Colts' Dungy retires from football

Colts' Dungy retires from football

There are 5 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Colts' Dungy retires from football. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Tony Dungy always considered football just a career path. Not his life's mission.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

paula hurdle

Studio City, CA

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Mr. Dungy was a class act and I wish him and his family peace and happiness. Thanks for all the wonderful football that you coached.
TMD

Johnston, RI

#2 Jan 13, 2009
"Baaaaa", said the Sheep
TMD

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 13, 2009
TMD wrote:
"Baaaaa", said the Sheep
As I said before, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
Suzyn Waldman

Johnston, RI

#4 Jan 14, 2009
News Press Conference: BREAKING HEADLINES.

"Tony Dungy is at the podium with Bill Polian and Jim Irsay, and Tony Dungy is RETIRING. Oh my good – goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things – of all the dramatic things I’ve ever seen, Tony Dungy standing at the podium with Bill Polian and Jim Irsay announcing he is Not Coming Back! Nobody ever saw this coming; especially all those of the Illinois Trailer Park Associations across the state who rely on the Colts to get them through the day without their Crack pipes or fifths of Moonshine. Tony Dungy is no longer an Indy Colt! Not a dry eye in the building, or city for that fact. The floodgates have opened. And there we go people, you don’t have to worry about who’s going to choke in the playoffs anymore – no more 1 & DONE in post-season play for this guy. You should see what’s going on in the Colts locker room! Big grin on Peyton Manning’s face! He gets to step up his "me" game with his "I" in T-E-A-M concept without any discord from the sidelines. Marvin Harrison knew, big-size Tony Dungy is no longer a Colt! Attention fans! He is here for the last time, so we’ve been told this time around, and now we don’t have to discuss who takes that spot in the coaching position anymore – bring on Jim Caldwell."
TMD

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 14, 2009
Suzyn Waldman wrote:
News Press Conference: BREAKING HEADLINES.
"Tony Dungy is at the podium with Bill Polian and Jim Irsay, and Tony Dungy is RETIRING. Oh my good – goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things – of all the dramatic things I’ve ever seen, Tony Dungy standing at the podium with Bill Polian and Jim Irsay announcing he is Not Coming Back! Nobody ever saw this coming; especially all those of the Illinois Trailer Park Associations across the state who rely on the Colts to get them through the day without their Crack pipes or fifths of Moonshine. Tony Dungy is no longer an Indy Colt! Not a dry eye in the building, or city for that fact. The floodgates have opened. And there we go people, you don’t have to worry about who’s going to choke in the playoffs anymore – no more 1 & DONE in post-season play for this guy. You should see what’s going on in the Colts locker room! Big grin on Peyton Manning’s face! He gets to step up his "me" game with his "I" in T-E-A-M concept without any discord from the sidelines. Marvin Harrison knew, big-size Tony Dungy is no longer a Colt! Attention fans! He is here for the last time, so we’ve been told this time around, and now we don’t have to discuss who takes that spot in the coaching position anymore – bring on Jim Caldwell."
Ahhh, what's the matter Suzy/LaserRocketArm/Buddy Baccari? Jumped off the Pats bandwagon because they didn't make it to the playoffs?

Still stinging from Brady's choke in last year's SB after the Pats scored 23 points below their season and 12 points below their playoff average?

Still stinging from Brady's choke in the 2006 AFC Championship after a late Brady interception?

Still stinging from Brady's choke in the 2005 playoffs when your Pats got buried by Denver after a late Brady interception?(DENVER...REALLY? )

It must be tough watching your Pats slowly drift away and become irrelevant...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melvin Bullitt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Possibly Interested In Former Colts Saf... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News The replacements: Francisco, Angerer latest in ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 SJ Bobkins 1
News Do the Colts have too many D-tackles and when w... (Apr '10) Apr '10 beardy117 1
News Bruised Ben (Nov '08) Nov '08 thomas stacey 24
News Colts pick off win in Pittsburgh (Nov '08) Nov '08 Football AL 3
News Ravens-Colts game log (Oct '08) Oct '08 Burt from Essex 364
News Ailing Colts to face rival Jags (Sep '08) Sep '08 Charles Nickalopo... 2
More from around the web