Colts make tenders to 5 players

Colts make tenders to 5 players

There are 22 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Colts make tenders to 5 players. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indianapolis Colts continued to prepare for the start of the NFL's free-agent signing period by issuing tenders to five restricted free agents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What a Joke

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Pay Giordano, Utecht and Fletcher more.
Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 28, 2008
What a Joke wrote:
Pay Giordano, Utecht and Fletcher more.
Read the article...slowly.
Gary

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Feb 28, 2008
Keep Giordano!

White boy has wheels!

Remember when he took that pick the house in the opener against New Orleans?

As soon as he got the ball he was Gonziwells!
Jeremy

Muncie, IN

#4 Feb 28, 2008
Too bad we couldn't have dumped Clark and saved money by keeping Fletcher and Utecht.. instead we're stuck with what would be a below average TE on any other team. Hopefully the Colts draft Marvin Harrison's replacement in the early rounds. Maybe someone who is tall, has great hands, and big hops likes James Hardy?

http://indysportsupdate.blogspot.com
colts suck

Fishers, IN

#5 Feb 28, 2008
send marvin with them....

Since: Jan 08

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Feb 28, 2008
The Colts already have Marvin's replacement. As far as I'm concerned Marvin can retire right now. He showed no heart in the playoffs. Sad when your former #1 gets benched in the playoffs.
Tilted Kilt

Napa, CA

#7 Feb 28, 2008
The Colts have been a playoff team for a decade by managing the draft and free agents to fit the Colts system. Great job. I like what I saw on the field from these guys.
supercolts

Danville, IN

#8 Feb 29, 2008
colts suck wrote:
send marvin with them....
u suck...Keep Giordano and Ried for sure
Jules Rules

Somerville, NJ

#9 Feb 29, 2008
If any of you think that Marvin was 100% at the playoffs, you must be crazy. THe first time he caught the ball, he got hit again at his knees, which were not yet ready for contact, and immediately he either felt something again, or his mind made him reach for his knees, and that is why he fumbled. Marvin simply was not ready. If he heals properly, anyone who is a nay sayer will be eating their words during the season. And, if you consider yourselves a Colts fan, I cannot see the reason for bashing Marvin after all of his productive contributions. He deserves at least one more year to see if he can get his knee right.
Below average tight end? Clark is a great asset to our team because of his versatility. He has the speed to beat LB's, and the size to outbody other coverage units. He presents a mismatch for the other team. Plus, he was one of the main reasons that we were to able have a reasonably successful season last year.
Wayne can be a number one, but one of the reasons that the colts were so good is because they had talent on both sides. If you were to get rid of one or the other, our offense will not be nearly as successful.
I agree with whoever called Hardy. I do not think that Marvin is ready to go yet, but someone with speed and size combined with Payton's accuracy ='s good game.
I also wouldn't mind finding someone who loves to play smashmouth football from a RB or FB position, to alternate with Addai, or perhaps the pick-wonders cousin Cro.

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 1, 2008
I think Gonzalez proved in the playoffs that he's ready to step up and be the new #2. Wayne of course being the new #1. Gonzalez brought heart to a playoff game. That is something in my opinion that has really lacked in Marvin's career. That play on the sidelines with staying in bounds and going the distance was one of the great plays in Indianapolis Colts playoff history.

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 1, 2008
Dan In Indy wrote:
I think Gonzalez proved in the playoffs that he's ready to step up and be the new #2. Wayne of course being the new #1. Gonzalez brought heart to a playoff game. That is something in my opinion that has really lacked in Marvin's career. That play on the sidelines with staying in bounds and going the distance was one of the great plays in Indianapolis Colts playoff history.
Marvin? no heart??? Dude, we obviously were NOT watching the same games. You CANNOT have a career like Marvin's and consistently put up the numbers that he has if you don't play with heart. No one that just goes through the motions and phones it in CAN EVER put up the numbers that guy has. You poll the guys that he plays with and against, the coaches too,(people that actually know what they are talking about) and see if they reach the same conclusion that you do.

