Vikings to shop with lots of loot

Vikings to shop with lots of loot

There are 75 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 21, 2009, titled Vikings to shop with lots of loot. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There are two myths about the NFL combine that need to be debunked. No. 1: Honesty is not necessarily the best policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Scruffy

Campus, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2009
Stay away from Cassel
DCH6859

Waynesburg, OH

#2 Feb 21, 2009
It's not how much money you have, it's what you do with it. Childress is so pathetic at evaluating talent. Look at his free agent pick ups and drafts. With the exception of Peterson (he fell into the Vikings lap) Childress has yet to bring in a real difference maker. He traded UP to get T-Joke. Look how that's working out. Mr Wilf it's not too late to do the right thing and FIRE Childress now!
Coridog

Ankeny, IA

#3 Feb 22, 2009
Two things the Vikes need, new coach & QB.
Billick would be great, Garcia or Collins would be great. Give them t-joke as a good will gesture, or release him.
Morgan Mundane

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2009
DCH6859 wrote:
It's not how much money you have, it's what you do with it. Childress is so pathetic at evaluating talent. Look at his free agent pick ups and drafts. With the exception of Peterson (he fell into the Vikings lap) Childress has yet to bring in a real difference maker. He traded UP to get T-Joke. Look how that's working out. Mr Wilf it's not too late to do the right thing and FIRE Childress now!
They also need to maintain a fan base of those who think the Vikes are going in the right direction. Do just what DCH said.
bleedspurple

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 22, 2009
DCH6859 wrote:
Bernard Berrian had a good season.Jared Allen had a great season.Vishante had a great season.Chester Taylor has been wonderful.
The man can identify talent.He can't coach it but he can certainly find it.I agree in that I would like a new coach (established)but to say he does not know talent is stupidity at its finest.Mr Wilf can we fire DCH as a fan?
bleedspurple

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 22, 2009
Morgan Mundane wrote:
<quoted text>
They also need to maintain a fan base of those who think the Vikes are going in the right direction. Do just what DCH said.
Mr. Wilf can we fire Morgan as well?
Tony

Fairburn, GA

#7 Feb 22, 2009
I sure hope Childress comments on the QB position was a smoke screen. Look at Jackson against Philly in the playoffs and Gus cannot move at all. Go get Garcia for the run we neeed to win it all before key players on the team pass their prime. Lack of change at the QB position is idiotic but so is Childress!
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#8 Feb 22, 2009
I know the beer breath boys don't like the idea, but I think our smartest move is Brett Favre. Who else can walk into that lockerroom and have an immediate impact in terms of leadership? Everyone respects him, and respect is the one intangible that every quarterback needs. Sure, he's a rent-a-quarterback, but who among the other veteran qb's available isn't? Plus, everyone knows that the players basically tolerate the head coach, such as he is. So there is a leadership vacuum everywhere on the offensive side of the ball. Bring in Favre and you have a hungry, talented quarterback who knows this is his last shot, a pack of receivers who know that they are playing with a legend and not a cartoon or a wash-out, and a team that knows that this is their year. Do it, Mr. Wilf. Please.
bledpurple

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 22, 2009
fire bleedspurple as a fan and resident of our great city of St Paul.good, great,great,wonderful...you have any words left when this team gets the holes plugged, a real coach and QB and they really win something at the final game of the playoffs?
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#10 Feb 22, 2009
I don't care whom our QB is all long as it isn't anybody currently on the roster. Jackson can't read the defense well, and does not throw accurately. Frerrote is about as mobile as a fire hydrant. i could get behind a Favre or Garcia signing.
bulldogdutch

United States

#11 Feb 22, 2009
release Bryant Mckinnie and get 2 NEW yoUNG Oline men and a veteran QB. hope we do well in draft
Jim

Littlefork, MN

#12 Feb 22, 2009
"Lot's of loot..." but they need taxpayer's money to build a new stadium.

Please don't forget to save some of that loot for the moving expenses when they leave Minnesota.

