Letter to Green Bay Packer Fans: You're Right, but It Doesn't Matter

Jan 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

It sucks to witness what many consider "one of the greatest games of all time" and come out on the losing end because of a bad or missed call.A The Arizona Cardinals and their fans are familiar with that fact, and now, thanks to the Cards, the Green Bay Packers and their backers are too.A Consider this an open letter of condolence to Packer fans ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Asked whether that should have been a penalty, Ted Thompson said: "That's not my job."

I guess TT is too busy being laser focused on his job. Why then don't the Packers have better results? 43-40 since he became GM. Only one Division Title. The Packer's haven't drafted a really good O-lineman under TT's management. Imagine if the Packer line protected Rodgers as well as the Cards line protected Kurt Warner. Better yet, imagine if the Packers won the division (as they used to do) and were on a bye week like the Vikings. Imagine the Packers had built a Baltimore like defense to help Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the offense.

All of those things can happen if the Packers hire a better GM. Without a change at GM, don't expect anything to change.

Let me start the chant for the TT lovers: "Five more years! Five more years! Five more years of failure!"

Everybody opposed to the Packers getting better raise your hand. There, you just voted to keep Ted Thompson.
Rick

Olney, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
Asked whether that should have been a penalty, Ted Thompson said: "That's not my job."
I guess TT is too busy being laser focused on his job. Why then don't the Packers have better results? 43-40 since he became GM. Only one Division Title. The Packer's haven't drafted a really good O-lineman under TT's management. Imagine if the Packer line protected Rodgers as well as the Cards line protected Kurt Warner. Better yet, imagine if the Packers won the division (as they used to do) and were on a bye week like the Vikings. Imagine the Packers had built a Baltimore like defense to help Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the offense.
All of those things can happen if the Packers hire a better GM. Without a change at GM, don't expect anything to change.
Let me start the chant for the TT lovers: "Five more years! Five more years! Five more years of failure!"
Everybody opposed to the Packers getting better raise your hand. There, you just voted to keep Ted Thompson.
Please stop it. It is unhealthy and tour freaking me out with the TT crap!!!!

Peter King- NFL Executive of the Year...Ted Thompson
The Washington Redskins media after hiring Bruce Allen as GM...

Please let him (Allen) be like GB's Thompson and do not trade away picks and build up from within. Close quote.

Your point?
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

My point? GMs are measured by results, not meaningless opinions. Many experts also picked the Bengals, Patriots and Packers to win last weekend. They were wrong! And so are you!

The Packers regularly won the division prior to TT. If they had this year, they would have been on a bye week like the Vikings. TT has built the Packers down! He hasn't built them up. If the Redskins Bruce Allen is no better than Ted Thompson the Redskins are in big trouble.

The Packers are 43-40 under TT's mismanagement. In 5 years he has led the Packer's to one division title and 2nd place in the division this year. The Packers have only made the playoffs in years in which the Packers have had the easiest schedule in the NFL. Those are TT's results!

My point is that the Packers can and should do better. I want real success for the Packers. A better GM can do that.
Rick

Olney, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
My point? GMs are measured by results, not meaningless opinions. Many experts also picked the Bengals, Patriots and Packers to win last weekend. They were wrong! And so are you!
The Packers regularly won the division prior to TT. If they had this year, they would have been on a bye week like the Vikings. TT has built the Packers down! He hasn't built them up. If the Redskins Bruce Allen is no better than Ted Thompson the Redskins are in big trouble.
The Packers are 43-40 under TT's mismanagement. In 5 years he has led the Packer's to one division title and 2nd place in the division this year. The Packers have only made the playoffs in years in which the Packers have had the easiest schedule in the NFL. Those are TT's results!
My point is that the Packers can and should do better. I want real success for the Packers. A better GM can do that.
Gove me a name of a good GM who is available then.
Rick

Olney, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Gove=give...sorry.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Gove me a name of a good GM who is available then.
Ask Mark Murphy. He has the resources and connections that I don't have. I hadn't heard of Ron Wolf prior to his being hired. That worked out well. I assume that there are people that can do better than 43-40 and one division title in 5 years. If not, the NFL is in a really sad state of affairs.

