a QB?
as a TE?
as a FB?

and can be used as a combiniation~!

Good standup guy,class act great role model if no parents in the family.

Could be the next Billy Grahm if he chooses to go in that direction IMHO.

Rensselaer

#19 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast Jeebs,I like Mark Richt and all I am saying is tradiotionally the SEC is not Pass Happy.
I will reserve judgement,mark you calander and we can compare notes then.
i didnt say they were a big passing conference, i just gave numerous qb's who have come out of the SEC in the last couple of years.

Rensselaer

#20 Mar 22, 2009
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about ML has a very good arm you just show it if your INJURED,huh?
and he has a very good touch pass too and you could do better,right?
Stafford could be the next Heath Schuler or maybe not but time always tells huh?
Have a good Day....Ya'll~!=)
if only i could get everyone else to believe that leinart is a good qb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web