Like it or not, Patriots likely to finish unbeaten

Dec 11, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sun-Journal

“We were going up and down the field, but they scored touchdowns and we didn't”

The members of the 1972 Miami Dolphins aren't going to be uncorking any champagne during this regular season. via Sun-Journal

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
mwgfret
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

I certainly hope so, maybe it will shut up the dolphins fans. One does get tired of hearing them brag about beating a bunch of bad teams.
die-hard pats fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

They certainly deserve to brag after the season they've had. Tom Brady and company has become lethal with their new additions this year. I also hope when it becomes playoff time they beat the Colts, unlike last year

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

i think the Giants/Pats game is going to be interesting. The Giants might have a chance.

Since: Dec 06

Georgetown, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Judged:

I think it would be so sweet to see the Pats go undefeated in the regular season, only to lose in the playoffs!
Magic_Puzzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

If the Pats go 16-0 they deserve a lot of credit. The fact that it has been 35 years since such a feat clearly tells the story of how difficult that it is to win every game. With the division they are in so weak it would be hard to evaluate them on that, but the fact is they have played all of the best teams (with the exception of Green Bay) in the league and came away perfect. Still, I think that the playoffs will be interesting. The pressure will still be on to remain perfect all of the way through the Super Bowl. Anything less would be a disappointment. Without winning SB XLII their perfect season will be ruined.
Edward D

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Judged:

You have to give the Pats credit. They are 13-0. They don`t talk trash about upcoming opponents, nor do they talk trash after each game. They just focus on the next game. With this type of discipline, it shows the true make-up of this team. Sure, they had a few close calls, but a win is a win, and I don`t think it`s from taking a team too lightly. Every team they face is gunning for them just to be the spoiler. Now, if only these teams had this "drive" all year, they might have more wins in their columns. Bill Belicheck has to be one the most composed coaches ever. The Pat`s could have a near perfect game, and he`ll still find room for improvement. It keeps the players on their toes, and off the proverbial "pedastal". I think this year`s team they have ammassed is one of the best i`ve seen, including the past 3 Super Bowl winners. They have so many weapons and players willing to do what ever it takes to win. I don`t see anyone beating them. The only game I`m worried about in the playoffs would be if they play Green Bay. They are the only 2 viable teams out there. I would personally like to see this match-up for the Super Bowl just to get back at Bret Favre for beating us the last time we faced them in the post season which was over 20 years ago. I`m glad they clinched the bye in the playoffs. It gives them time to regroup after such a weird schedule, ie: night games, game start times adjusted midweek,etc. Plus it give a few players a little more time to mend after playing so many physical games. The New England Patriots...the team you hate to love, but you have to love them. Give them their props. They deserve it. You`d think all the other teams would learn their lesson about talking smack before playing them. Talk smack after beating them. GO PATS!!!!!
Tee

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Judged:

The Patriots CHEAT they can't win unless they cheat.
Tee

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

GO STEELERS...............
patsfan111111

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Judged:

DeepBall wrote:
i think the Giants/Pats game is going to be interesting. The Giants might have a chance.
they will most likely be sitting their starters and then we will have to hear the haters talk about "if the giants actually played they would have won so the pats arent really undefeated." if tom coughlin is a real coach he will not be concerned with stopping a team from going undefeated, he will be concerned with resting his players for their playoff run.
thats what a real team would do if they have already solidified a playoff spot. how is it going to look if the giants play their starters the whole game and beat the pats and then go into the playoffs and lose in the first round because they are tired? or worse if they play their starters the whole game and lose, then they are tired the next week anyway. either way i expect the giants to sit their starters if they have a spot locked up. if not then maybe it will be a game.
patsfan111111

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Magic_Puzzle wrote:
If the Pats go 16-0 they deserve a lot of credit. The fact that it has been 35 years since such a feat clearly tells the story of how difficult that it is to win every game. With the division they are in so weak it would be hard to evaluate them on that, but the fact is they have played all of the best teams (with the exception of Green Bay) in the league and came away perfect. Still, I think that the playoffs will be interesting. The pressure will still be on to remain perfect all of the way through the Super Bowl. Anything less would be a disappointment. Without winning SB XLII their perfect season will be ruined.
true but they have been in the playoffs so much that the pressure is something they are used to. they have played all year like a loss would have them on the couch until next year so i dont think that will be an issue. they have already beat the three teams that will actually give them a run in any playoff game and all their games will be home. i really dont see them cracking once the playoffs start.
patsfan111111

