St. Louis Rams chasing Minnesota Viki...

St. Louis Rams chasing Minnesota Vikings' Leslie Frazier; Denve...

There are 48 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 11, 2009, titled St. Louis Rams chasing Minnesota Vikings' Leslie Frazier; Denve.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings coach Brad Childress might need to dust off his short list of coordinator candidates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
purplehaze

Canada

#1 Jan 11, 2009
St. Louis Rams chasing Minnesota Vikings' Brad Childress;...this would've been a much better headline...it is to dream!
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 12, 2009
Geez...it's a football game, not life.

Ease up on the Childress stuff. The Vikings played hard every game and when they get their Quarterback (whoever that will be) up to NFL standards, they'll be fine.
Danny

United States

#4 Jan 12, 2009
The Vikes will miss the mark again by keeping Childress while allowing their defensive coordinator to walk....As long as Childress and his massive ego remain, does it really matter who plays QB?? This team has got it a**-backwards....
MDVikefan

Duluth, GA

#5 Jan 12, 2009
xHP ni naD wrote:
yea and he'' promtly turn a s**t team into a winner. look at what coach wis has done with these stinking dirtbag s**t eating cardinals. you see whats happening up in pittsberg and we're stuck with f**king Klink. think god i live in Phoenix where i'm out of gun shot range of winter park. Wilf DEAD Klink DEAD Neadermyer DEAD. it just fills me with rage seeing these low life cards fans and the Bidwell family having all this to cheer about while we have ZERO HOPE of ever winning a playoff game with Klink and Wilf
Wilf has only put out the money to fill holes that the Vikings needed to fill unlike MCCombs before him. Not sure what your beef is with Wilf. As for Childress, its rare that a coach can turnaround a team in a few years. What happened in Miami and Atlanta this year is not the norm. This year we are inthe playoffs due to a large part to the players Childress wanted in and the money Wilf provided to get them. We are not that far off. We do however need help on the offensive play calling and a quarterback that can play consistently.
Tavaris Jackson

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2009
J. Delhomme 17 34 205 50.0 6.0 2 11 1 5 39.1

E. Manning 15 29 169 51.7 5.8 0 0 0 2 40.7

Anyone dissing, Tavaris Jackson needs to look at Delhomme's numbers vs. Arizona, as well as, Eil Manning's numbers vs. Philly (who beat Min the prev week). Clearly, Jackson is a viable option at QB. I think its apparent though, that Brad Childress is not a viable option at Head Coach. Decent coaching and Jackson could do well. Plus, what kind of person/coach alienates his starting and back up quarterback in the same year and still claims to be a quarterback guru? Zigy Zogy Zigy Zogy Oi Oi Oi.
buddy grant

Mississauga, Canada

#7 Jan 12, 2009
MDVikefan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilf has only put out the money to fill holes that the Vikings needed to fill unlike MCCombs before him. Not sure what your beef is with Wilf. As for Childress, its rare that a coach can turnaround a team in a few years. What happened in Miami and Atlanta this year is not the norm. This year we are inthe playoffs due to a large part to the players Childress wanted in and the money Wilf provided to get them. We are not that far off. We do however need help on the offensive play calling and a quarterback that can play consistently.
Add Baltimore to the list of turnarounds. They added Flacco and with the right coach became a winner. Just think how well we could do with a Flacco and Harbaugh combination.
DCVikingFan

Bethesda, MD

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Lets see: During Denny Greenís tenure two of his coordinators became head coaches that won the Super Bowl. One of Childressís coordinators has his team in the AFC Championship game in position for a Super Bowl appearance and now he is about to lose another coordinator to a head coaching job. I think I see a strategy for the Vikings to get a Super Bowl win: Hire a coach just long enough for him to assemble a staff. Then fire the head coach and immediately replace him with the Defensive coordinator.
Ricky

Omaha, NE

#10 Jan 12, 2009
There is no doubt that the opportunity for going to the next level is in the offensive play calling arena. We are a very talented team, and childress is a good leader, and coach. but he needs to improve in his ability to liven things up. I truly think that T-Jack IS our star qb of the future. we need some improved recievers, and greatly improved play calling, and clock management. we need a possession reciever, Housmandesheh? spell check, and to be honest, I appreciate what Frerrote has done, but he needs to admit that he should go into coaching, as he is not getting any younger. do not go after any Oklahoma offensive lineman, they were totally outclassed when they played Florida.

