Why not give Vick a chance?

One NFL head coach has not ruled out the possibility of signing former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, who is expected to be released from prison July 20. Full Story
First Prev
of 121
Next Last
Big Mic

Smyrna, TN

#3099 Jul 30, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
probally wont land a gig in the NFL till close to the end of training camp but it would be extremely unlikely it would be a starting spot.
give him time to get in trouble
http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petiti...
southern girl

Hixson, TN

#3100 Jul 30, 2009
scott fire rescue- this is for you. The reason we scream so loudly for the animals is because they are physically unable to speak up for themselves. What part of that do you football freaks not get? They are the voiceless, innocent creatures. We are their voice. I don't care how many heartless asses insult me , I will continue to speak up for animals. When man takes advantage of any creature weaker than himself, i.e. animals, children, the elderly and misfortunate, he is in the wrong PERIOD. I do not think God intended for man to take his creatures and torture, starve and fight them for pleasure or profit. You cannot argue against that statement. He is the antithesis of a celebrity, role model, or even decent human. Boycott vick!!!!!!!!!!
You are kidding

Chicago, IL

#3101 Jul 31, 2009
southern girl wrote:
scott fire rescue- this is for you. The reason we scream so loudly for the animals is because they are physically unable to speak up for themselves. What part of that do you football freaks not get? They are the voiceless, innocent creatures. We are their voice. I don't care how many heartless asses insult me , I will continue to speak up for animals. When man takes advantage of any creature weaker than himself, i.e. animals, children, the elderly and misfortunate, he is in the wrong PERIOD. I do not think God intended for man to take his creatures and torture, starve and fight them for pleasure or profit. You cannot argue against that statement. He is the antithesis of a celebrity, role model, or even decent human. Boycott vick!!!!!!!!!!
your post became pointless cyber junk when you said "god"
Deana

Atlanta, GA

#3102 Jul 31, 2009
southern girl wrote:
Great post home girl!
disgusted

Hixson, TN

#3103 Jul 31, 2009
You are kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
your post became pointless cyber junk when you said "god"
and you becAME pointless when you posted that.
CON-VICK

Hampton, VA

#3105 Aug 7, 2009
When did the CON-vick admit guilt.......after he was backed into a corner and had no other choice.

Who did he blame for his criminal actions when initially confronted........friends and family.

When did the CON-vick find Jesus........right before he was sentenced by the judge in a pitiful attempt to gain leniency.

Michael CON-vick, the scum of society, fought and killed dogs for fun.

What did this piece of trash say in his letter to the judge BEFORE he was sentenced........that he LOVED animals. If you love animals, how can you hang an innocent dog, how can you drown an innocent dog, how can you pick an innocent dog up and slam it against the ground over and over until it is dead, how can you electrocute an innocent dog.

If that is how the CON-vick shows his "love" for animals, I can't even imagine what he could do to an animal he didn't like.

The CON-vick is sick mentally and psychologically. He is also uneducated and immensely ignorant. He is a pariah in a decent society.

In addition to being nothing but a human disease, the CON-vick was a mediocre QB known for, how ironic, his ability to run. And even that ability didn't get him very far in real life.

Society doesn't need scum like the CON-vicks of the world. They are nothing but a disease and source of pollution to decency and goodness.

They had the right idea when they locked him away. The only mistake they made was not throwing away the key.
F--ck Football

Morganville, NJ

#3106 Aug 7, 2009
southern girl wrote:
You go girl!
Mgray

United States

#3108 Aug 8, 2009
F--ck Football wrote:
<quoted text>
You go girl!
hayyy!! boyfriend, i like your name. i would like to be your football so you can f--ck me!! right in my stretched puckered poochute pls hAYYY!!
Markus

Port Clinton, OH

#3109 Aug 9, 2009
Some of you are ridiculous.
Seriously.. you feel because he killed animals he shouldnt be allowed to play football? He got the sentence the judge gave to him, he finished it, and now he should be allowed to do what he wants to do.
He's an asshole but damn.. he's not the only one in the nfl.
Markus

Port Clinton, OH

#3110 Aug 9, 2009
Also, what about brett favre? he hunts? im sure there are lots of hunters in the nfl.

they shouldnt be allowed to play?