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Judged:

Edward D wrote:
You have to give the Pats credit. They are 13-0. They don`t talk trash about upcoming opponents, nor do they talk trash after each game. They just focus on the next game. With this type of discipline, it shows the true make-up of this team. Sure, they had a few close calls, but a win is a win, and I don`t think it`s from taking a team too lightly. Every team they face is gunning for them just to be the spoiler. Now, if only these teams had this "drive" all year, they might have more wins in their columns. Bill Belicheck has to be one the most composed coaches ever. The Pat`s could have a near perfect game, and he`ll still find room for improvement. It keeps the players on their toes, and off the proverbial "pedastal". I think this year`s team they have ammassed is one of the best i`ve seen, including the past 3 Super Bowl winners. They have so many weapons and players willing to do what ever it takes to win. I don`t see anyone beating them. The only game I`m worried about in the playoffs would be if they play Green Bay. They are the only 2 viable teams out there. I would personally like to see this match-up for the Super Bowl just to get back at Bret Favre for beating us the last time we faced them in the post season which was over 20 years ago. I`m glad they clinched the bye in the playoffs. It gives them time to regroup after such a weird schedule, ie: night games, game start times adjusted midweek,etc. Plus it give a few players a little more time to mend after playing so many physical games. The New England Patriots...the team you hate to love, but you have to love them. Give them their props. They deserve it. You`d think all the other teams would learn their lesson about talking smack before playing them. Talk smack after beating them. GO PATS!!!!!
nice points but it was 11 years ago in 96 that favre beat the pats. i know he is old but he isnt that old.
Pats Dominate AFC East

Tarzana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

die-hard pats fan wrote:
Tom Brady and company has become lethal with their new additions this year.
:)
KRYPTOFIN

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Pats are cheats pay refs and hope they beat the jets other than that it will be like every year phins bear you figure out your spying sheme feed pats bunch of bulls- at one of the practices,then woop your patsy ---.Dolphins always fig ouy patsy game and beat them with most top starters we have out.Patsys dont run thier mouth to busy trying to be quiet at other teams practice facilitys. Go Phins

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Judged:

KRYPTOFIN wrote:
Pats are cheats pay refs and hope they beat the jets other than that it will be like every year phins bear you figure out your spying sheme feed pats bunch of bulls- at one of the practices,then woop your patsy ---.Dolphins always fig ouy patsy game and beat them with most top starters we have out.Patsys dont run thier mouth to busy trying to be quiet at other teams practice facilitys. Go Phins
By reading your post That KRYPTOFIN sounds like some powerful stuff, do you smoke it or use it like you would an enema?
KRYPTOFIN

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Judged:

Come on DUDE
as you put it.You know you like to slurp chirp andBURP it,YA purple belly QUEEN-Quit tailin me and I`LL give you more krypto you FIEND.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

KRYPTOFIN wrote:
Come on DUDE
as you put it.You know you like to slurp chirp andBURP it,YA purple belly QUEEN-Quit tailin me and I`LL give you more krypto you FIEND.
You drew first blood , I did not start this correspondence you did by tellin' me I was out of my rapid mind, whatever that means , I get the feelin' you could put a lens up to each of your ears and it would make a perfect telescope.
KRYPTOFIN

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

You get the feelin alright the problem is where,topix doesnt want me to go there.Phin arent practice for the viking.You were the Dip that feel in the sh-it.So either your young and dumb and full of iit or just like favre Impodent,like the rest of you Erie F-ries that cant get it ..Phins ^^^^.This will be the last time I ReeFer to youin a discussion, Just like your mom in the back ground on the Kryptofin huffin in puffin!Sorry to hit so low but you come backs are really really slowww..Do you know what that means?????
Brady Rules

Tarzana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

die-hard pats fan wrote:
They certainly deserve to brag
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••