Pros weigh in on what position Tebow ...

Pros weigh in on what position Tebow will play in the NFL

There are 40 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 1, 2009, titled Pros weigh in on what position Tebow will play in the NFL. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tim Tebow and the NFL ? Yes, the Gators ' Heisman Trophy winning QB has one more year left in Gainesville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Vegas Baby!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 2, 2009
You know, Andrea is the one who wrote the article semi-bashing Tebow a few months ago. But she keeps writing articles about him. I'm confused? If you don't like him, don't write about him.
London

Frisco, TX

#3 Mar 2, 2009
He's a winner, so you have to expect the doubters to attack. Typical liberal attitutes.
jobaduh

Melbourne, FL

#4 Mar 2, 2009
Tebow will reinvent the QB position in the NFL, just as he has in college. Look how many teams already have adopted the wildcat to get an edge.
Tennismom

Lakeland, FL

#5 Mar 2, 2009
He'll be drafted to oversee tailgating as he feeds thousands using only a few loaves of bread and some fish. For halftime activities he'll walk on water and wake the dead.
RJG

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Tebow will come in the NFL, where he is drafted as a QB prospect, period. Every analyst says that NFL teams have always wanted to run a single wing/open offence but have not had the pieces. Tebow changes that.
Bobby

Lake Monroe, FL

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Gator fedup wrote:
Tebow will bomb out of pro football and then play with little balls and long dongs like he did in the spring. I think he like that more any way. He wants to keeps his hands on the balls.
So basically you're saying that you prefer the company of other men.

I hate the Gators just as much as anyone, but at least try to make a decent argument against him rather than fill up a post with your interracial homoerotic fantasies.
Eye in the Sky

Orlando, FL

#8 Mar 2, 2009
It all depends on which team drafts him and what they expect. If he goes to a bad team like Detroit and is expected to be their "savior", he will struggle. But if he goes to a good team and spends a couple of years behind a veteran QB learning the pro style of play, I think he will be the second-coming of Brett Farve.
fan

Society Hill, SC

#9 Mar 2, 2009
only time will tell...and please dont compare him to brett favre..none of these kids have played enough in the nfl to b compared to the hall of famers
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#10 Mar 2, 2009
Why are we having this conversation? It just shows that the Slantinel will do anything to get the attention of it's largest demographic. He will not take a snap in the NFL for a year and a half, if he ever does.
Jimmy

Orlando, FL

#11 Mar 2, 2009
RJG wrote:
Tebow will come in the NFL, where he is drafted as a QB prospect, period. Every analyst says that NFL teams have always wanted to run a single wing/open offence but have not had the pieces. Tebow changes that.
He's not the first QB with running ability. He's just the first with running ability that can't throw yet people still think he's an NFL QB.
Realtime

Tampa, FL

#12 Mar 2, 2009
Tebow will be a first round pick at QB, his success in the league will be determined by his coaching/play calling and his health. Paired with a decent tailback and an above average OL this guy will defeat the best of NFL defenses without ever throwing the long ball.

While he may not start his first game as a rookie bet that he will finish it and start game two.
omeganole2

Mims, FL

#13 Mar 2, 2009
He is the best quarterback I've ever seen. I hate him. I wish we had him.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#14 Mar 2, 2009
i think tebow will the biggest bust of the 2010 nfl draft.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#15 Mar 2, 2009
Realtime wrote:
Tebow will be a first round pick at QB, his success in the league will be determined by his coaching/play calling and his health. Paired with a decent tailback and an above average OL this guy will defeat the best of NFL defenses without ever throwing the long ball.
While he may not start his first game as a rookie bet that he will finish it and start game two.
he was maybe the 3rd best qb in college last year.
GatorFan

United States

#16 Mar 2, 2009
omeganole2 wrote:
He is the best quarterback I've ever seen. I hate him. I wish we had him.
Now you know how we Gators felt about Charlie Ward :-)
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#17 Mar 2, 2009
I really like Dorsett's comments.
I am not saying Tebow will be a great QB, or even a good one, in the pros, but Tony is right in that leadership is a key factor in what determines true greatness at the position, and Tim definitely has that.
Westbrook also makes a great point, however. Because of the system, it would indeed be hard to draft Tebow in the first few rounds with the defined intentions of keeping him as a QB.
marko

Orlando, FL

#18 Mar 2, 2009
tim tebo could be a big running back operating the wild cat,he could move to tight end,and full back.this guy has versatility and can make it as a qb in the right system..
marko

Orlando, FL

#19 Mar 2, 2009
tebo has the leadership skills! the smarts! the heart,hunger,and work ethic to make it! tebo has a great attitude! to many positives in tebos favor! he is tuff as ever!
marko

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 2, 2009
he was the best qb in college! he led his team to a national championship! he would not let them loose!
marko

Orlando, FL

#21 Mar 2, 2009
the miami dolphins brought a trend into the nfl,and tebo running the ball in the wild cat would be so fun to watch...wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maurice Jones-Drew Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders: Should they pursue Trent Richa... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Oakland Raiders Likely Not Bringing Darren McFa... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Farts 8
News NFL players like 49ers' Gore swear by muscle ac... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Activation Required 1
News Oakland Raiders could sign Ndamukong Suh or tra... (Jan '15) Jan '15 USMC Farts 2
News Raiders players host breast cancer patients for... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Breast Awareness ... 3
News Darren McFadden brings Oakland Raiders ground g... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 2
News Pro Football Talk: Raiders still worst team in NFL (Jul '14) Jul '14 RaiderFaith 3
More from around the web