Since: Apr 08

Bartlett, IL

#3112 Aug 15, 2009
Eagles.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#3113 Aug 15, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
Eagles.
Right on, Dimz! I don't recall if the Eagles were one of the teams you suggested for Vick, that one caught me off-guard.

Do you think they might use Vick in a role besides backup QB? He MIGHT be one heck of a decent receiver or back, if his legs are what they were at Falcons.

Later, man! Glad you still post on Topix, the Tribune's new system bah-lows!!

Bartlett, IL

#3114 Aug 17, 2009
Otis wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, Dimz! I don't recall if the Eagles were one of the teams you suggested for Vick, that one caught me off-guard.
Do you think they might use Vick in a role besides backup QB? He MIGHT be one heck of a decent receiver or back, if his legs are what they were at Falcons.
Later, man! Glad you still post on Topix, the Tribune's new system bah-lows!!
dude...i would of never guessed in a million years the eagles would sign him...especially with such a tough media and fan base-- its crazy!

McNabb is old and battered...so Vick may become number 1 by default...its so crazy it has not sunk in yet :)

gonna be a drama filled season cant wait!
Nick College Student

Monmouth, OR

#3117 Nov 7, 2009
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot understand why you keep on insisting that MV should play in the NFL and how he can possibly be a "perfect mentor" for the children. In the first place, don't think for one instant that these "children" will not know that he tortured, mutilated and brutalized innocent and helpless animals to death. Michael Vick is now known world wide and everyone on this universe knows what he did to animals. Secondly,how in this world can you compare him to an ex-alcoholic? An ex-alcholic does not hurt anyone but himself, unless he is driving while drunk and kills someone on the road. However, this is not done intentionally as compared to MV's crimes which were premeditated for a SEVEN YEAR PERIOD, not to mention the fact that he enjoyed torturing these animals to death as this was for his pure pleasure and entertainment.Therefore, your comparison to an ex-alcoholic and Vick is moot.
From your posts, you seem to be a reasonable person and yet, your admiration and addiction to this mentally deficient beast is very difficult to understand.He is not NORMAL as no normal person could or would do what he did to animals for personal entertainment. You should know this by now from all the posts you have read on this forum. So what makes you think he will change his life around when he is brain damaged? Even if he gets counselling and pyschiatric care, there is no guaranty that he will ever be cured of his mental illness.
No one wants to admire someone who tortures innocent and helpless animals to death.This is totally unacceptable, unforgivable and certainly and unforgotten.
-in your unevolving mind. What about a man who did horrible things, but now sees how wrong he was a wants to help others avoid the same mistakes?! Get over it, and get over yourself. Move on. Go do something with your life besides "humping Vicks leg" (pun intended).

“Everyone needs a hero.I'm mine”

Since: Dec 07

Gibson City, IL

#3118 Nov 7, 2009
Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
-in your unevolving mind. What about a man who did horrible things, but now sees how wrong he was a wants to help others avoid the same mistakes?! Get over it, and get over yourself. Move on. Go do something with your life besides "humping Vicks leg" (pun intended).
They can't. Neither could te Nazi's or McCarthyist's (pun intended).

“Everyone needs a hero.I'm mine”

Since: Dec 07

Gibson City, IL

#3119 Nov 7, 2009
the

Park Ridge, IL

#3120 Nov 10, 2009
let it rest...the PETA fanatics lost, Vick did his time and is in the NFL. There are more important things to worry about--be happy that he committed illegal interestate commerce(which is what uncle sam was truly ticked off about since they made now money) with his dog fighting or else he would of gotten like 30 days in jail or community service or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 121
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Parcells Left Miami Dolphins Because Of St... Nov '14 Walter 35
Cutler sparkles, leads Bears over Falcons Oct '14 VaJayna 2
Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots: Sp... Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
NFL Preseason 2014: Atlanta Falcons vs. Jackson... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Garbageuars 1
Falcons vs Titans TV Schedule, Live Stream, Tim... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
Atlanta Falcons picked for 'Hard Knocks' (Jun '14) Jun '14 Rexfeet 2
Tom Brady is Better Looking than Peyton Manning (Jun '14) Jun '14 Quasi Moto 1
More from around the web