Source: Weis accepts coordinator job with Florida

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: SI.com 6

Former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis is leaving the NFL to become Florida's offensive coordinator.

Full Story
LOL

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 2, 2011
it's beginning to look like Florida is going to be in for a constant clash of egos, shake-ups and a stressed out football program....
the SEC is the top level of college football, but it's not the NFL.
the kids are still kids and college students......18 - 20 year olds.....
Urban Myer's core football program will be missed.....

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#2 Jan 4, 2011
They will have a potent offense and a bunch of players wanting to go there because they will be playing in an NFL style offense, not a college style. With the talent in Florida, they will be good. If there is a clash, then it will show itself in one season. I hate Florida but I repect Weis as an offensive coord.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#3 Jan 4, 2011
BigDan wrote:
They will have a potent offense and a bunch of players wanting to go there because they will be playing in an NFL style offense, not a college style. With the talent in Florida, they will be good. If there is a clash, then it will show itself in one season. I hate Florida but I repect Weis as an offensive coord.
amazing.....why "hate" a college, any college, or it's football team.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#4 Jan 4, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
amazing.....why "hate" a college, any college, or it's football team.
because of what they stand for, that is why, under meyer, no matter what crimes you were convicted of, arrested for or probation you broke, you still got to play.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#5 Jan 5, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
because of what they stand for, that is why, under meyer, no matter what crimes you were convicted of, arrested for or probation you broke, you still got to play.
Oh, please, don't be so stupid and ill informed......
sounds like you are eating a lot of sour grapes there because Urban Meyer blew off ND to take the Florida head coaching job.

here's another stupid comment for you.........at least the Gators or any other team didn't kill a student camera man like the ND team did with no remorse or disciplinary action.....

see how easy stupid blanket comments are to make......

BTW....just because ND is a Catholic school doesn't mean they are sinless saints......

Get rid of your senseless hatred and you'll feel better and be a better man.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#6 Jan 5, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please, don't be so stupid and ill informed......
sounds like you are eating a lot of sour grapes there because Urban Meyer blew off ND to take the Florida head coaching job.
here's another stupid comment for you.........at least the Gators or any other team didn't kill a student camera man like the ND team did with no remorse or disciplinary action.....
see how easy stupid blanket comments are to make......
BTW....just because ND is a Catholic school doesn't mean they are sinless saints......
Get rid of your senseless hatred and you'll feel better and be a better man.
I did get rid of my hatred and it will remain that way as long as Florida doesn't get back to their AK-47 ways.

I have never said that ND is "sinless". They strive for it though, the difference is that Florida condoned "sin" based on their actions. I think the wheels were falling off and Urban new that and it was time for change before things got more out of control. The new coach can come in there and clean things up. I never liked Florida State or Miami because of their Thugish ways and I respected Florida because they were different, but over the past 6 or 7 years they have taken the THUG crown. I guess that is the only way to build a winner in the state of Florida. My Father in Law is a diehard Gator Alum. He played there and even he has been disappointed at the class of players that were brought in, like he said, I love the wins but I am not comfortable with the cost. You can bring in questionable players if you have a hardcore coach like Spurrier was when he was there, but you can't do the same if you have a coach like Meyer or Carroll (USC), the inmates start to run the prison (no pun intended, well maybe a little)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Cassel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... (Apr '14) 11 hr The Fart Father 15
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) Fri Explosive Diarrhea 60
Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... Nov 27 Larry 6
Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 58
Packers' Next Opponent: Minnesota Vikings Oct '14 The Facts 24
Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... Oct '14 Ian 2
Rodgers, Green Bay hammer Vikings Oct '14 GBPmies 11
More from around the web