Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders playoff berth

Dec 9, 2010 Full story: Raiders Post 15

With the announcement yesterday that Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel underwent emergency appendectomy surgery yesterday, that news could open up the possibility of the Oakland Raiders winning the AFC West and gaining a playoff berth.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Dec 10, 2010
This is the main game that I'm worried about because Jax has been playing good ball. I think that if we can keep up good work and as long as the good Raiders show up we should have a chance. I just hope KC loses a couple of games so that we can gain ground on them, but at the same time we have to JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!
RaiderFaith

Cary, NC

#2 Dec 10, 2010
I kind of hope KC wins this weekend...I would like to see SD get knocked out...then KC lose out. and Raiders win out. That would be ideal.
TexasRaider wrote:
This is the main game that I'm worried about because Jax has been playing good ball. I think that if we can keep up good work and as long as the good Raiders show up we should have a chance. I just hope KC loses a couple of games so that we can gain ground on them, but at the same time we have to JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#3 Dec 10, 2010
RaiderFaith wrote:
I kind of hope KC wins this weekend...I would like to see SD get knocked out...then KC lose out. and Raiders win out. That would be ideal. <quoted text>
(LOL) i was just about to say that but in reality we have to have kc lose. i don't want to see san diego gain control either because i really feel that they still have it. the thing here is we beat chargers twice and kc once. we have the edge here all around in the afc west other than a better record. beating s.d. last sunday did us a whole lot of good but at the same time we are still hanging on by a string. we have to beat jacksonville and san diego has to beat kc for our bennefit! kc ruined their chance for sunday. san diego is still playing too good! IF , chargers win, it's no big deal to us. we can take care of them too easy!
im bragging, i have a right to say that! i'll say it again,
TOO EASY!(LOL)
GO RAIDERS!!! just win and the rest will fix it's self!
i can just picture (al davis) saying with a big smile, "JUST WIN BABY"!
GO RAIDERS!!!

Some West Texas County

#4 Dec 11, 2010
The main thing that needs to happen is we need to win out. Playoffs or not, I'll be happy to finish with a winning record. I'll be satisfied at .500 too. It would be nice to sweep our division while we're at it, but even if we only win one more game this year, then at least we will have eliminated the double digit losses. The only game left on our schedule that I'm confident about winning is Denver, but I believe we can win out as long as the good Raiders show up.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Dec 11, 2010
Go RAIDERS Go.......Just Win, BABY......
Raiderfaith

Raleigh, NC

#6 Dec 11, 2010
You kind of said it....If the Raiders that have been dominant in wins this year show up...I am not sure there is a team we can't beat. Consistency has been the problem and pressure got to us after the bye week...I just hope we can walk with a big stick.
TexasRaider wrote:
The main thing that needs to happen is we need to win out. Playoffs or not, I'll be happy to finish with a winning record. I'll be satisfied at .500 too. It would be nice to sweep our division while we're at it, but even if we only win one more game this year, then at least we will have eliminated the double digit losses. The only game left on our schedule that I'm confident about winning is Denver, but I believe we can win out as long as the good Raiders show up.
LOL

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Jags closing the door!!!! roflmao!!!!

Just lose, BABY....

Some West Texas County

#8 Dec 12, 2010
LOL wrote:
Jags closing the door!!!! roflmao!!!!
Just lose, BABY....
Season ain't over yet...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Dec 12, 2010
Showed no heart at the end....Jones-Drew went 40 yards, without a hand on him.....sickening.....
RaiderFaith

Raleigh, NC

#10 Dec 12, 2010
I disagree they showed plenty of heart by not giving up ...the Jags from second quarter on seemed to play better than us...we just kept trying...they had an impressive run attack against us...2 of them for over 100 yards..and we fought til the end. It's good KC is losing...keeps us in the hunt...all we need is SD to lose one...and us win out and we still have a shot.
Go Blue wrote:
Showed no heart at the end....Jones-Drew went 40 yards, without a hand on him.....sickening.....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 12, 2010
Once upon a time Charlie "Frat Bastard" Weis was the smartest person on the planet. Now FBW is a struggling OC in the NFL.

