Raiders pick speedy Heyward-Bey

Raiders pick speedy Heyward-Bey

There are 38 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 26, 2009, titled Raiders pick speedy Heyward-Bey. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

First came the euphoria for Darrius Heyward-Bey , then the sucker punch. When the Oakland Raiders made Heyward-Bey the seventh pick - and first wide receiver - of the draft Saturday, a group of 30-plus close friends and family exploded in delirium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Danielle

San Mateo, CA

#1 Apr 26, 2009
I just want to say that I live in the bay area and I'm a HUGE Oakland Raider fan..I go to many games throughout the season...and I'm honored to call Darrius Heyward-Bey and Oakland Raider. I want this good hearted gentleman prove all those RUDE anaylists WRONG!! I'm so happy Oakland picked him up on the 7th pick over Crabtree and Maclin......I honestly a have a feeling that this man is going to blow every ones minds and make those ones who doubted him eat there words. Those anaylists say "Oakland should have never picked him up 7th pick and what are they thinking?" Darrius....they just don't know that it's NOT the Raiders being crazy it's the Raiders TRULY believing in you in a PERSON and PLAYER....and thats all that matters!!! Welcome to the bay area and the Oakland raiders..I can't wait to watch you play!! Good luck..Danielle ([email protected])

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Apr 27, 2009
Welcome to our forum Danielle...I was a little critical of the pick myself for a while until I heard what Coach Cable had to say and I'm quite happy with the pick now so I look forward to calling Darius Heyward-Bey Rookie of the Year.

I am extremely happy to have Safety Mike Mitchell in a Raider uniform. The old school hard hitting safety tandem is back only this time it's Tyvon Branch and Mike Mitchell instead of Jack Tatum and George The Animal Atkinson
RAIDERNATION 2009!!!!!!!
UnpluggTheBolts

Utica, KY

#3 Apr 27, 2009
A Raiders fan once said on a topix blog page reporting my Colts loss in the playoffs to the steroid addict Chargers and their lucky little prick punter that "when Al Davis dies, the Raiders are going to dominate the league" and well after seeing Al Davis and the Raiders 09 NFL draft (no offense by any means to the Raiders, their draft, or their fans) That may actually happen

PS.
Not trying to be mean or any thing but cheer up Raiders fans your team believe it or not has had lots of success with WR's in the NFL draft and the last WR the Raiders drafted in round 1 was Tim Brown.

And all though I have nothing against the Raiders and there not really one of my fav. NFL teams. I would never make fun of them, because I know that's a good way to get your ass kicked.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#4 Apr 27, 2009
darrius hayward-bey
welcome, with open arms!--
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Chop Stix

Cenxi, China

#7 Apr 27, 2009
No wonder why Carbtree did not want to go to Oakland. Too much man love.
Chop Stix

Cenxi, China

#8 Apr 27, 2009
You want to put egg roll in beybutt.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#9 Apr 27, 2009
Chop Stix wrote:
No wonder why Carbtree did not want to go to Oakland. Too much man love.
EXACTLY! chop sticks, no love for oakland!
"DARRIUS HEYWARD-BAY"
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Al Davis

Moscow, Russia

#10 Apr 27, 2009
Crabtree had all the love and the best skills in this WR draft. Mangini scared me away from him and I did not get his 40 time because he did not run in the combine. All I had to do was watch his Tech game film to see his playmaking abilities. Sometimes I dont know what I am doing.
Achmed

United States

#11 Apr 28, 2009
Al Davis wrote:
Crabtree had all the love and the best skills in this WR draft. Mangini scared me away from him and I did not get his 40 time because he did not run in the combine. All I had to do was watch his Tech game film to see his playmaking abilities. Sometimes I dont know what I am doing.
Chop Stix wrote:
You want to put egg roll in beybutt.
SILENCE!!!...I keel you!!!!!!!
fare

