Patriots deal quarterback Matt Cassel...

Patriots deal quarterback Matt Cassel, linebacker Mike Vrabel t...

There are 42 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 28, 2009, titled Patriots deal quarterback Matt Cassel, linebacker Mike Vrabel t.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Kansas City Chiefs have acquired quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel from the New England Patriots in a trade for their second-round draft pick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#1 Mar 1, 2009
Curious trade , you would have thought the Patriots would have gotten more for them .
Robbie

Fort Myers, FL

#2 Mar 1, 2009
Cassel will have a much harder time with the players around him in KC then he did in NE. Im not sold that he is this elite QB who who warrants multiple high round picks. Vrabel is old and is just there to provide veteran leadership. With that said Belichek would have never done this for anyone else but his buddy Pioli.
a giant forever

Bronx, NY

#3 Mar 1, 2009
good pull for the chiefs.
doubtful

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Mar 1, 2009
It must be a gift to Pioli
Kansan Chief

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2009
Pioli azz rapes NE! Plain and simple, while the only thing really that NE gained is a CHANCE that the player they draft at 34 will be a good one!
What KC gained: A Quality Starter, a Quality Back-up (Thigpen), A Leader in the LB corps, and they held onto the 3rd pick in the draft, which as you NE fans know will eventually be traded to pick up a 2nd round pick for moving back in the 1st!

Pioli really azz raped his old team, WOW
AttleboroPats Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Mar 1, 2009
my guess is that was the market -- Vrable has a questionable shoulder and Cassel will struggle at first in KC -- NE has three second round picks and is now the powerbroker in the draft. 34th pick is not too shabby for a 7th round pick in 2005.
AttleboroPats Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Mar 1, 2009
Kansan Chief wrote:
Pioli **** rapes NE! Plain and simple, while the only thing really that NE gained is a CHANCE that the player they draft at 34 will be a good one!
What KC gained: A Quality Starter, a Quality Back-up (Thigpen), A Leader in the LB corps, and they held onto the 3rd pick in the draft, which as you NE fans know will eventually be traded to pick up a 2nd round pick for moving back in the 1st!
Pioli really **** raped his old team, WOW
yeah you're right what a bunch of patsies -- my guess is that you won't be singing the same tune after you see Cassel after the first four games -- I am sure you use the term "rape" with some authority - "what pretty lips" Now back to your trailer park.
Bruce

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Mar 1, 2009
Bellichek always makes good trades.

Since: Oct 08

Ft. Lauderdale

#10 Mar 1, 2009
typical patriot dealings these days.
Home Superbowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Mar 1, 2009
Vrabel is one of the most versatile play makers in the NFL.He still has two or three good years left.Outstanding football player=sacks,ints., and touchdowns. Cassel will also be very good.Cassel is the qb everyone loves to hate. Cassel is a California coolie that makes a tough job look easy. Most ignorant people hate that. It stems from jealousy. Pioli was responsible for much of New Englands success picking players. Josh McDaniels was responsible for much of New Englands success calling all the offensive plays for years.The Broncos and Chiefs will become much better football teams.
Bert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Mar 1, 2009
Pats definitely should have received more. At least future considerations built on performance. But I say let them make stupid mistakes....Go Fins!
stupid bert

United States

#14 Mar 1, 2009
Bert wrote:
Pats definitely should have received more. At least future considerations built on performance. But I say let them make stupid mistakes....Go Fins!
Youre an idiot! The fins were a fluke and you will see the New England Patriots in the sunshine state for the super bowl in 2010! The fins will be no better than 7-9
Bert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Mar 1, 2009
stupid bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre an idiot! The fins were a fluke and you will see the New England Patriots in the sunshine state for the super bowl in 2010! The fins will be no better than 7-9
Answer the question...was this a good deal for the Patriots? NO. It was a bad call. Let's hope Brady doesn't fall wrong one time. Then you got nothing.
Dolfan_Cane for Life

Kansas City, MO

#16 Mar 1, 2009
stupid bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up ChowderHead Gaytriot Fan, your AFC EAST party is OVER,what are you gonna do when we crush Brady's good knee?? We are the new Beast of the East, deal with it. You story is old and tired, nice perfect season. The Dolphins will bytch slap you until the cows come home. We will show you how to win a Super Bowl without cheating. Your dick head coach running off the field in the Super Bowl with 2 seconds left pretty much sums him up, he is a jerk. You got what you deserved in the Super Bowl and Brady's knee, it is called KARMA.Only thing worse than inbred moronic Jets Fans are inbred "wicked retahded" Pats fans. Go the hell home and bring some friends. You chowderheads move to Fla and bring your lame accents and bad drving habits with you. GO HOME, NOT WELCOME. Pats suck, Jets suck. Fins Rule.
clayton

Portland, OR

#17 Mar 1, 2009
I am not sure you would have gotten a 2nd from either one alone.  Vrabel can still play but not like he once could and to Me Matt Really needs to show more than just one good year on a REALLY good team.  I am not sure he would have this type of year else where.  I am guessing if he starts he will look more like Derek Anderson in his second year with the Browns.
Dolfan_Cane for Life

Kansas City, MO

#18 Mar 1, 2009
stupid bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, there in a dork JET FAN who trolls our Fins chat rooms with his moronic statements, but he has a "gift" for you, it is called a "blumpkin", go find him and collect it, idiot.
Home Superbowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Mar 1, 2009
Would ultra rich Tom Brady rather be between the sheets with his supermodel wife in his new 12,ooo,ooo. California mansion 3000 miles away from foxboro or get body slammed by Joey Porter and company. I don`t think Brady will last the season or have his head in the right place.A couple of hits on on the knee and the Pats will be wishing they kept Cassel and traded Brady, but fans would never want to part with their superhero.
Home Superbowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Mar 1, 2009
Coles will be signing up with the fins this week.Praying for some big fathead picks for the o-line in the draft.Pats are rebuilding. Fins should dominate. THE DYNASTY BE FINS!
Home Superbowl 2010

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Mar 1, 2009
Imagine what the Pats could have gotten in a trade for Brady and Vrabel? Cassel is just starting his career, Brady, u will see is just about done. This probably his last year after he gets beat up real good. This decision for a 2nd round pick will prove to be very costly for the one-time dynasty. Soon they will have nothing at quarterback. THE DYNASTY BE FINS!
T Martin - Burbank CA

AOL

#22 Mar 1, 2009
Seeing as how Cassel was a) drafted in the 7th round and b) before last year he hadn't started a game since high school; I'd say getting the 34th pick in the draft is a steal for them. Remember this is the same team that lost it's first rounder last year for rules violations. Unfortunately for us, the Dolphins drafted a QB in the 2nd round two years ago who was also 26 and now they'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick for him.
But why people are lamenting that the Pats should have gotten more for Cassel I just don't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teddy Bridgewater's future debated in ESPN roun... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Fart news 19
News Jerry Jones thinks Romo has 4-5 years left (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News Bills 'pull out the stops' for former Vikings f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 The Bill Pill 3
News 2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) Dec '14 The Fart Father 15
News Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Dec '14 Explosive Diarrhea 60
News Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Larry 6
News Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota (Sep '14) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
More from around the web