Patriots' Welker sidelined

Patriots' Welker sidelined

There are 23 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Patriots' Welker sidelined. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker did not return Sunday after being leveled late in the third quarter by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GMAN

New York, NY

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Vicious hit!! Part of the game? Maybe. Unnecessary?
YES!! Hope he gets fined and suspended! We will see
the Steelers again! Yes, I'm a Pats fan!
cat lover

Newington, CT

#2 Dec 1, 2008
that was a cheep shot if i ever saw one.He should get fined and suspended for the rest of the season.

“Obama lied and freedom died!”

Since: Sep 07

Warren, Ohio

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Whaaa, boo-hoo!

If the ball had not been tipped he would have got there at the same time, then it would have been the defender separating the ball from the receiver.

Hey GMAN, you'll see us again? Maybe next year, the Cheatriots are done this year.

This is what happens when you take away Bellicheats video tape.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#4 Dec 1, 2008
GMAN wrote:
Unnecessary? This is football you panty-waste. Maybe the patriots should wear skirts and change their name to the patty-cakes. lol. If you don't like the hitting go watch golf. Punk.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#5 Dec 1, 2008
cat lover wrote:
that was a cheep shot if i ever saw one.He should get fined and suspended for the rest of the season.
You want to run routes across the middle against the Steelers? You're gonna get smacked down b!tch. Too bad Moss didn't run a few into no-mans-land. lol! You play afc north teams you're gonna get some injuries. That's how things roll in this division. Why do you think the browns and the bengals are so beat up all the time? They have to play the Steelers and the Ravens twice per year.

LET'S GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!
Hosed by the system

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2008
I am a Pat's fan.........watched the game and saw the "hit"...... did Wes get hammered....HELL YEA...."vicious"?? maybe...maybe not.....I really think who hit him was in the act of doing his "job"........ I DO hope Welker recovers and not a whole lot of nothing gets leveled at the guy who hit him........football is a rough sport.....
Jen

North Billerica, MA

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Im a Pats fan, but come on, its football. It may have been a cheap shot but thats the game!
Mike

North Hollywood, CA

#8 Dec 1, 2008
jinx-ur-team wrote:
Whaaa, boo-hoo!
If the ball had not been tipped he would have got there at the same time, then it would have been the defender separating the ball from the receiver.
Hey GMAN, you'll see us again? Maybe next year, the Cheatriots are done this year.
No thats what happens when you lose one of the best QB's in the league to injury.
No respect

Magnolia, NJ

#9 Dec 1, 2008
This is a game where 1 second makes all the difference. The tipping of the ball only adds to the fact that it was easy to misjudge the ball arrival and the hit. You can't have these guys 2nd-guessing whether to hit b/c pansy fans want him suspended for the rest of the season for a hit.

I'm glad Welker got up and seems okay.
back2back

Fullerton, CA

#10 Dec 1, 2008
jinx-ur-team wrote:
Whaaa, boo-hoo!
Here you go where? LOL! As far as I'm concerned, if you dont win the Big game your in the same category as the team who didnt even make the playoffs....Now, do you really think the cheesy Steelers and Ben Worthlessburger are gonna bring home the trophy? LOL! Not even if your team Doc supplies you guys with HGH like they did against the SeaFlops in the Superbowl.You guys celebrate like you accomplished a tremendous feat. Beat an injury ridden Patriots with a Qb with fresh pimples on his face....Whoo-Hoo!
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#11 Dec 1, 2008
poor wittle wes, WHAP LMAO that was so funny
sports fan

South Windsor, CT

#12 Dec 1, 2008
Now I remember why I don't bring my kids to games. You "fan"atics are a bunch of aholes. Did you get cut from your high school team?? serious issues.
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#13 Dec 1, 2008
sports fan wrote:
Now I remember why I don't bring my kids to games. You "fan"atics are a bunch of aholes. Did you get cut from your high school team?? serious issues.
are your kids figure skaters? its football a CONTACT sport he lived big deal nancy
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#15 Dec 1, 2008
cat lover wrote:
we should suspend the patriots for a year for being CHEATERS!!! hows that sound nancy?
JBT99

AOL

#16 Dec 1, 2008
Completely legal hit...ball was tipped....its open season. He had it coming for having his head down anyways. About time the little bugger got laid out...

Since: Nov 08

Milford,Ct

#17 Dec 1, 2008
If anyone thinks the Steelers are going anywhere your probably drinking too much suds.Giants are the team to beat!
nflpansyleague

Chester, CT

#18 Dec 2, 2008
this is FOOTBALL!!!! hard hits are going to come. it was a totally legal hit. bad judgement by the ref to pentalize Clark on the hit. watch the replay, Clark is gettin into position to hit Welker before the tip. Its Clark's job to hit make sure Welker doesnt catch the ball. If the ball wasnt tipped there would be no discussion on if it was an unnecessary hit or not. The NFL has become so watered down lately that its taking away from the physical aspect of the game. You wear pads for a reason. Now take a hit like a professional football player should. That goes for quarterbacks too.
if you seriously think that was a cheap shot, you know crap about football.
Slick McSteel

Slippery Rock, PA

#19 Dec 2, 2008
back2back wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go where? LOL! As far as I'm concerned, if you dont win the Big game your in the same category as the team who didnt even make the playoffs....Now, do you really think the cheesy Steelers and Ben Worthlessburger are gonna bring home the trophy? LOL! Not even if your team Doc supplies you guys with HGH like they did against the SeaFlops in the Superbowl.You guys celebrate like you accomplished a tremendous feat. Beat an injury ridden Patriots with a Qb with fresh pimples on his face....Whoo-Hoo!
Hey Buddy, last I checked the Steelers did "bring home the trophy" on february 5th, 2006. That was almost 3 years ago and many of the same players are still on the same. This year is looking to be a good one. The defense this year is better than the SB defense. The offense is better at passing but not as good at running. We miss Bettis and Faneca and Hartings. The new line is starting to gel and with our #1 ranked defense, the Steelers are the team to beat in the AFC.
immaculate reception

New Haven, CT

#20 Dec 2, 2008
GMAN wrote:
Stop crying pats fans. Did you forget last week when one of your players started roid raging on the field and punching a man with no helmet on. You forgot didn't you. It's professional football and this just isn't your year. Watch the Celtics.
Fut Bo Bro

Bethany, CT

#21 Dec 2, 2008
Ya can take the bunnies out of the jungle, but ya can't take the jungle out of the bunnies. What do you expect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Jerry Jones thinks Romo has 4-5 years left (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
More from around the web