Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent ...

Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent visits set up

There are 35 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings have no free-agent visits set up. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Vikings don't have any visits set up yet with free agents, coach Brad Childress said this afternoon during a press conference to introduce quarterback Sage Rosenfels.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nstpaul

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Cant get everyone, hope we can get some help though on the right side. Other then a new qarterback, we will be fine.
Al Coholic

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Wow. You've gotta be kidding. The team basically backs into the playoffs, decides to start the most unpopular QB and loses in the first round, has trouble selling out a playoff game and the team doesn't have any visits planned? Wow. I'm waiting for the bluff to transpire, but this isn't looking good. Please tell me they REALLY do want to get a stadium, win a championship and contend??? Sounds like our offense last year at this point. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hmmm, maybe Zygi's real estate isn't doing so hot and needs to pocket the money. Hmmmm. Please say it isn't so.
Al Coholic

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Shawn Springs? L. Coles from Jets? I like Carr from Titans. Nate Washington to replace Wade? Come on. Lets go. Where is Housh? He needs to visit here. I can't believe you wouldn't bring him in.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#4 Feb 27, 2009
we dont need to go after a big free agent, we need to trade for boldin.
Justice

Faribault, MN

#5 Feb 27, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
we dont need to go after a big free agent, we need to trade for boldin.
Lets be realistic here; where are the Vikings going to come up with the players,draft picks, and money that would be needed to swing that deal?
If the team isn't willing to pay the price for a top notch QB it surely won't be willing to dish out what is needed for a wide-out who's best years are behind him,especially one with a me first attitude!
MikeHo

Crosslake, MN

#6 Feb 27, 2009
Invite Kurt Warner.
misterdro847

United States

#7 Feb 27, 2009
Al Coholic wrote:
Shawn Springs? L. Coles from Jets? I like Carr from Titans. Nate Washington to replace Wade? Come on. Lets go. Where is Housh? He needs to visit here. I can't believe you wouldn't bring him in.
housh in seattle
Get a clue

Campus, IL

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be realistic here; where are the Vikings going to come up with the players,draft picks, and money that would be needed to swing that deal?
If the team isn't willing to pay the price for a top notch QB it surely won't be willing to dish out what is needed for a wide-out who's best years are behind him,especially one with a me first attitude!
Pretty much agree with you but there isn't a "top notch" QB this year. Warner? He did what he did because of Fitzy and Boldin. He was thought to be washed up while in New York. Garcia? Same as Gus. Collins- possible. He did what he did on a team that resembles the Vikes. Cassel? 2 #1's! Derek? Totally unproven- as is Cassel. Now, Sage? Not really an upgrade but he is younger and if I remember, hasn't been injured year in and year out... There really is just not a decent option at QB this off-season.
MikeHo

Crosslake, MN

#9 Feb 27, 2009
The Vikings need to offer Warner $12 million, trade for McNabb or Hasselbeck or hope that Favre is released. These QBs have experience reading defenses and handling the blitz and could back up offenses to free AP. Just say no to Sage, T-Jack, Cassel and Derek Anderson. Maybe Garcia.
Scruffy

Campus, IL

#10 Feb 27, 2009
Warner isn't Warner without Fitzy and Boldin. Why can't people realize that? In STL he had Holt, Bruce and Faulk. In NY he had......? Now once again he has 2 #1 receivers. He would be a deer in headlights in Minnie. You can "compare" Faulk and Peterson. You CAN NOT compare Fitz/Boldin to Bernard and... I guess Wade (by default). Please, you have got to be kidding about Favre! He has FILED HIS PAPERS!!!! McNabb would ONLY get them to the playoffs.
Mark

United States

#11 Feb 27, 2009
At last, some good news in free agency. Skol Vikings
Give me a break

United States

#13 Feb 27, 2009
Why would anyone want to sign with Detroit? Losers! What, so Dante could throw him the ball? HA!
vikebj

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2009
I think that keeping Kleinsasser in Mn. is huge--He is great and needed as a key element in our success.
vikes44

Fremont, CA

#15 Feb 27, 2009
This is great news.Did you hear that TJ Hous.wants to come to Minn?Childress will pass and call up Freddie Mitchell or maybe even give Troy Williamson a second chance.Good to see you stay Jim K.The best news all day.
purplehaze

Canada

#16 Feb 27, 2009
thanks jimmy...great news man...great news...if you want to go deep ( in the playoffs)...ya gotta have the sausage and we got the kleinsausage!...GO VIKES!!!
purplehaze

Canada

#17 Feb 27, 2009
misterdro847 wrote:
<quoted text> housh in seattle
...whosyourmama is going to the beagles unfortunately...now if he was a backup receiver...klink would be on him like a hooker on a 50 dollar bill!!!
jeb

United States

#18 Feb 27, 2009
love the sausage, guy is like a sixth lineman and his little sausage fingers don't catch the ball too bad either. did we release garret mills? hope we can retain birk for a decent wage and farwell also. we could probably get coles for next to nothing and he would at least be an upgrade over wade and his 6.4 forty if sidney doesn't come back strong. housh would have been awesome...what we really need is a possession receiver. marvin harrison is old as dirt but is definitely one of the best possession receivers of all time and coming off of surgery last year.
Zig

Somerset, WI

#19 Feb 28, 2009
I like Klein...he never bitches, and plays team ball. He'll have his 1/2 catch per game but block like a sow! Adrian Peterson has to love the guy.
oldviking

Ashburn, VA

#20 Feb 28, 2009
keeping Klin was smart, but the main guys needing to be cut that rick spielding& that retarded a-- coach...sage who!!!why do the vikes love signing sub par qb's ,memo to the vike's staff ... it's ok to try and win or maybe go to the bowl...we havn't been to the dance in 3 plus decades... some of us fans have already passed away,chose other teams, chose other sports,the qb POSITION is THE most importent spot on the team,just ask all of the other super bowl winning coaches...the will tell the got there with aQUALITY qb not back ups no team wanted or 2nd rounders who can't win after 3-4 years...
Dicky

United States

#21 Feb 28, 2009
"Linta said the Vikings are very much in contention for Birk. "There's no acrimony with them," he said. "They want him, but they have limitations financially."
How do the Vikings have limitations financially? They still are under the minimum salary cap. Unless they really have something up their sleeves, such as signing Housh, or trading for a real starting QB, they should have plenty of money to resign Birk to a couple year contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web