Minnesota Vikings trying to re-sign center Matt Birk

The Minnesota Vikings are still open to bringing back Matt Birk as their starting center, his agent said today at the NFL Combine. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
C Racker Jack

Saint Cloud, MN

#1 Feb 20, 2009
"They didn't insult us." It's comforting to know that negotiations don't start with a little rancor and kick to the junk.
Yawn

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Blah blah blah blah blah.........If it isn't about the Vikes signing a QB who can acutally play, I don't care.
Fire Childress

Duluth, MN

#3 Feb 20, 2009
Since Clueless wants T-Joke or disGUSting to fight it out for QB, the team's best option would be to sign Birk and let him snap the ball to himself so he can turn around and hand it to Peterson.
Justin Sider

Santa Rosa, CA

#4 Feb 20, 2009
Birk is a classy guy who I wouldn't mind seeing get a 1 or 2 year deal at the most. He has to realize he isn't the same player after multiple hernia surgeries but can still somewhat get the job done. I definetly would not overpay him with Sullivan, Cook (has no business being a RT) and the Cal kid in the draft. RT is a pressing need as is WR and QB. Charles GOrdon should be recovered and re-signed and Brandon Sumrall deserves another look.
highland guy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 20, 2009
Yawn wrote:
Blah blah blah blah blah.........If it isn't about the Vikes signing a QB who can acutally play, I don't care.
And Sullivan is going to protect him and call the pass protections?
Yawn

Stillwater, MN

#6 Feb 20, 2009
highland guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Sullivan is going to protect him and call the pass protections?
Call the pass protections? You think Birk is barking out what protection the Vikes have? Dude, maybe you should comment on something else. Birk is in the twilight of his career anyway and he's been injury prone. They drafted Sullivan to replace Birk, that's how the NFL works. Minny needs a QB and that should be priority No. 1. Period.
Go TarVar

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2009
We gotta sign Birk! We have Sullivan in the wings as the next great Viking center, but he can wait a year or two. Trade Cook and Marcus Johnson for a 7th round draft pick.
you sure

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 20, 2009
I liked this Birk until last summer when he was so big on being a proud republican. If he does not believe in unions or collective bargaining or benefits that unions fight for then let him walk. He has been replaced already anyway. But he should have kept his political point of view to himself.
pick me pick me

Middleton, WI

#9 Feb 20, 2009
Does Matt Birk even want to stay with the Vikings after the way Childress treated him at the beginning of the season? Then again, does Birk want to start with a new team this late in his career, especially with everything he has established in the Twin Cities? It will come down to money. Which side will give in first? I thought Sullivan was ready to assume the Center duties? Use the money on a good QB such as Hasslebeck or even Garcia for a year. Vikings need to go after a trade for Tony Gonzalas with KC. Even go after AB from Arizona too!
Michael In Maine

United States

#10 Feb 20, 2009
Bring him back for a 1 or 2 Year Deal... His home is in Minnesota, he's gotta give us a hometown discount!
Tony Caine

Alexandria, MN

#11 Feb 20, 2009
You Sure, Matt Birk has done more for old cripple retired NFL players than anyone, at the Super Bowl he pleaded with NFL players to help these guys out he received 2 responses. These players are pathetic you finally find one stand up guy that is willing to fight for these guys or dress down a child like Moss when he quits early and heads for the locker room and you want to run him off because he is a conservative...you my friend are the child.
Scruffy

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2009
Yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the pass protections? You think Birk is barking out what protection the Vikes have? Dude, maybe you should comment on something else. Birk is in the twilight of his career anyway and he's been injury prone. They drafted Sullivan to replace Birk, that's how the NFL works. Minny needs a QB and that should be priority No. 1. Period.
Um, yea I do. You think he is just pointing because his arm fell asleep? Is it every single play? Doubt it but if you think he has no say at the line... you're nuts. Because Jackson I am SURE has a better grasp on protections.
Dave

Lakeville, MN

#13 Feb 20, 2009
Resigning Matt Birk should be a priority right now because there are teams right now looking for Offensive linemen and having Matt Birk available for teams would be tragedy for the Vikings. Sullivan is waiting in the wings and he isn;t ready to step in yet.
a GIANT forever

Hampton Bays, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2009
what good is the center if has nobody to snap the ball to.go get a qb..........
Yokles

Forest Lake, MN

#15 Feb 20, 2009
Rubes, the Vikes only have 30 games left to play in Minnesota before they head out to California and their new home. Enjoy.
Birk is done

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Feb 20, 2009
His best is way there someplace, he tried to get some things going for old timers somebody said. Well not sure he had his heart into it or his pocket book open for more money. He and Chilly have fallen out, he has the understanding closer to Ziggy but that is not going to help him get younger. A guy has to know when it is over, ( unless you are Gordie Howe ) but Matt, not very many teams will want you.
a GIANT forever

Hampton Bays, NY

#17 Feb 20, 2009
Yokles wrote:
Rubes, the Vikes only have 30 games left to play in Minnesota before they head out to California and their new home. Enjoy.
no matter if its minn or calf they still need a qb.
Jerry Fing Burns

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Feb 20, 2009
a GIANT forever wrote:
what good is the center if has nobody to snap the ball to.go get a qb..........
You mean like Eli Manning? Pretty hard to throw or even hand off with both your hands around your neck.
Joe Has Been

Walker, MN

#19 Feb 20, 2009
Birk's a good guy, and appears to be a true team leader. The question is, can he still play at a high enough level to justify bringing him back?.........I, personally, don't think he can.
a GIANT forever

Hampton Bays, NY

#20 Feb 20, 2009
Jerry Fing Burns wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like Eli Manning? Pretty hard to throw or even hand off with both your hands around your neck.
your going to tell me that u wouldnt want eli over t jack or ferroute.your smoking CRACK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
CBS Celebrates Athletes Who Support 'Human Righ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 AKW 1
Hartman: Birk's ultimate goal is within his grasp (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1

Matt Birk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE