Blanked in Pro Bowl? Lance Briggs may be Bears' only hope

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The last time the Bears didn't have a representative in the Pro Bowl was the 1999 game, and that was the fifth straight year the team failed to send anybody to Honolulu.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2008
Da Bearss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Are you telling me Robbie "Good As" Gould doesn't have a shot? If he doesn't, then the selection process needs a total revamp!
new trier grad 03

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Briggs should be lock. Alex Brown a back-up. hopefully kreutz does not get in this year and neither does urlacher
Scott

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Why won't the Bears attempt to bring in a dominant playmaker like Ocho Cinco or TJ Houshmansjhsjhs? You know Ocho Cinco is talented, but has some drama. But wouldn't a guy like him thrive in a situation where he is being brought in to the the "guy"?

Why not take a chance on something like this? He is entertaining and amazingly talented..
Jake

Erie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

new trier grad 03 wrote:
Briggs should be lock. Alex Brown a back-up. hopefully kreutz does not get in this year and neither does urlacher
It's nice to see I'm not the only one that thinks AB's name should be in the mix. I also think Charles Tillman should be talked about.
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think Charles Tillman should be talked about.

He is !..... Quite regularly !

daniel

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

forte?? as a 3rd RB behind portis and AP
Bear Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I have to agree, Briggs has been our most consistent player. My faith in the defense has been maintained by keeping Briggs out on the field. Let Briggs lead our defense!

It has become painfully obvious that Urlacher is at the end of his career (such as it was) and that the Pro Bowl shouldn't even be an option anymore. I'm so glad the Bears signed him to an extension! Isn't it comforting to know that we have a couple more years of declining play, stupid comments and hearing about legal wrangling with his gold-digging stripper baby momma? I'm so excited!!!
Fundman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

David

Matt Forte is averaging more than 100 total yards per game and has 11 TD's. He has more total yards than Michael Turner......
Bears Lament

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Mr. Haugh has hit the nail on the head. Maybe he should have mentioned Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson in the article, so the impact Jerry A. has had on the Bears the last 4 seasons could be properly spelled out. We could have drafted a first class receiver instead of Cedric. Why do the Bears continue to insist that having a class receiver is not a priority? I don't get it.
FW Bears Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Because the Bears are a "running team". A high powered passing game is beyond the realm of understanding for anyone in Halas hall or the front office. They still think Papa Bear is running the show. Besides Angelo wouldn't know what a good quarterback looked like if he tripped over one. Remember his company line, "We have two good quarterbacks". You be the judge.
Bleed Cubbie blue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Why do people still care about the Pro Bowl? It's just a popularity contest, nothing more. People don't care about who has been better; they simply vote for the big names. The Pro Bowl is a joke, and until the fans either vote based upon merit, or fan voting is eliminated entirely, it will remain a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matt Toeaina Discussions

Search the Matt Toeaina Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Samoa Camp hosts highlight their commitment (Jul '11) Jul '11 ysl replica 1
Bears sign three players (Mar '10) Mar '10 Susan Harris 1
Hester remark gets Bears QB Cutler in trouble (Aug '09) Aug '09 Mark Schlereth 2
Bears coach Lovie Smith still wants Devin Heste... (May '09) May '09 Sage Rosensites 80
5 Chicago Bears who better watch draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 _DiMz_ 43
Bears' Matt Forte limited in 1st half by foot i... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bill 3
Anthony Adams inactive, still part of Bears' fa... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Aussie Hoosier 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••