Minnesota Vikings receivers says that...

Minnesota Vikings receivers says that want Tarvaris Jackson as ...

There are 39 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 4, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings receivers says that want Tarvaris Jackson as .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings coach Brad Childress understandably deferred on his commitment to quarterback Tarvaris Jackson heading into the 2009 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gen Burkhalter

Malibu, CA

#21 Jan 5, 2009
Yeah with TJ as their QB these guys don't have to man up either. After all at least they're paid to watch him try and play so what do they care. Let's face it these guys are barely average on their best days!

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#22 Jan 5, 2009
the bad snap from Birk was due to communication, if Tjack is going to be our QB we need a center that understands jive and ebonics
Brad Childress

Buffalo, NY

#23 Jan 5, 2009
Just a thought here...but if you have the best running back in the NFL and a terrible QB...wouldn't you run the ball 75% of the time or more?

Peterson ran the ball a lot this year, and did good! He led the league in yards and had a very respectable average...idk, maybe im just dumb, but i'd rather put a game plan with 75% of Adrian Peterson than a 50-50 with Jackson throwing the ball...
ColoradoVikingFa n

Burbank, CA

#24 Jan 5, 2009
The best pass he threw all day was to Samuel, hit him right between the twos. I'm sure that in typical Viking fashion he'll get a 5 year extension during the off season. And of course they'll feel compelled to bring back his mentor, Chilidumb-dumb, too.
Viking Fan

Rochester, MN

#25 Jan 5, 2009
Just the type of comments I expect out of a bunch of average Vikings receivers who can't run their routes when in single coverage. It did not matter anyways, because T Jack could not get the pass to them anyways. Just another tired, worn down "Vikings Fan That Expected This Outcome" in a playoff game. Hey, wait until next year! Oh wait that's what I have been saying since Fran Tarkington retired. Soon to be LA Vikings!
WI Vike

Milwaukee, WI

#26 Jan 5, 2009
Sadly, it appears Chili-dog will be back again nexy year. That would have been change #1 to make, but M. Wilf has made it clear that it isn't going to happen.

So here is what we need to do.(KEEP IN MIND NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN, BUT A GUY CAN DREAM) Give Philly a 2nd Rounder for McNabb. They will be pleased as punch to receive something like that for a QB they don't have long-term plans for anyway. He can be our answer for 2-3 years.

Randy Moss is a FA this year, do whatever it takes to sign him...give him 10 free passes from the Minneapolis police, I don't care!

I have to laugh at the title of this article "Minnesota Vikings receivers say they want Tarvaris Jackson as starting quarterback in 2009". Oh, OK guys, who besides Berrian has done anything to give the receiving corps any credibility. Wade has been an OK possession receiver, Rice took a step back this year but hopefully can bounce back and be as serviceable as Loe Lewis someday. So let's get our #1 receiver back to the fold, and with McNabb we look a lot better on offense, even if Chili is still here.
Nick Swardson

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Jan 5, 2009
PC Mike....honestly? Have you seen T Jack throw? How do you establish a passing game with 15-35 completion ? Worst second half I've ever seen. As far as the receivers are concerned. If Chris Carter said that maybe I would half-listen....but NOPE, sorry. Didn't Berrian fall down in one of his routes??? Back to the drawing board. I'll track down Jeff Garcia's number. He'll throw you a ball and you'll be happy and catch it. If not, I'm recruiting Prince and Louie Anderson.
Homer Simpson

United States

#28 Jan 5, 2009
DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM!!! They are relatives that want to see him keep his paycheck so they can help him spend it.

Fire Treevarious Jacked-up-son.

Dont go after Mc Nabbed either.

Get a real leader next time. Gus would have been a lot better.

And if it is 4th and inches. Please go for it. At least they won't be able to return it for 67 yards.
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#29 Jan 6, 2009
the Queens WR...are you kidding me?...they are , without a doubt, the worst group of WR in the NFL...can anyone give me a worse " group" than what Klink has put together on this team?.....let's see...his kickarse offense in the past 3 years...have we even had a 1000 yard receiever during his tenure?.....who cares what these no talent bums think or say..we need them on the field and well, we have seen how well that is working out for us....
dan420

United States

#30 Jan 7, 2009
Choke is Complete wrote:
Come on Viking fans - you had to see this coming. You didn't really think this sorry team, equipped with soft, reject receivers from the Bears, a sorry reject coordinator from the Eagles as a head coach, champions of the NFC North, was going to win a game when it counted against a team that wasn't playing its third string, did you? Hahahaha the joke is on you then - the Vikings are pathetic and so are their fans.
beat you petty bad man, see how far you get
dan420

United States

#31 Jan 7, 2009
Danny Boy wrote:
the Queens WR...are you kidding me?...they are , without a doubt, the worst group of WR in the NFL...can anyone give me a worse " group" than what Klink has put together on this team?.....let's see...his kickarse offense in the past 3 years...have we even had a 1000 yard receiever during his tenure?.....who cares what these no talent bums think or say..we need them on the field and well, we have seen how well that is working out for us....
Titans, Raiders, Bears, Seahawks, Bucs, and Jaguars are all very questionable. With the exceptions of Hester, Bryant and Jones. But i wouldnt replace any viking for any of them. Period...
buddy grant