If you want names from someone on Topix, I suggest you ask eric. He provided a list, a few months back, of people that he believed would make "excellent" GMs. I recall that one was Mike Holmgren. Of course he is no longer available. I think he also mentioned Bill Cowher. He's available. I hope Mark Murphy considers more candidates than anyone here might suggest. If you can get Mr. Murphy to involve me in the hiring process, I'll be happy to share my impression of the candidates.

eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

You haven't heard of Ron Wolf before he was hired GBPfan? Ron WOlF led the NYJ to their one of a few Playoff runs in the early 80s with qb Richard Todd, he was a name at that point.
OK ill try to help
Mike Holmgren,,gone as you mentioned and would you rather GM GB or be president of Cleveland?
Mike Shanahan,gone, GM Washington and the Packers couldnt nego. with him as they were playoff bound and had other things to deal with
Bill Cowher wants to stay retired for another season,but,how knows
Jon "Chucky" Gruden,signed on MNF for years to come
WHO ELSE IS THERE?
Former Indy Coach Tony Dungy,Holmgren wants to give him the GM job in Cleveland and apparently they must be friends so who knows there.
Unless you want to go into the college ranks,i cant think of anyone else
Bottom line is,it sounds like Mark Murphy is happy with the GM he has and like you said,he has the connections/list ect of candidates and apparently none of them are better than Ted Thompson or id think he would hire him/her
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
or it might not do that and if there were a better one out there MM would at least look into it
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

eric wrote:
You haven't heard of Ron Wolf before he was hired GBPfan? Ron WOlF led the NYJ to their one of a few Playoff runs in the early 80s with qb Richard Todd, he was a name at that point.
OK ill try to help
Mike Holmgren,,gone as you mentioned and would you rather GM GB or be president of Cleveland?
Mike Shanahan,gone, GM Washington and the Packers couldnt nego. with him as they were playoff bound and had other things to deal with
Bill Cowher wants to stay retired for another season,but,how knows
Jon "Chucky" Gruden,signed on MNF for years to come
WHO ELSE IS THERE?
Former Indy Coach Tony Dungy,Holmgren wants to give him the GM job in Cleveland and apparently they must be friends so who knows there.
Unless you want to go into the college ranks,i cant think of anyone else
Bottom line is,it sounds like Mark Murphy is happy with the GM he has and like you said,he has the connections/list ect of candidates and apparently none of them are better than Ted Thompson or id think he would hire him/her
I hear rumor has it that Cleveland will hire Philadelphia Eagles GM Tom Heckert. I find it interesting that Mike Holmgren wants nothing to do with Ted Thompson. Mike had Ted working for him before. Obviously, he knows better than to try to lure the bum from the Packers.
I understand Ron Wolf was with the Raiders from 1978-1990. He then was briefly the personnel director for the Jets before becoming Packer GM in 1991. If you knew of him prior to being hired by the Packers congrats. I didn't. I certainly don't know all the GMs in the league now, let alone all the "personnel directors" and all the other management personnel that a person such as Mark Murphy ought to know. If you do that is great. Please give Rick the names of qualified candidates for the GM position in Green Bay. Apparently, he wishes to pass the names on to Mark Murphy.
Assuming Mark Murphy can't hire better than a 43-40 GM that wins the division once in 5 years seems strange to me. However, you are free to believe that if you wish, just as you are free to believe in the tooth fairy. I do know that Mark Murphy gets paid regardless of the Packers record. I also know that the Packers will fill the stadium regardless of the lack of success by Mark Murphy or Ted Thompson.
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

eric wrote:
<quoted text>or it might not do that and if there were a better one out there MM would at least look into it
You know of nobody that can do better than 43-40 and one division title in 5 years? Perhaps you shouldn't be the one to make any suggestions to Mark Murphy. It doesn't seem to matter anyhow. There isn't much evidence that Mark Murphy is interested in doing anything other than drawing a paycheck.
Rick

Olney, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know of nobody that can do better than 43-40 and one division title in 5 years? Perhaps you shouldn't be the one to make any suggestions to Mark Murphy. It doesn't seem to matter anyhow. There isn't much evidence that Mark Murphy is interested in doing anything other than drawing a paycheck.
How about Matt Millen? He seems to be available, GBPFan?

