Patriots may need help from rivals to get to playoffs

Dec 27, 2008 Read more: Berkshire Eagle 8
The Patriots success this season without Tom Brady has been a surprise. Here's another one: they actually may root for the Jets on Sunday despite a history of bad blood between the teams. Read more
SteelRob

Livonia, MI

#1 Dec 27, 2008
What an accomplishment for the Pats, possibly going 11-5 without Brady. I do not like them but I sure do respect what they've done.
KKKJ

Troy, NY

#2 Dec 27, 2008
Patriots are a very good team even without Tom Brady. Only thing the need is to step up on defense
Losers

AOL

#3 Dec 28, 2008
11-5 losers. 11-5 same as 0-16 (Lions). Both sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV.

Nice accomplishment.
Joe

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Dec 28, 2008
I agree with Losers! Heehee. The Pats lost to just about every good team that they played and got MURDERED by the good teams. How did they go 18-1 and play such a cupcake schedule? I think Bill Bellyache learned how hard it is to win games without videotaping the opposing team practicing.
Bill B

Amherst, MA

#5 Dec 28, 2008
Pats are and will continue to be a darn good team.Anyone with the slightest amount of pro football knowledge would know that.11-5 is a good record without Brady.To say they had a cake schedule I HARDLY THINK SO.They gave it there all ,and at the end of the day that is all you can do.They will be a strong,competive team for years to come.
SAL

Simpsonville, SC

#6 Dec 29, 2008
don't worry-- be happy-- Patriots are fine--
Joe

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2008
Bill B wrote:
Pats are and will continue to be a darn good team.Anyone with the slightest amount of pro football knowledge would know that.11-5 is a good record without Brady.To say they had a cake schedule I HARDLY THINK SO.They gave it there all ,and at the end of the day that is all you can do.They will be a strong,competive team for years to come.
Really??? No cupckae schedule huh? They did not beat a team with a winning record at any point during the season! Furthermore, they lost to the good teams with winning records (Indy, Pittsburgh, SD, and NYJ) when they played them! Why the hell were the Patriots allowed to play the Chiefs, 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, and Rams? Between them, they have like 10 wins!!! Those were the teams the Patriots beat, not the Colts or Steelers! They even lost at home to the lousy Jets!!! Please save it. The Pats are frauds!!!
Ghetto drama

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2008
Yeah baby I love it when it's close and I'm on the edge of my seat. I don't even bother watching games with huge point gaps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
News Packers' Next Opponent: Minnesota Vikings (Oct '14) Oct '14 The Facts 24
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
More from around the web