Bob Sansevere: Vikings aren't far from the top. Here's what the...

Full story: TwinCities.com

If Leslie Frazier doesn't take a head-coaching job or his replacement isn't a dolt, the Vikings will be better on defense next season because linebacker E.J. Henderson will be back.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PatB

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

Hoorah for re-signing Matt Birk. He's still playing at a high level and you can't get rid of an intelligent, hard working center like that. Let him retire as a Viking like Randall MacDaniel should have done. I'd say Jeff Christy too, but that opened up a place for Birk. So there's something to be said about that, but when you're building for a Super Bowl run in a year or two, Sullivan is untested and unproven to be able to step in and do what Birk does for a Super Bowl run.
Cyberkev

Verona, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

I couldn't agree more!
HNIC

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

But can they get enough fans to come and watch him play? I never knew Minnesota fan support was such a joke.
I guess that explains why you'd want Al Franken to represent you're state.
Will from MT

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

I agree completely except that I don't know that Cassel is all he's cracked up to be. He's probably better than what we've got, but I don't think one season with a team that's known for it's offensive genius proves that he's worth it. But QB is the number one position that's holding us back. I don't think Jackson did us any good over the last several games, I personally would have gone back to Frerotte as soon as he was healthy. He may just be an average QB, but I don't think he would have crumbled under pressure like Jackson did. One thing is for sure, I don't want to watch any more of his scattershot throws, at least Gus could hit his receiver in stride. It looks like Chilly's staying, but I hope Wilf puts the QB decisions in someone else's hands. Maybe bring Linehan in if he's available. The offense has the personal it needs, with on exception, to be a top-ten, maybe even top-five offense. This team is on the cusp, and if the QB situation is properly addressed we will almost certainly go deep in the playoffs.
EdwinGene

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

The only thing the Vikings need is a GOOD HEAD COACH!
Eric Nielson

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Yep, head coach is the biggest need.
suspence

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Sansevere,
your as ignorant as they come ( & i mean that in a nice way)! Anyone who thinks Matt Birk is good needs to re-evaluate their football talent prowess. Birk consistantly gets "blown up" by mediocre nose tackles (inject Shaun Rodgers, etc here). He only makes the pro bowl because you media writers think that by going to Yale that makes you football smart. Never mind that Birk just gets a good ol fashion butt whuppin in the trenches. Look at the film & see where most of the opposition's defensive pressure comes from. THE MIDDLE!!! Hey Chillysauce, football starts & stops in the trenches. Your O line is not NEARLY good enough at pass blocking. Also, offensive football requires balance. 1 more thing, in the future can we try play to WIN instead of playing to stay close in hopes of winning in the end. Philly is up 23 - to whatever & they are STILL throwin the ball! Now thats how you do it. try to put the dagger in a team. PEACE OUT!!!
twinky

Marshall, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Did this guy see Birk's shotgun snaps? HORRIBLE!
JJ in Shoreview

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

how about a little more info...ya end with birk....how about right tackle? wide receiver depth? safety in the event we have to repalce sharper...special teams...will heath farwell be 100%... come on bob....just a little more from an insider like yourself...
jeremy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

wow my thoughts exactly...but i think that childress is in love with jackson soo much that he will once again bypass on signing a good quarterback...its a shame too cause this team has serious potential.
Tybalt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Leslie Frazier to the Broncos - Mike Shanahan to the Vikings. very symmetrical, very logical.
Corn Feed White Boy

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Suspence: Birk went to Harvard... but close enough.

Birk is worthless and we need to put someone else in. Pat B, you said Jeff Christy should of retired a Viking, but that opened up a place for Birk, well maybe we get rid of Birk and our new guy, Sullivan may be even better because we will open up a place for him.
JaJaBAR

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Bob , please . As long as this coaching staff remains we are going no where. We finally get an owner who's willing to shell out some dough and we get a complete idiot.
Affula

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Birk is too expensive for what he brings at this point.
We need:
a number one receiver.
a blocking fullback.
Everyone on the OL can go besides Hutch.

and of course we gotta do something about T-jack... he's not the guy. I dunno, maybe draft a top QB, but don't bring in another washed-up Gus Ferrotte type. Jeff Garcia does nothing.
Affula

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

I still don't understand why people hate childress so much after years of mike tice.
Wasn't it worse seeing the vikes blow huge leads?

"we finally get an owner who's willing to shell out some dough and we get a complete idiot"
Not sure how much that really matters considering there is a salary cap, and NFL teams don't gain much from low-balling their team salaries, as opposed to MLB teams.
CalifdreamViking SBWin

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

If Matt Birk is best at what he does why is he not responsible for bad snap?
Why is the special teams (punt return) not responsible for the field position? why did the punter punt for 36 yard one time? I am tired of people blaming TJ. His only probably is he needs experience and a coach that belives in him and knows how to put an offesive game plan together that utilizes Peterson not TJ. He has been out coached many times. If TJ had played through out the season he may have been better seasoned for a playoff run.
Tybalt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Birk's alright - but Yale is better than Harvard ...
hwn vike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

protect your main investment.....draft off. line first.....DB second.....LB third......def.line fourth....
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

How about John Madden for head coach?
Chad

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Wow, Bob, did you spend a whole 30 seconds thinking about this. You are so shallow you are no longer worth reading. Give up something meaningful you simpleton.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matt Birk Discussions

Search the Matt Birk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
CBS Celebrates Athletes Who Support 'Human Righ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 AKW 1
Hartman: Birk's ultimate goal is within his grasp (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••