Jelah, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#12 Apr 28, 2009
Heyward-Bey is very good player!I wish Giants pick him but Raiders arent stupid and pick him very early i first round.I wish luck to Raiders in next season and final with Giants.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#13 Apr 28, 2009
mixed reactions on the draft pick D H B. honestly i wanted crabtree. D H B, has been known for not having sure hands and shy about catching a ball by saying he hears footsteps. how can that be fixed? coaching! "hopefuly". he has height and speed and eventually was ranked decently high in the draft. our coaches seen something in him that may help our RAIDERS jamarcus russell in a special way. i know one thing for sure,(endzone baby) that is what we have been looking for. as for now, i just say, give our man darrius heyward-bey a chance!
RAIDERS 2009!!!

Some West Texas County

#14 May 10, 2009
One thing I'm already liking about him is that he's ready to learn the playbook and execute it. He has the work ethic that Coach Cable was talking about and he wants to get better.

They're already thinking high on Mike Mitchell too. I think they're starting him as the #2 strong safety before they try moving him around to FS. I think he and Tyvon Branch would be a bad ass pair of safeties.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#15 May 12, 2009
i liked tyvon branch and i bragged about him last year. too bad he was injured and we could not see enough of him to see his best. but he is well. good enough to start the season with more enthusiasm to play.coaches were impresssed. now, we got mike mitchell who has also impressed coaches. is eager to get started "hitting" not just practicing! now just imagine these two together.(it's a RAIDER thang)
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Im Batman

UK

#16 May 13, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
i liked tyvon branch...now just imagine us two together.(it's a gay RAIDER thang)RAIDERS 2009!!!
We know.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#17 May 13, 2009
Im Batman wrote:
<quoted text>
We know.
squeelers, squeeeelers!(LOL)
RAIDERS 2009!!! it's a RAIDER thang!=)

Some West Texas County

#18 May 26, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
i liked tyvon branch and i bragged about him last year. too bad he was injured and we could not see enough of him to see his best. but he is well. good enough to start the season with more enthusiasm to play.coaches were impresssed. now, we got mike mitchell who has also impressed coaches. is eager to get started "hitting" not just practicing! now just imagine these two together.(it's a RAIDER thang)
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Branch gave us reason to believe before his injury and he was a back up. Had this happened to Michael Huff his rookie year, I wonder if he would've still been a Raider because he really hasn't done much of anything and he started every game up until Coach Cable benched him last year. Plus Branch got his first career pick in his second game rather than his second season (unlike Huff).
Achmed

Atlanta, GA

#19 May 26, 2009

PROXY IP 2009!!! it's a RAIDER thang!=)

RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.

"HOWS THE WEATHER UP THERE IN CANADA"!!!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

Littleton, CO

#20 May 26, 2009
Achmed wrote:
PROXY IP 2009!!! it's a RAIDER thang!=)
RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.
RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.
RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.
"HOWS THE WEATHER UP THERE IN CANADA"!!!!!
GOTTA LOVE IT!!!=)
ASK ME HOW IT IS IN COLORADO (lol)
RAIDERS 2009!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

Littleton, CO

#21 May 26, 2009
coffee with pie! squeelers squeeeelers!
Achmed

Atlanta, GA

#22 May 26, 2009
SILENCE!!!!!!!!!.I keel you!!!!!!!

RAIDER MISTERIO
Simi Valley, CA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Toronto, Canada.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Bolingbroke, GA.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Denver, CO.

RAIDER MISTERIO
Broomfield, CO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Crabtree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Crabtree has offer from Dolphins, think... (Apr '15) Apr '15 RedRaiderHamburgers 1
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News 49ers vs. Texans, preseason 2014: Colin Kaepern... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News NFL players talk about race with Harvard students (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dale Earnhfardt 1
News 49ers, Seahawks 'don't like' each other, Vernon... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Richard Sherman R... 16
News 49ers beat weather, Packers in NFC wild-card vi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Coxyboy-1 1
News 49ers vs. Packers: Who Has the Edge at Every Po... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web