Browns target Bill Cower as their next head coach

Dec 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WDJT

Steelers don't see Cower going to Cleveland. Some of his former Steelers players would love watching Bill Cowher spray another team with spittle and swear words.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2008
grim reaper

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2008

if only............

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2008

The possibility exists, but I am not sure Cowher would take that at this time. A lot of pontificators are citing his ties to the Browns, but that was obviously in the old era and regime. This is a different ownership group.

Maybe Cowher has the fire back and burning again, but I am not sure I see him in Cleveland. I think the Browns would be best suited to find the next up and coming coordinator, that is not on the mainstream radar, sort of how the Steelers (Tomlin) and Ravens (Harbaugh) progressed.

mary campbell YO OH

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2008

I have been a Browns fan for many years. And every season it feels as "this might be the season." And it seems that every 3 years we get another 5 year plan. YOU NEED A TRUE LEADER... starts with the General manager then the Head Coach--finally on the field it all falls in the hands of the QB. You can't rationalize why my Browns all have the downward slope like the United States economy under the Bush administration. I know that Cowher is a leader--not a follower. He played for Cleveland coached in Cleveland--then Pittsburgh had their chance. And he brought success to them. Cleveland needs to enhance their abilities as a team.
And most of all WE NEED A NEW PRACTICE FIELD and start fresh..maybe just maybe next year we won't have STAPH infections. Let's go management you have dedicated fans out here and it seems that we know more about the team than the upper management...good luck and i still love my Browns.

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

There may be a lot of vacancies to choose from, for all of the candidates --

Bengals
Browns
Washington (maybe)
Seattle
St. Louis
Dallas (maybe)
Detroit
Kansas City
Oakland (maybe)
New York (AFC)(maybe)

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Don't hold your breath Cleveland..

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Gomer wrote:
Don't hold your breath Cleveland..
If I heard it correctly, Phil Savage was fired by the Browns shortly after the game.

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

mary campbell YO OH wrote:
I have been a Browns fan for many years. And every season it feels as "this might be the season." And it seems that every 3 years we get another 5 year plan. YOU NEED A TRUE LEADER... starts with the General manager then the Head Coach--finally on the field it all falls in the hands of the QB. You can't rationalize why my Browns all have the downward slope like the United States economy under the Bush administration. I know that Cowher is a leader--not a follower. He played for Cleveland coached in Cleveland--then Pittsburgh had their chance. And he brought success to them. Cleveland needs to enhance their abilities as a team.
And most of all WE NEED A NEW PRACTICE FIELD and start fresh..maybe just maybe next year we won't have STAPH infections. Let's go management you have dedicated fans out here and it seems that we know more about the team than the upper management...good luck and i still love my Browns.
Savage is out, Crennel TBD according to SI and USA Today. Good luck in the Coach & GM Search!

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

According to ESPN's First Take, Bill Cowher has informed Randy Lerner that he is not a candidate for the opening in Cleveland.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Max Starks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tomlin knows what the Steelers need (Feb '08) Mar '14 JW Smooth 8,963
Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
NFL's Thursday Night Football proves to be hard... (Oct '12) Oct '12 The Shining 4
Building an NFL Trade Deadline Wish List for th... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nappy 2
Sean Spence Injury: Rookie LB Hurts Knee In Thi... (Aug '12) Aug '12 bill 1
Terrell Suggs, His Career Against the Steelers,... (Jun '12) Jun '12 James 1
Juicy matchup in Steel City (Oct '11) Oct '11 Matchfarts 2

Search the Max Starks Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••