The only reason Mike Holmgren will not speak with Ted about the position and you know this is that it is tampering.

How about Mike Renfeldt?

C'mon now.
t gizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I don't think either one of u 2 know sh!t from apple butter.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
im sorry ill rephrase my statemtnt for you.Just because you change GM/s doesnt mean success.I know where your going,but,you keep saying Anti TT.......... but,if there isnt a person on the radar change for change sack sometimes makes thing worse.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear rumor has it that Cleveland will hire Philadelphia Eagles GM Tom Heckert. I find it interesting that Mike Holmgren wants nothing to do with Ted Thompson. Mike had Ted working for him before. Obviously, he knows better than to try to lure the bum from the Packers.
I understand Ron Wolf was with the Raiders from 1978-1990. He then was briefly the personnel director for the Jets before becoming Packer GM in 1991. If you knew of him prior to being hired by the Packers congrats. I didn't. I certainly don't know all the GMs in the league now, let alone all the "personnel directors" and all the other management personnel that a person such as Mark Murphy ought to know. If you do that is great. Please give Rick the names of qualified candidates for the GM position in Green Bay. Apparently, he wishes to pass the names on to Mark Murphy.
Assuming Mark Murphy can't hire better than a 43-40 GM that wins the division once in 5 years seems strange to me. However, you are free to believe that if you wish, just as you are free to believe in the tooth fairy. I do know that Mark Murphy gets paid regardless of the Packers record. I also know that the Packers will fill the stadium regardless of the lack of success by Mark Murphy or Ted Thompson.
You stated you didn't know of Ron Wolf and he was fairly well known,didn't mean to offend you,i was just surprised you hadn't ever heard of him,but obviously you have since you know about the Raiders,then the Jets ect
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
ok,so why are you having a stroke about Ted THompson then.Think about it,you can care all you want,but,if you think Mark M. doesnt really care,he wants a pay check,then why bitch to us,write to the Packers and complain about removing Mark Murphy and stop having a stroke about Ted
bottom line,if the Packers suck or Ted doesnt do his job,Mark Murphy's ass will be on the line and his pay check,so,im sure he cares.I dont know all the names either,but,you can go to successful teams like NE,Talk to Parcells in Miami, talk to SD,talk to teams that have had winning records over the last several years and talk to the GM assistants and im sure Mark Murphy has thought about that and again would have done something if there is a better GM candidate out there.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason Mike Holmgren will not speak with Ted about the position and you know this is that it is tampering.
How about Mike Renfeldt?
C'mon now.
Last i heard Reinfeldt was in Seattle ,Wonder where he is now
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Mike Renfeldt?
C'mon now.
It's not tampering for Mike Holmgren to discuss aquiring Thompson with the Packers. He is only prevented from contacting Ted directly. However, there is no indication that Mike Holmgren has an interest in aquiring the Packer's version of Matt Millen.

If you mean Mike Reinfeldt, Titans Executive Vice President/General Manager, I doubt the Titans will let him go, but Murphy could explore the possibility I suppose.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

as far as Ted goes,Holmgren wouldn't look at him because the next move up is Holmgrens job
GBPfan

Fountain, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

eric wrote:
as far as Ted goes,Holmgren wouldn't look at him because the next move up is Holmgrens job
Thompson's next job will be at McDonald's drive thru window. Good thing I don't go to McDonalds. I wouldn't trust him to make correct change.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Hey Ted might give you too much change! aaa never mind that would never happen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michael Adams Discussions

Search the Michael Adams Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Green Bay Packers-Arizona Cardinals earns best ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Da Boys 3
Dansby's TD in OT caps wild Cardinals win over ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Otis 3
Rodgers downplays facemask no-call on decisive ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Fonz 3
Cardinals round out playoff field with OT win (Jan '10) Jan '10 fmc651 1
Some Cards Not Caught Short (Sep '09) Sep '09 Danica 1
Arizona Cardinals release former Colt (Nov '07) Nov '07 Stuck Reading the Star 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••