The guy may be quiet and withdrawn, but that is just him and it doesn't mean a damn thing. I'm not sure what you are looking at to come to that conclusion, but you don't go to the Pro Bowl (especially as many times as he has) playing without heart. You gotta be ALL heart to get that.

I think you should go back and retake sports 101.

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 1, 2008
And if a player expects to continue a career for another couple of seasons or more (and your team wants to keep you) you don't go and play when you know that one solid hit and you are done for good. That ain't the way to go out. And it isn't the way this team treats it's players.

Say a guy goes out and plays for 8 or ten minutes, gets knocked out for the rest of the game and his career. He and the team have basically received the same level of production as him playing for 3 minutes of playfor but have lost the last 2 or more years of his productivity. A very poor trade off and EXTREMELY poor asset management.

You don't play fast and loose with guys that cost that much money. The price tag wasn't as big when teams did a lot of that.
Smitty

Charlestown, IN

#13 Mar 1, 2008
Giordano has to be one of the fastest dudes on the team. Not sure what his time is on the 40, but I bet he's as fast as any of the WRs. The kid has skills, good to see the colts are keeping him around.
D_A_J

Washington, DC

#14 Mar 2, 2008
Those five players deserve to have offers tendered. I'm wondering why Jake Scott is a UFA? He wasn't even tagged as a Restricted FA. Is he in the dog house or do the Colts feel the linemen can do a better job without him? I'm a little baffled.
king colts

Waukegan, IL

#15 Mar 3, 2008
just get a linebacker
texascolt

United States

#16 Mar 3, 2008
whoever thinks that marvin is a has been is truely not a colt fan at heart. marvin set the bar high for all reicivers today.and i hope he comes back stonger so he can prove you guys that are talking trash wrong . you guys just dont appreacheate all his done for the team and for usthe fans and our future colts fans .
Sorgi Fan Club

United States

#17 Mar 3, 2008
Jeremy wrote:
Too bad we couldn't have dumped Clark and saved money by keeping Fletcher and Utecht.. instead we're stuck with what would be a below average TE on any other team. Hopefully the Colts draft Marvin Harrison's replacement in the early rounds. Maybe someone who is tall, has great hands, and big hops likes James Hardy?
http://indysportsupdate.blogspot.com
You have got to be smoking some really bad crack if you think Dallas is below average.
He is one of the best overall TEs in the league.
I like Utecht and Fletcher, but if you put them both together you don't get half of Clark.

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Mar 3, 2008
ColtsFan_Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Marvin? no heart??? Dude, we obviously were NOT watching the same games.
I watch every single Colts game. Marvin is a great regular season receiver. He just doesn't bring it come playoff time. With age now being a factor I wouldn't expect this to change.
Champ

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Mar 3, 2008
Colts still suck. Peyton had a fluke season two years ago and now it's all over. LOSERS
colts rock

Pittsboro, IN

#20 Mar 4, 2008
The colts must SUCK.
How many years have we made the playoffs?
And 12+ wins with Harrison and Clark and Manning?
Let's NOT FORGET THE SUPERBOWL TITLE?
Where were you people. Talk about things you actually know about!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Giordano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Matt Giordano Signs With The St. Louis Rams (Jun '13) Jun '13 The Autumn Wind 1
News Why the Oakland Raiders Must Draft a Pass Rusher (Feb '13) Feb '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 6
News Oakland Raiders Mock Draft: Updated 7-Round Pro... (Jan '13) Jan '13 webb 2
News Oakland Raiders: The Best Free Agent at Every P... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Freddy 21
News Raiders' defense enters Peyton Place (Sep '12) Oct '12 Fresh 21
News Early Projections for the Oakland Raiders' Fina... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Greatest Moments: 1976 AFC Championship (Dec '11) Dec '11 Wad Gums 2
More from around the web