Bon voyage!
bulldogdutch

United States

#13 Feb 22, 2009
wilfie boy use your loot to build your new stadium as long as you keeep chili and tjack
Taxpayers

Longville, MN

#14 Feb 22, 2009
For goodness sake quit the damn "taxpayers" bullcrap - if you are an idiot that cares enough to come to a site to read about the Vikings quit your damn complaining about a stadium - it's the nature of the league - quit complaining!!! Do you get it yet?
TopGunn

Rochester, MN

#15 Feb 22, 2009
I for one do not like the idea of trading draft chioces away year after year. BUT, this team is a QB away from being very good. The Bengals are going nowhere. Find out what Carson Palmer would cost(even if it was a #1 and Chester Taylor how could you pass up the chance to get a QB the caliber of Carson Palmer). Of all the QB's that may or may not be available, Palmer intrugues me the most.
Herbage

Stillwater, MN

#16 Feb 22, 2009
We have to accept the fact that we have Chilly next year. I just hope he is talking b.s. about keeping Jackson and Gus. I think he is, because everybody is lying at this time of year. If he isn't, he won't have a job next year. Everybody in the nfl and everywhere else says the Vikes are a q.b. away from being great. Chilly knows it too. He's dumb but he's not stupid.
digmrat

AOL

#17 Feb 22, 2009
If Childress seriously thinks that Gus and Tarvarius are his two top players, then the Vikings should consider the move to LA. They'll sell a lot more tickets there then they will in Minnesota!
Al Coholic

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 22, 2009
bulldog butch; why would you release McKinnie? I don't like his off field stuff, but his play after that was at a pro bowl level. You don't release guys like that. Trade? Maybe.
I agree with the guy who said "quit complaining about the taxpayers bullcrap". It is the way the league works and we don't have to like it, but it is business and if we choose not to have a football business, we will be losing many millions of dollars long term not only from football, but other business functions in the downtown area. If we get a Superbowl here, it brings the state and it's businesses alot of money. How well do you think those businesses in downtown Minneapolis will do without the Vikings or the dome? It may start to look like Detroit.
If we don't pick up a QB this offseason, they are going to have a tough time selling tickets to fans. Zygi has to give the fans some "hope" of a winner and this Childress/Jackson relationship is beyond old news, it is intolerable. I just can't believe a coach would invest this much in a second round pick who should have been a 5th rounder who hasn't shown anything remotely close to leading this team to a championship. Mind boggling. Anyone remember Chilly's Peyton Manning/T-Jack comparison? Well, I do believe that is officially the most stupid comment in Vikings history.
digmrat

AOL

#19 Feb 22, 2009
The Hard Truth wrote:
I know the beer breath boys don't like the idea, but I think our smartest move is Brett Favre. Who else can walk into that lockerroom and have an immediate impact in terms of leadership? Everyone respects him, and respect is the one intangible that every quarterback needs. Sure, he's a rent-a-quarterback, but who among the other veteran qb's available isn't? Plus, everyone knows that the players basically tolerate the head coach, such as he is. So there is a leadership vacuum everywhere on the offensive side of the ball. Bring in Favre and you have a hungry, talented quarterback who knows this is his last shot, a pack of receivers who know that they are playing with a legend and not a cartoon or a wash-out, and a team that knows that this is their year. Do it, Mr. Wilf. Please.
Bringing in Favre would just about gaurantee the Vikings a Superbowl win. That's a path this franchise seems to go out of it's way to avoid. Just think back to when we had to have Dante Culpepper, when Jevon Kearse could of helped Randle earn a couple Bilechek Trophies. Imagine if we kept Brian Billick and Randy Moss and sent Denny Green away! There were several years this Franchise should have dominated! Do you really think Zigi is a fan, or a Ted Thompsen wannabe?
bigrigger

United States

#20 Feb 22, 2009
Thats another thing about childress he said I'll clean the team up. wrong, Mckinnie should have been cut with the rest of the love boater's, oh, yeah when did Mckinnie make a pro bowl he can't block a speed rusher,he's slow and can't get out of a 3 point stance, thats why they kept in a 2 point and as for a guy that stands around during a play I have seen Mckinnie do that to...!!!! Go Vikes's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web