Next Raider?

Next Raider?

There are 22 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Apr 25, 2009, titled Next Raider?. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

Five possible choices for the Raiders with the No. 7 pick in today's NFL draft: n Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech: Regarded as the top prospect at his position and someone capable of starting right away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Apr 25, 2009
They all seem like good choices even though I'm not 100% sold on Maclin, but I still think Raji will benifit us most. I do like Crabtree, Smith, and Oher too...
mike moran

Hollywood, FL

#2 Apr 25, 2009
Crabtree, come on!!@!

Some West Texas County

#3 Apr 25, 2009
Darius Heyward-Bey!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me...We could've traded down for an extra pick and still got him...Hopefully he works out well for us...
mike moran

Hollywood, FL

#4 Apr 25, 2009
ya man, we could have gotten heyward bey in the 2nd!!!!
TexasRaider wrote:
Darius Heyward-Bey!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me...We could've traded down for an extra pick and still got him...Hopefully he works out well for us...
UK Steve

Nottingham, UK

#5 Apr 25, 2009
well the Jets screwed the Browns with their trade, so all things still consistent in the basement of the nfl .. HAHAHA
UK Steve

Nottingham, UK

#6 Apr 25, 2009
correction on my previous note (i didnt know the jets gave up their 17th pick overall too)

The Jets paid a high price to move up, handing former coach Eric Mangini a couple of starters from his old defense. Going to the Browns are DE Kenyon Coleman, QB Brett Ratliff and DB Abram Elam, a first-round pick (17th overall) and a second-round pick (52nd).

Some West Texas County

#7 Apr 25, 2009
Mike Mitchell!?!?!?! I did expect him to be a Raider, but not today. He was projected as a seventh rounder by everybody. I wasn't as surprised to see us take him as I was when we took Heyward-Bey, but either way both Raji and Brace are off the board now so sorry Freddy there will be no backflips. I do believe we got 2 great players so far, but I think we could've done better...I am not disappointed but I am stunned.
CALIR8DER

Stockton, CA

#8 Apr 25, 2009
Here is some film on Mike Mitchell dude looks like a beast.

Since: Oct 07

Hesperia, CA

#9 Apr 25, 2009
omg, i never heard of this dude until i just watched that video. no the greatest quality video but looks like a brian dawkins take your head off type. love the speed on the blitz and jacked that qb. let him loose on philip rivers and takem out. good pick.
RaiderFaith

Fuquay Varina, NC

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Don't know much about Mike Mitchell, However after watching that video clip....two things jump out at me....first he reads offenses veery well...that's hard to teach....one of those things that you either do well or don't and the other thing is he seems fearless....Overall seems to be a better pick than Heyward Bey...I hope I am wrong on Heyward Bay....but I think that was a big mistake....Only time will tell....I wasn't able to see the trade what happened with us getting the 2nd rd pick via trade???

Some West Texas County

#11 Apr 25, 2009
As soon as I had heard of him and read about his visit with the Raiders, I knew he'd be one. Sounds like he hits like Tatum and Atkinson. I hope he can create turnovers as well as knock the heads off of opponents. RAIDERNATION 2009!!!!!!!

Some West Texas County

#12 Apr 26, 2009
Matt Shaunessey DE Wisconsin...Never heard of him

Some West Texas County

#13 Apr 26, 2009
OK surely they plan on moving him to SLB...He's only 253 lbs but he is 6'6...
Mark Skidmark

Tampa, FL

#14 Apr 26, 2009
I've never heard a man that can fart as loud in public as Warren Sapp can.

Some West Texas County

#15 Apr 26, 2009
WR Louis Murphy from Florida oughta be good depth...Plus he came from a championship team and should bring a winning mentality to the locker room (but then again so did Michael Huff but I never thought Huff was first round matterial when he was in college).

LB Slade Norris from Oregon State gives us another LB and I remember him putting on a few hard hits in the only Oregon State game I saw last year...
UK Steve

Nottingham, UK

#16 Apr 26, 2009
hey fellas, one thing that seems consistent with all the picks is their attitude and work ethic which really pleases me .. no of this talented but premadonna stuff
UK Steve

Nottingham, UK

#17 Apr 26, 2009
RaiderFaith wrote:
Don't know much about Mike Mitchell, However after watching that video clip....two things jump out at me....first he reads offenses veery well...that's hard to teach....one of those things that you either do well or don't and the other thing is he seems fearless....Overall seems to be a better pick than Heyward Bey...I hope I am wrong on Heyward Bay....but I think that was a big mistake....Only time will tell....I wasn't able to see the trade what happened with us getting the 2nd rd pick via trade???
Bet Mitchell takes the vaccant #32 jersey (Tatum's old number ... quality.
RaiderFaith

Fuquay Varina, NC

#18 Apr 26, 2009
I got a good vibe about Mitchell....I think he will be a Tatum-esque player....smash teeth to the back of the helmet type of player.
UK Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet Mitchell takes the vaccant #32 jersey (Tatum's old number ... quality.
UK Steve

Nottingham, UK

#19 Apr 26, 2009
hope they take mitch king, DT from IOWA with the 6th round pick then best o lineman in the 7th .. job done

Some West Texas County

#20 Apr 26, 2009
Strycker Shulak or something like that...DE Mizz hope he lives up to his name if it is pronounced striker...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web