Chargers skunk Chiefs 31-0
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Dec 12, 2010
RaiderFaith wrote:
I disagree they showed plenty of heart by not giving up ...the Jags from second quarter on seemed to play better than us...we just kept trying...they had an impressive run attack against us...2 of them for over 100 yards..and we fought til the end. It's good KC is losing...keeps us in the hunt...all we need is SD to lose one...and us win out and we still have a shot. <quoted text>
A Shot? A shot at what? A shot at being the team, the Patriots tune up on, before they take on the Ravens or Steelers, for a ride to the show? C'mon, this is an improvement over mediocraty, that's all....the west is a joke, AFC and NFC.....I'm gonna have to start talking about Al selling the team, again.....

Some West Texas County

#13 Dec 12, 2010
RaiderFaith wrote:
I disagree they showed plenty of heart by not giving up ...the Jags from second quarter on seemed to play better than us...we just kept trying...they had an impressive run attack against us...2 of them for over 100 yards..and we fought til the end. It's good KC is losing...keeps us in the hunt...all we need is SD to lose one...and us win out and we still have a shot. <quoted text>
We made a lot of big plays. They made a lot of big plays. We just made some stupid mistakes at the end that turned the tide. I don't think the officiating was done very well either, but they did give us some breaks as well. It ticks me off that we had to waste a challenge because they didn't see the Branch-Mitchell INT because we really could've used it on one Jax TD where the receiver only got 1 foot in bounds. It wasn't a bad idea to challenge the run by Jennings because that looked a little iffy, but it didn't go our way.
RaiderFaith

Raleigh, NC

#14 Dec 12, 2010
A shot at the playoffs...I am under no misguidance that we have a playoff run in us...but we still have a shot at making the playoffs...and you need to get a grip!!!! Al selling the team again??? WTF? AL shouldn't have ever sold the team. We are starting to turn a corner...we are about 2 seasons from a SB run...They are playing like a team. Something we hadn't seen in awhile. But all these lame a$$ bandwagon fans that are wanting to give up because of a rough stint have no place in Raider Nation. For the first time in ears we are playing FOOTBALL instead of just getting to the field and get rolled...every game we have a legit shot at winning. Because we aren't "There" yet...we aren't going to have a 10 win season...but...we are getting closer...and if we can keep the steam going next year and the year after we have a shot at an SB run...I personally hope Al brings us another SB. I Thank him for this year...for getting us the personnel and players to have taken the strides we have this year...and we have taken strides. Let's hear it for AL DAVIS and the RAIDERS!!!!
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> A Shot? A shot at what? A shot at being the team, the Patriots tune up on, before they take on the Ravens or Steelers, for a ride to the show? C'mon, this is an improvement over mediocraty, that's all....the west is a joke, AFC and NFC.....I'm gonna have to start talking about Al selling the team, again.....

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#15 Dec 13, 2010
Go Blue wrote:
at the end when we were tied 31-31 i wouldn't doubt that the RAIDERS let him run to the endzone practically untouched! RAIDERS needed the extra time to get down field with what 1:42 left? or something like that? had the RAIDERS really had been trying to stop him they would have eaten up the clock and kicked to win the game. it's a chance "i think" the coaches took and tried to have enough time to get back and score as well to go into O.T. so, i love what the coaches did there "if" that was the case. it almost very looked like it was done at purpose. but to no avail, it was just poor management of the clock at the end. never the less we scored high points. they scored high points. it was a great game and the jags won. hats off to them. this game could have gone either way. we did it all but play some trickery plays like last week, which could have probably won the game. time to move on. three more to go. we're still playing good. we have just as good of a chance in the last three games. RAIDERS, will come out on top!
GO RAIDERRS!!!! JUST TIGHTEN UP SOME SCREWS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... Nov 27 Larry 6
Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
Packers' Next Opponent: Minnesota Vikings Oct '14 The Facts 24
Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... Oct '14 Ian 2
Rodgers, Green Bay hammer Vikings Oct '14 GBPmies 11
Vikings' Bridgewater resting, but not Zimmer Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater will try to buck h... Sep '14 Brad 7
More from around the web