Roethlisberger sits out Redskins game with injury

Aug 22, 2009 Read more: St. Paul Pioneer Press 12

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger got the night off after injuring his Achilles' tendon in practice this week.

Read more
Gomer

AOL

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Skin's won! Shazaam!
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#3 Aug 23, 2009
Gomer wrote:
Skin's won! Shazaam!
Guess the Redskins go to the Super Bowl, wut? Oh, hold on a minute, It`s only pre-season.

Nevermind!!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Aug 24, 2009
Gomer wrote:
Skin's won! Shazaam!
Enjoy it,'cause it might be the highlight of the season. Or has Daniel Snyder finally rented a playoff team?

Since: Feb 08

Vincentown, NJ

#5 Aug 24, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy it,'cause it might be the highlight of the season. Or has Daniel Snyder finally rented a playoff team?
Shhhhhhhh! Don't give Snyder any new ideas on how to spend money. He might just try it. Hey, that 3rd string Redskin squad is a pretty stout bunch, no?
George

Berryville, VA

#6 Aug 24, 2009
Gomer wrote:
Skin's won! Shazaam!
WOW! Skins won a pre-season game! Whoopee!

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#7 Aug 24, 2009
Gomer wrote:
Skin's won! Shazaam!
I guess its been awhile since the Redskins won anything.

Of note though...nice of Danny Boy to hand out free 'white towels' in a move to try to hide all of the Terrible Towels that made their way into the Steeler friendly confines in Landover.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

#8 Aug 24, 2009
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess its been awhile since the Redskins won anything.
Of note though...nice of Danny Boy to hand out free 'white towels' in a move to try to hide all of the Terrible Towels that made their way into the Steeler friendly confines in Landover.
I just love it when the other team waves white flags of surrender! lol. remember those little nancy-boy pom poms the denver fans were shaking in the play off run to SB XL?

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#9 Aug 24, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when the other team waves white flags of surrender! lol. remember those little nancy-boy pom poms the denver fans were shaking in the play off run to SB XL?
Very clearly...I am just amazed how many teams try to come up with a gimmick to counter the Terrible Towell.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

#10 Aug 24, 2009
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Very clearly...I am just amazed how many teams try to come up with a gimmick to counter the Terrible Towell.
I guess they get tired of seeing so many gold towels waving around in their stadiums. It totally makes it look like there are more fans because they are so visible. The problem of course is you open yourself to ridicule when you try to imitate an icon like the TT. There is only one and in typical Pittsburgh style all the profits go to a great cause. Gotta love it!

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#11 Aug 26, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. Bob...that made me laugh for a good 5 minutes.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

#12 Aug 26, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. Bob...that made me laugh for a good 5 minutes.
there can be only one...terrible towel
BigBenlovers

Woodbine, MD

#13 Sep 29, 2009
SHUT UP! we only lost cuz our Baby-BIG BEN wuznt playing. so drop it PLEASE! we don't like max starks anymore-he's the one that fell on his ankle. stupid starks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Starks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tomlin knows what the Steelers need (Feb '08) Mar '14 JW Smooth 8,963
News Unsung Heroes of Pittsburgh Steelers' 2012 Season (Dec '12) Dec '12 John Polvere 1
News NFL's Thursday Night Football proves to be hard... (Oct '12) Oct '12 The Shining 4
News Building an NFL Trade Deadline Wish List for th... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nappy 2
News Sean Spence Injury: Rookie LB Hurts Knee In Thi... (Aug '12) Aug '12 bill 1
News Terrell Suggs, His Career Against the Steelers,... (Jun '12) Jun '12 James 1
News Juicy matchup in Steel City (Oct '11) Oct '11 Matchfarts 2
More from around the web