Minnesota Vikings receivers says that...

Minnesota Vikings receivers says that want Tarvaris Jackson as ...

There are 39 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 4, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings receivers says that want Tarvaris Jackson as .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings coach Brad Childress understandably deferred on his commitment to quarterback Tarvaris Jackson heading into the 2009 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PC Mike

Miami, OK

#1 Jan 4, 2009
Let me tell you something, the problem isn't at QB...it's the head coach and his commitment to running the ball 75% of the time. This isn't 1960; if you can't establish a passing game in today's game, you aren't going to win. I too believe in running the ball, but not, I repeat, not 75% of the time. As an example, break down the Viking offensive plays this season and I bet you come up with the Vikes running the ball mostly on 1st and 2nd down, leaving 3rd down for passing - it doesn't take a rocket scientist for defenses to figure out that the Vikes have a vanilla offense and this is the fault of the head coach. If I had this running game, I would be mixing up throwing and running on 1st down to keep defenses honest, and establishing the short passing game, mixing in the run. Unfortunately, old baldly won't do that so it's time for him to go somewhere else. He's even more conservative than die hard Republican. Fire Childress now!!! I have played football so I know what I'm talking about - Childress, he doesn't even know how to manage the game clock.
utg

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 4, 2009
The leadership in a QB is born not learned. I just don't see Jackson was able to lead all the team, offence and defence working together as an integral unit. Three years of learning is long enough for anybody. If Vikings keep on giving its fate to Jackson, it will be another eight years before it plays for Super Bowl.
Vikings Fan in Tulsa

Mustang, OK

#3 Jan 4, 2009
We need to find a new Head Coach, Offensive coordinator and special teams coach! It is bad when I can sit there and predict the play they are going to run! And they run the play I expected, with no or little yardage, 3d and out! You know the other teams coaches can predict the same!!!! Off season targets in free agency, draft: Proven QB to start, or draft a good QB. How about some fast home run recievers that can fly and catch the ball... NEW COACHES, STARTING AT HEAD COACH!!! Ours is a offensive genious!hahahahahahahahahahaha
Congats to the Defense great Season!!!
TheMaster

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 4, 2009
LMAO, those Viking receivers certainly are funny guys.
The Editor

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Nice headline you m o r o n s
1LT in Iraq

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 5, 2009
What was it Herb Brooks (Kurt Russel) said in the movie Miracle when Mike Eruzione was complaining? "Worry about your own game, there's plenty there to keep you busy." None of these receivers are that great. They need to shut it and stay out of the whole should-we-replace-TJoke saga.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 5, 2009
im thinking now we need new reievers too..the ones we have arent very bright
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 5, 2009
Maybe it was just that the Eagle defense was a lot better than the Viking offense. The Cowboys couldn't dent it either.
Ryan

Souderton, PA

#9 Jan 5, 2009
PC Mike wrote:
Let me tell you something, the problem isn't at QB...it's the head coach and his commitment to running the ball 75% of the time. This isn't 1960; if you can't establish a passing game in today's game, you aren't going to win. I too believe in running the ball, but not, I repeat, not 75% of the time. As an example, break down the Viking offensive plays this season and I bet you come up with the Vikes running the ball mostly on 1st and 2nd down, leaving 3rd down for passing - it doesn't take a rocket scientist for defenses to figure out that the Vikes have a vanilla offense and this is the fault of the head coach. If I had this running game, I would be mixing up throwing and running on 1st down to keep defenses honest, and establishing the short passing game, mixing in the run. Unfortunately, old baldly won't do that so it's time for him to go somewhere else. He's even more conservative than die hard Republican. Fire Childress now!!! I have played football so I know what I'm talking about - Childress, he doesn't even know how to manage the game clock.
What good does it do to call passing plays if the QB cant make them? Funny, here in Philly we complain that we pass the ball too much and are way too predictable with it. I guess we find something wrong no matter where we are...
Gin

United States

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Are those receivers out of their minds? The Vikings need to upgrade their receiver corp. When you have a running back like Adrian Peterson, and you can't get open when your single covered, you need to be a punt returner. It's time to give the backup players a real shot at becoming starters, especially, Brian Roberson. Brian Roberson, teamed with Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, and Pat Williams would give the Vikings a solid defensive front. There will be a number of good quarterbacks looking for jobs next season, give Donte Culpepper a second chance.

Since: Feb 08

Cottage Grove, MN

#11 Jan 5, 2009
Of course they want Tjack back. If the passes aren't getting to them, they don't have to spend any more energy running to the end zone...
Grammera

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 5, 2009
"Minnesota Vikings receivers says that want Tarvaris Jackson as starting quarterback in 2009"

I says thats i za wants someones elses.
Tony Caine

Alexandria, MN

#13 Jan 5, 2009
How could they let that headline be printed?..I know these are tough times but jeez, is anyone proof reading?
Tony Caine

Alexandria, MN

#14 Jan 5, 2009
T Jack would be fortunate to be second string on most clubs, The Giants backup Carr looked like Joe Montana compared to TJ.
Danny

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2009
PC Mike wrote:
Are you kidding??? They run the ball for 2 reasons; they have the best RB in the game and they have no serious passing attack! Why the heck would you want to take touches away from Peterson and allow TJack to throw more.....? I think you're confusing the Vikings with the Patriots!
Mike Mularkey

New York, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2009
HEY! JUST letting YOU know Ziggy...I'm out here...did you see what I did in Atlanta with Matt Ryan (rookie) and Michael Turner (backup)...if you fire Childress, I will come.

Oh, BTW...I did play for the Vikings...so maybe I'm fit to coach them, eh? EH?

did you ever notice mularkey, looks like it should rhyme with turkey, but it doesn't. Yeah, I reflect on that alot.
Chester Taylor

New York, NY

#17 Jan 5, 2009
You ever see what they do in New York with Derrick Ward, Ammad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs, also in Carolina with DeAngelo Williams and Jon Stewart (not the actor)...yeah, can I get some of that with AD...because AD can't block, AD can't catch a pass, AD just run...I can do the rest and some...hell, put us in the backfield together...and fire childress while your at it...c'mon! And we need to draft a first round receiver! C'mon!
Choke is Complete

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Come on Viking fans - you had to see this coming. You didn't really think this sorry team, equipped with soft, reject receivers from the Bears, a sorry reject coordinator from the Eagles as a head coach, champions of the NFC North, was going to win a game when it counted against a team that wasn't playing its third string, did you? Hahahaha the joke is on you then - the Vikings are pathetic and so are their fans.
whew

Warren, MI

#19 Jan 5, 2009
Vikings were lucky not to go 5-11 this season as it was
Hayden Fox

South Bend, IN

#20 Jan 5, 2009
At the least the Vikes players are not throwing other players under the bus, ala the NY Jets. Too bad they don't throw the offensive coaches under the bus......literally!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web