Mississauga, Canada

#32 Jan 8, 2009
The WR's would look a whole lot better with the proper coach, scheme, Ol and QB. In other words they aren't the problem. Rice was injured at the start and Childress didn't play him for two or three games when he was cleared to return. Yes, we need another top WR but why bother when we underutilize them. Childress doesn't care about the home run ball or deep downfield passes. He is completely one dimensional in his offence which is built around ball control and time of possession. He has NEVER been part of an offence which throws the ball at least 50% of the time. He is incapable of changing his philosphy and so we will have the most predictable offence in the league for at least another year. I now believe the problem isn't Childress so much as Wilf. The man is a complete football moron and is spellbound by Klink's bedtime stories. He looks deranged when he gets excited and scares me. All Vikings fans should be afraid, very afraid.
Notanostrich

Wausau, WI

#33 Jan 10, 2009
Said Shiancoe: "I'm not thinking about any other quarterback in the offseason, at all. I feel like he's the man. He's proved that he can make plays."

Not Says: No, Fran was the man

Said Berrian: "You see all the intangibles. He's got the physical tools. It's a matter of us helping him out and not leaving him out there on his own."

Not Says: Great about the intangibles. Let's see the tangibles.

Said Wade: "There's no doubt (he should start). He is what we need."

Not Says: No, what we need is a quarterback, not a running back who throws.
Hammer 10

Clarksburg, WV

#34 Jan 10, 2009
The receivers have spoken. Let the run mores crossing routes, picks and reverses. Let see what the run after catch will look like. The young receiver from Jackson State run a 4.3. We did not even try develope him.(punt and kick return). He did a good job when give the opportunity. Small school produce stars. If T Jack is not the man. Free agents or trade (Derek Anderson, Quinn, B Leftwich and D Carr) these young QBs need opportunity and a fresh start. Let's see what U got QB Guru!! Train, don't hold back with that conservative offense. Congrat for the division title. Opening up the offense don't be so predictable. Teams goals were to get in front quickly nuetraling AP and forcing the vikes to throw, Getting them away from strength, Were don't practice enough passing drills. Go the extra miles like P Manning. Let the receiver run the routs they do best. Adjust to your talent.
Hammer 10

Clarksburg, WV

#35 Jan 10, 2009
Talking about receivers, during your stent with the Philly there was a problem recognizing a good wide receivers. Brad C know talent in every position except tackle, QB, and wide receivers. Look at his pass history. It speaks for his self. The Vikes need a creative Offensive co-ordinator. The receivers need to learn routes and separation from the dbs. It doesn't matter who the qb throwing the ball. They were the one causing T Jack to be bench anyway. If Shant-drop tight end would have caught the two TD pass in the first two games. T Jack would not have been benched. The Vikes would have been 2-0 not 0-2. Correct me if I am wrong. Please open up the offense. We dump most of it on T Jack. He is being held back and use as the scapegoat for a vanilla offense. Let Bevel do his job or get rid of him. Brad C hands off the offense!!!
Dan

AOL

#36 Jan 10, 2009
Eh I think the vikings played a good game considering the season they had, the vikes have been vexed by one mistake here and one mistake there. I think the Defense was brilliant and the offense was pretty good! I think with another off season to help build chemistry and such and maybe a couple of good pick ups in the free agency we might have it next year. We need a good solid quarter back and one more solid reciever. Why are we not using sidney rice more anyways? EJ is back next year Heath farwell and others that made an impact this year, so we will see what we will see.
TGP

Ottawa, Canada

#37 Jan 15, 2009
whew wrote:
Vikings were lucky not to go 5-11 this season as it was
Thats still five wins more than you boys got this year. Come to think of it isn't that your average record dating all the way back to the Bobby Lane days.
TGP

Ottawa, Canada

#38 Jan 15, 2009
buddy grant wrote:
The WR's would look a whole lot better with the proper coach, scheme, Ol and QB. In other words they aren't the problem. Rice was injured at the start and Childress didn't play him for two or three games when he was cleared to return. Yes, we need another top WR but why bother when we underutilize them. Childress doesn't care about the home run ball or deep downfield passes. He is completely one dimensional in his offence which is built around ball control and time of possession. He has NEVER been part of an offence which throws the ball at least 50% of the time. He is incapable of changing his philosphy and so we will have the most predictable offence in the league for at least another year. I now believe the problem isn't Childress so much as Wilf. The man is a complete football moron and is spellbound by Klink's bedtime stories. He looks deranged when he gets excited and scares me. All Vikings fans should be afraid, very afraid.
I beg to differ,Philly passes to set up the run.
TGP

Ottawa, Canada

#39 Jan 15, 2009
Dan wrote:
Eh I think the vikings played a good game considering the season they had, the vikes have been vexed by one mistake here and one mistake there. I think the Defense was brilliant and the offense was pretty good! I think with another off season to help build chemistry and such and maybe a couple of good pick ups in the free agency we might have it next year. We need a good solid quarter back and one more solid reciever. Why are we not using sidney rice more anyways? EJ is back next year Heath farwell and others that made an impact this year, so we will see what we will see.
Fix the O LINE first, thats the problem then go out and get A. Boldin.The rest will fall in place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web