Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent ...

Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent visits set up

There are 35 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent visits set up. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Vikings don't have any visits set up yet with free agents, coach Brad Childress said this afternoon during a press conference to introduce quarterback Sage Rosenfels.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#22 Feb 28, 2009
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be realistic here; where are the Vikings going to come up with the players,draft picks, and money that would be needed to swing that deal?
If the team isn't willing to pay the price for a top notch QB it surely won't be willing to dish out what is needed for a wide-out who's best years are behind him,especially one with a me first attitude!
you really dont think we can send a package for boldin? how about brian robison, bobby wade, and our 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick. is say throw in the second rounder if we have to. and how is he a me-first reciever? is because he broke his face and then came back to play two weeks later? and how are his best years behind him? was it because of his amazing ability to run routes? how about his 1000 yards recieving? was it his 11 tds? im sure you are going to say he wouldnt have those stats because of larry fitz playing on the other side. but fitz is good for being able to throw it up and come down with it and boldin is a good route runner and very physical player which makes him a great possession reciever.
Chiefgoff

Lansing, MI

#23 Feb 28, 2009
Glad they signed Kleinsasser - now it's time to sign Birk! Both of these guys are not only good football players, but great people who represent the values of the midwest!

Since: Jan 09

USA

#24 Feb 28, 2009
now that jaso brown signed with another team, it is time for them to sign Birk. Sulivan is not ready to take on center in the NFL. Without Birk or another FA signing I think that the Vikes take a step backward.

Since: Jan 09

USA

#25 Feb 28, 2009
They have to spend at least 13 mil. I don't know how close they are to that yet, but I see very few players out there that would help us. Looks like we will have to get a lineman in the draft. Would like to see Housh here though. BIRK!
Klein-shocker

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Feb 28, 2009
Jim Kleinsauser gave my friend a shocker in college. Yeah, someone actually does these things...well, I guess she should be happy it wasnt a hot carl. Glad to have you back jim and I hope you dont do that to your wife.
Chillynewagegeni us

Eau Claire, WI

#27 Feb 28, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
you really dont think we can send a package for boldin? how about brian robison, bobby wade, and our 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick. is say throw in the second rounder if we have to. and how is he a me-first reciever? is because he broke his face and then came back to play two weeks later? and how are his best years behind him? was it because of his amazing ability to run routes? how about his 1000 yards recieving? was it his 11 tds? im sure you are going to say he wouldnt have those stats because of larry fitz playing on the other side. but fitz is good for being able to throw it up and come down with it and boldin is a good route runner and very physical player which makes him a great possession reciever.
You must have fallen and hit your head making you dilusional. Who exactly do you think actually would want Bobby Wade, and or Brian Robison and as for trading most our draft picks that is what has gotten us into trouble right now this team has very little young depth with all the pick that have been traded the Vikings could have been drafting QBs with some of these picks.
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#28 Feb 28, 2009
Glad Jim's staying. Maybe there is something like brains in the org. after all. Best one at his craft out there.
Archangel

Rochester, MN

#29 Feb 28, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>

I enjoy your posts, even if I don't always agree with them. Robison is NOT a player they should part with. He's to Allen what C. Taylor is to AD.
Nstpaul

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Feb 28, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't even give this much up for Allen. Bolden is not worth three picks and a player. I say he is at most a second and fifth round pick up. But not no number first rounder.
Nstpaul

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Feb 28, 2009
Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy your posts, even if I don't always agree with them. Robison is NOT a player they should part with. He's to Allen what C. Taylor is to AD.
I agree, I think Robison will be taking over Edwards spot. I think hes done after this next season.

Rensselaer

#32 Mar 1, 2009
Chillynewagegenius wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have fallen and hit your head making you dilusional. Who exactly do you think actually would want Bobby Wade, and or Brian Robison and as for trading most our draft picks that is what has gotten us into trouble right now this team has very little young depth with all the pick that have been traded the Vikings could have been drafting QBs with some of these picks.
i was saying maybe we can send bobby wade in a deal just so we can get rid of him. and besides, hes a pretty decent route runner and a 3rd string reciever.

Rensselaer

#33 Mar 1, 2009
Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
the only reason i say we should send robison in a package deal to arizona for boldin is because i think we can pick somebody else up in free agency and not lose a whole lot on defense. at the same time we would be making a huge addition on offense.

Rensselaer

#34 Mar 1, 2009
Nstpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't even give this much up for Allen. Bolden is not worth three picks and a player. I say he is at most a second and fifth round pick up. But not no number first rounder.
thank god your gm, because boldin is defenitely worth it and i would propose that trade to arizona in a heart beat.

Rensselaer

#37 Mar 1, 2009
now we need to resign birk, sharper, and farwell, propose a trade for boldin(robison, wade, 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick), and pick up a decent defensive end to give allen a breather when he needs it.
tcp

Omaha, NE

#38 Mar 1, 2009
jimmy crack heads and he don't care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web