I say that Philly will play Baltimore in the Superbowl, and Philly will win. they have the adjustability to coach all phases of the game. Clink needs to learn that or at minimum improve greatly.
all fans remember, we were close in most of our games that we lost, and we had one of the most difficult schedules of any team.

Go Vikes.
timmy jimmy

United States

#11 Jan 12, 2009
what a surprise...someone on the eagles staff for the vikes new defensive coordinator.:|

come on childress, there are other people in the world outside of philly and wisconsin.

he says at the end of the year he evaluates all the players and decides where to get better. how about the same philosophy for your coaching staff??? i don't think bevell should be anything more than a ball boy.
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 12, 2009
Ricky wrote:
I say that Philly will play Baltimore in the Superbowl, and Philly will win.
Baltimore has no (zero) chance of getting past the Steelers.

An Eagle/Steeler final would be a tossup.
Waders

Tucson, AZ

#13 Jan 12, 2009
An all Pennsylvania Superbowl it will be and will have little interest around the rest of the country. The party will be better than the game.
indyfan

Camby, IN

#14 Jan 12, 2009
Headline next year: Childress Bevell and Ferraro fired; No apparent interst from other NFL teams.
Johnny Utah

Hackensack, NJ

#15 Jan 12, 2009
Why is nobody giving the cardinals a chance against Philly? I think they can pull out another upset, and I hope they do. It would be a good story, plus that would be the second straight season that the vikings dismantled a superbowl team on the road (see giants game last year)

Oh well...let frasier go, we'll get another person to be mediocre and underachieve with tremendous talent on the squad.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#16 Jan 12, 2009
Johnny Utah wrote:
Why is nobody giving the cardinals a chance against Philly? I think they can pull out another upset, and I hope they do. It would be a good story, plus that would be the second straight season that the vikings dismantled a superbowl team on the road (see giants game last year)
Oh well...let frasier go, we'll get another person to be mediocre and underachieve with tremendous talent on the squad.
are you speaking of the same person.we are talking anbout leslie frazier not joe frasier, he was a boxer
Danny

United States

#17 Jan 12, 2009
Tavaris Jackson wrote:
J. Delhomme 17 34 205 50.0 6.0 2 11 1 5 39.1
E. Manning 15 29 169 51.7 5.8 0 0 0 2 40.7
Anyone dissing, Tavaris Jackson needs to look at Delhomme's numbers vs. Arizona, as well as, Eil Manning's numbers vs. Philly (who beat Min the prev week). Clearly, Jackson is a viable option at QB. I think its apparent though, that Brad Childress is not a viable option at Head Coach. Decent coaching and Jackson could do well. Plus, what kind of person/coach alienates his starting and back up quarterback in the same year and still claims to be a quarterback guru? Zigy Zogy Zigy Zogy Oi Oi Oi.
You're really cherry-picking your stats here...TJack has had only a handful of quality games as a QB. Beyond the stats, TJack has the look of a player who does not understand his position. He is the greenest of the green and is years away from being a NFL quality QB. Flacco and Ryan showed more improvement in their rookie season than TJack has in his entire career to date. I do agree with you about the poor play calling though. With Peterson, TJack and Berrian, why don't the Vikings run a little of the Wildcat offense???
jeb

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2009
i said at the begining of the playoffs that the cardinals were the only team in it that didn't stand a chance of winning the super bowl. i am not going to say i am favoring them at this point, but if their defense keeps playing as well as they have i would say it is possible.
i, personally, would love to see an all PA superbowl. it would be a great game and i root for the steel curtain when the queens are done every year.
Leo Nomellini

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jan 12, 2009
Johnny Utah wrote:
Why is nobody giving the cardinals a chance against Philly?.....that would be the second straight season that the vikings dismantled a superbowl team on the road
Because the Vikings dismantled the Cards.
So far in the playoffs the Cards squeaked by the Falcons, which had three turnovers, and beat the Panthers, which threw 5 INT's and lost a fumble.
The Eagles are not only going to clobber the Cards, they will beat the Steelers in a rare, exciting final.
My whole life

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2009
It's seemed like this is the Vikings way. Let the good coaches go and they go on to greater success elsewhere.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#24 Jan 12, 2009
im going to say that both of these conference championship games will be good. i will pick the steelers and cardinals in the super bowl.
tcp

Omaha, NE

#25 Jan 12, 2009
hmm that's billick=super bowl, dungy=super bowl, tomlin=likely super bowl. maybe we should fire chili and keep frazier

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Jerry Jones thinks Romo has 4-5 years left (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
More from around the web