Help wanted at quarterback?

Help wanted at quarterback?

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 18, 2008, titled Help wanted at quarterback?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

When deciding whether to commit to Kyle Orton over the long term, the Bears also have to consider what viable alternatives exist if they don't. Here's a thumbnail sketch of the quarterbacks who might fall into ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Griff

Rock Island, IL

#1 Dec 19, 2008
Geez, I guess the grass is just always greener on the back of the other QB's jersey, at least with you guys it is. Orton ain't played bad ball this year. Most of the rest of the team has, but Orton and Forte and a few of the others have played some decent ball out there. Orton got hurt, and I don't care what you say NOBODY can play top notch ball when they're hurt. If you're gonna judge him and look for flaws, then at least have the decency and the patience to wait until he's healthy before you do.
Glenn Small

Alexandria, VA

#2 Dec 24, 2008
Boller is a free agent after this season, and a nice, tough young man; but he's proven he's not an NFL starting quarterback. He has the arm strength, but his accuracy is more than suspect. More importantly, he is nervous and jittery in the pocket and gets happy feet. Worse, when he gets happy feet, he stops looking downfield for a receiver, so the play is basically over -- sack or he throws it out of bounds. That's in an improvement over sack or he throws it up for a pick. Oddly enough, he's better as a backup -- particularly if he comes into the game after the starter gets knocked out. He seems to feel less pressure and to perform better. He might be an okay backup, but he's nobody's starter.
bearsss fan

Naperville, IL

#3 Jan 4, 2009
Whatever the Bears do - I hope they do not go for a middle of the road solution. If you are going to bring in a free agent - go for the best out there (looking like Cassel) and pay him the franchise QB price tag. That may not be the Bears style but I would hate to see us bring in a Kyle Boller and call for Orton's head by mid-season and then put in Boller only to confirm he's average as well. I personally would rather see Orton as #1 QB next year and draft a top prospect next year to eventually replace him as I think Orton has shown some ability to play when he is healthy. The problem this year had more to do with defense anyway.
Maunakea Rick

Des Moines, IA

#4 Feb 16, 2009
I am much more excited about getting Garcia's wife here. I really[ don't care how he does! Have you seen her?
Jeff Garcia

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 19, 2009
My wife was one of Mike Vicks fighting dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Jerry Jones thinks Romo has 4-5 years left (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
More from around the web