Report says Patriots will put franchi...

Report says Patriots will put franchise tag on Cassel, preventi...

There are 42 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 5, 2009, titled Report says Patriots will put franchise tag on Cassel, preventi.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The New England Patriots plan to put the franchise tag on quarterback Matt Cassel, according to a published report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
N-Bomb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jan 5, 2009
Please put the franchise tag on him. Between Brady and him they'd tie up 29 million and severly limit the Pat's ability to field a competitive team. I doubt any team in the NFL would be willing to take on a 14 million contract. My guess is that they'll trade him but also have to throw in 5-10 million to the new team. Either way that 14 million dollar contract counts in full versus the cap. Dunn won't accept anything less than a 5 year contract (5 x 14 =$70 million). I wonder who gets released by the Pats next. Moss, Welker, DT Abrahamson???
rastis

Stuart, FL

#2 Jan 5, 2009
what to do, what to do......
Y not

United States

#3 Jan 5, 2009
My my, what a spot to be in. Two QB's worth their weight in gold. A back-up QB, with back-up RB's, led them to an 11-5 season, and last years MVP. And then there's the dulfins with old noodle arm.
Which dilemma would I rather face? Geez, that's a real tough one, huh?
rastis

Stuart, FL

#4 Jan 6, 2009
Y not wrote:
My my, what a spot to be in. Two QB's worth their weight in gold. A back-up QB, with back-up RB's, led them to an 11-5 season, and last years MVP. And then there's the dulfins with old noodle arm.
And yet they cheat to win...... go 11-5 and lose their division, Kaarma's a biatch-Pats heading for the bilge of the league
omg

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Jan 6, 2009
Dump Brady...He won't make it back. Look at Culpepper!
Y not

United States

#6 Jan 6, 2009
rastis wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet they cheat to win...... go 11-5 and lose their division, Kaarma's a biatch-Pats heading for the bilge of the league
11-5 using bench players, compared to 11-5 using starters, is hardly a bad indicator for NE nor a good one for the dulfins.
Besides, the bilge position belongs to the one-and-done dulfins who were embarrassed by a virtual rookie, Cassel, and a true rookie in the 1st round playoff game.
Keep living in '72, that's all you'll ever have and remember, that was a 14 game schedule under more lax rules both on the field and in the salary department.
Y o Y

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Jan 6, 2009
Y not wrote:
Agree Pats will need Cassel because Brady will never be same

Agree all Pats Rbs are back up material

Agree from 18-Oh! to no playoffs in 08..only gets worse
Bob

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Jan 6, 2009
You dont say...? Knowing New England, they'll make a trade within the division again to Buffalo or NY because they know how to defend him and the rest of us dont. Did NY get a coach yet? RFLMDO...!!
Chads 4 Ints

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 6, 2009
agree, did miami fans get refunds from last weeks "greatest embarrassment in nfl history"?

dolphins a joke
Embarrassment

Fort Myers, FL

#10 Jan 6, 2009
Chads 4 Ints wrote:
agree, did miami fans get refunds from last weeks "greatest embarrassment in nfl history"?
dolphins a joke
Agree watching overhyped teams like Colts, Falcons and Vikings lose in Playoffs is embarrassing

Agree the $2 hooker Chad 4 ints was with last night will not get a refund

Chad 4 ints=lame

agree
mrf

Cambridge, MA

#11 Jan 6, 2009
rastis wrote:
<quoted text>
blah,blah, blah. all we heard from fins fans was ''we are the kings of the east now'',blah,blah,blah,the dolphins SUCK,they couldn't win a playoff game even if they had the other teams playbook,fine looking cheerleaders though! of course minus their store bought ti*s.
Meerfff

Fort Myers, FL

#12 Jan 6, 2009
mrf wrote:
<quoted text>blah,blah, blah. all we heard from fins fans was ''we are the kings of the east now'',blah,blah,blah,the dolphins SUCK,they couldn't win a playoff game even if they had the other teams playbook,fine looking cheerleaders though! of course minus their store bought ti*s.
Agree Fins are kings of east with QB jets didnt want, no name WRs, rookie Head Coach, and loads of rookies

Agree Pats, Bills and Jets all suck more than mrf
mrf

Cambridge, MA

#13 Jan 6, 2009
Meerfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree Fins are kings of east with QB jets didnt want, no name WRs, rookie Head Coach, and loads of rookies
Agree Pats, Bills and Jets all suck more than mrf
the fins couldn't get laid in a womans prison with a handful of pardons. fins fans ''WAKE UP''! brady will be back in 09,you had your little slice of the pizza this year,and what did your team do? they choked on it! step aside ,the bigboys are back in 09,after all this isn't 1972-73,you will have your turn again in about the year 2020, so hang in there!

“Obama lied and freedom died!”

Since: Sep 07

Warren, Ohio

#14 Jan 6, 2009
Just wondering, who do the Cheatriots play next week? Oh yeah, right, my bad! See ya next year Pattycakes.
mrf

Cambridge, MA

#15 Jan 6, 2009
jinx-ur-team wrote:
Just wondering, who do the Cheatriots play next week? Oh yeah, right, my bad! See ya next year Pattycakes.
put your claws back in pussycat,your jealousy is showing!

“It's a whole new season!!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Hagerstown MD

#16 Jan 6, 2009
Embarrassment wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree watching overhyped teams like Colts, Falcons and Vikings lose in Playoffs is embarrassing
Agree the $2 hooker Chad 4 ints was with last night will not get a refund
Chad 4 ints=lame
agree
Nothing short of hilarious!

“It's a whole new season!!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Hagerstown MD

#17 Jan 6, 2009
mrf wrote:
<quoted text>blah,blah, blah. all we heard from fins fans was ''we are the kings of the east now'',blah,blah,blah,the dolphins SUCK,they couldn't win a playoff game even if they had the other teams playbook,fine looking cheerleaders though! of course minus their store bought ti*s.
MRF, alot of them aren't store bought! Trust me!
Patriots fan 4-eva

Berlin, MA

#18 Jan 6, 2009
mrf wrote:
<quoted text>put your claws back in pussycat,your jealousy is showing!
Damn,Still so much hate for the Pats,guess these (Hatriots) will still be trashing my team for ever,They get 11-5,don"t make the play-offs (with a back-up who last game was in H.S.)did a awesome job condsidering who shoes he had to fill and there are teams (9-7)who made the play-offs whatta joke! Anyway,Matt Cassel,has finally made a name for himself,will be making the big bucks,and hopefully will be a starter if not in N.E. somewhere else,but hope he stays in N.E. We WILL wait until net season!
rastis

Stuart, FL

#19 Jan 6, 2009
Chads 4 Ints wrote:
dolphins a joke
Greatest embarrassment in NFL history when years of cheating finally caught up with the bellicheat and the Pats and they choked in the SB..... Kaarma baby and it's not done yet, that is why your half baked team choked and didn't even make the play-offs. Drop dead pat fan loser! keep hoping and wishing and bashing. The Fins are back baby..... Pats cheating dynasty is dead on life support!
rastis

Stuart, FL

#20 Jan 6, 2009
mrf wrote:
patty cakes can't get to playoffs w/o cheating, so whats your point girly boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Jerry Jones thinks Romo has 4-5 years left (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
More from around the web