Last exhibition represents last chance for some Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Try telling defensive end Dan Bazuin or wide receiver Mark Bradley that Thursday night's exhibition finale at Cleveland means nothing.
Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
msk777

Takoma Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

A forthcoming report from the FBI, working in conjunction with the CIA and NSC, stipulates no records of any sort exist that verify the individual Dan Bazuin, and so has determined that he in fact does not exist.
DagoT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Play the starters at least a half -- I say this selfishly - I'll be at the game.
Da Bearss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

The starters on D should have to EARN their way off the field. Make 'em play until they deliver back-to-back three-and-outs.
SC Dave

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I'd watch arena league before flipping the channel as you suggest.
Mike

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Rest the defense? Their last game, they couldn't tackle at all. Those guys need to play. Hester lacking confidence; Not! He got paid, Play! If this team cannot beat the second string starters, this season will be a total loss! Enjoy another season of frustration!!!
Chi-Town Hustler

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

In a lot of ways I like the make up of this team and in other ways it stinks. There are real question marks at RB, OB on Oline. What I thought and still do think is solid defense looked shakey last week. I guess next Sundy night in Indy we will see what holes we really have. I love ya Bears no matter what.
Syed Raza

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

msk777 wrote:
A forthcoming report from the FBI, working in conjunction with the CIA and NSC, stipulates no records of any sort exist that verify the individual Dan Bazuin, and so has determined that he in fact does not exist.
that only means that Jerry Angelo should be nominated for the GM of the century!
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

urgh, don't mention Jones. i still think the bears are idiots for not giving him a 2-3 year contract. organizations rule in terms of contracts nowadays so if that guy does well...he's gone next year cuz of a one year deal. no way he'll sign a measly deal just cuz the bears gave him a chance. lock him up, and if he sucks...you can cut him, no losses. idiots...

and if i remember correctly...Manning has been talented on kickoffs for AWHILE now, its no secret the bears have 2 talented guys that can return. the main problem with Hess is his qb. short dunky dumpoffs all game with Orton? thats like saying hey, Usain Bolt...run the marathon. its totally not his game. open up the field, and he can produce. make him an almost possession type receiver where he has to actually BE a good wideout instead of a guy utilizing his speed and agility...and his talent is all but lost. unless orton is passing for 200 plus(which would be a DRASTIC improvement) every game and WINNING...i expect Hester to get grumpy, REALLY quick into the season. orton better learn to throw the deep ball cuz if not...then those stupid WR screens that 99% of the time don't work are the only orton-hester combo we'll consistently see
SAH

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Wish Obama would have selected Lovie for his VP candidate. Then we could be done with both of them by December 1st.
George

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Because of the risks, I agree that they should rest. But I also think they should play at least 3 series each. Let the offense build some confidence against a less than mediocre defense of the Browns. And let the O-Line build some confidence against a half way decent D-Line of the Browns. (If they play Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams). The bears defense needs to show us something. But I'm confident they will be fine. Other than that, I'd like to see Kevin Smith get somewhere between 10 - 15 carries. I'm really curious about all the cuts they're going to make. I think Garret Wolfe may come up on the short end of the stick. I hope not tho.
dirty bong water

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

i still don't understand the ricky manning jr. dismissal. he had one bad year (as did the entire defense last year). he is a ballhawk back there and now he is gone. they are going to rely on unproven, young db's to play one of the more important on the ball field.

who is making the personnel decisions at hallas hall.

We cowher and fast.
Mac

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Why would I toon in to hear Obama bash America?
Reality Check

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Man, a lot of Obama haters on here. You guys need to get your heads out of your azzes.
Bman

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

SAH wrote:
Wish Obama would have selected Lovie for his VP candidate. Then we could be done with both of them by December 1st.
What is with all the Obama references on a bears topic? You people are really obsessed!
greg maliska

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I'm going to keep on the Mike Hass bandwagon.Give this guy a chance with the limited time the 1st string plays to-night.
I agree with the Lovie-theory about Hass,not one of his boys,etc.Also put Angelo in with him.Angelo would rather cut Hass,than one of his high draft picks or trades-Booker.
One would think with the Bears rep as being cheap,they would keep Hass.But cutting one of the others would actually be more expensive because of the up front money that Angelo has spent on them.
The only possibility for Hass to stay on the team is injury.Either to Haas,or one of the others,that would make a spot for Hass.
Surprised that David Haugh hasn't made a opinion on Hass!
Trier Alum 03

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Hass should start over Booker
Dave

Union, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Bman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is with all the Obama references on a bears topic? You people are really obsessed!
Now we just need to find a way to get religion and sexual orientation into the conversation and we'll have about as much controversy as a "sports" post can handle.
BearsFan54

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Lets play not to get hurt cause you can judge talent that way. This team is going nowhere. Might as well play in the Powder Puff League. Kevin Jones had one decent run cause there was nobody around him and he was hawked, then he did nothing his next 2 carries. The ones who should be worried is Grossman, Booker, Bradley, Manning and McGowan just to name a few. These guys have done nothing to solidify a spot. Im sure Angelo will keep his guys though like the idiot he is!
Arnie

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

neal wrote:
I see the bigots are out in full force. No mention how the repulitards have trashed the Constitution. Just a bunch of Ditto Heads stewing in their own trash.
Definition of bigot:

Anyone who disagrees with neal.
Neil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Neal! You're giving us a bad name. Look up the word bigot in the dictionary, an empty suit doesn't qualify nor does being a White Sox fan or a coach that can't make adjustments. Bring on the Mighty Quinn!!

What's a dittohead?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matt Toeaina Discussions

Search the Matt Toeaina Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Samoa Camp hosts highlight their commitment (Jul '11) Jul '11 ysl replica 1
Bears sign three players (Mar '10) Mar '10 Susan Harris 1
Hester remark gets Bears QB Cutler in trouble (Aug '09) Aug '09 Mark Schlereth 2
Bears coach Lovie Smith still wants Devin Heste... (May '09) May '09 Sage Rosensites 80
5 Chicago Bears who better watch draft (Apr '09) Apr '09 _DiMz_ 43
Blanked in Pro Bowl? Lance Briggs may be Bears'... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bleed Cubbie blue 11
Bears' Matt Forte limited in 1st half by foot i... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Bill 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••