Vikings coach Childress: Favre's thro...

Vikings coach Childress: Favre's throwing motion 'looked fine t...

There are 93 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Vikings coach Childress: Favre's throwing motion 'looked fine t.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress says he has watched video of quarterback Brett Favre throwing a football and his motion "looked fine" to him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Liberal and Proud

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2009
Wow, I really feel sorry for this guy. The only thing he has to define himself is football. He's so small that he cannot see outside himself/football. This guy could be doing so much more good within the community and instead he wastes it on his own glory days. He reminds me of MJ.
IronMike

Hinesville, GA

#2 Jul 20, 2009
Liberal and Proud wrote:
Wow, I really feel sorry for this guy. The only thing he has to define himself is football. He's so small that he cannot see outside himself/football. This guy could be doing so much more good within the community and instead he wastes it on his own glory days. He reminds me of MJ.
Yeah - it reminds me of Michael Jackson, too.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#3 Jul 20, 2009
Liberal and Proud wrote:
Yeah! The nerve of this Favre guy to try to keep playing a game he loves and is excellent at.
GHT

Portland, OR

#4 Jul 20, 2009
will there be a tearful mancrying session when Favre retires from the HS team he's been playing with in hopes of getting ready for the NFL?

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#5 Jul 20, 2009
Who gives a sheet? Minn. is worse if Farve signs.....he will be HORRIBLE! Hope he signs and Vikes fall on their face with narcissist.
johnnyarms

Madison, IN

#6 Jul 20, 2009
So IL Bruno wrote:
Who gives a sheet? Minn. is worse if Farve signs.....he will be HORRIBLE! Hope he signs and Vikes fall on their face with narcissist.
not gonna happen! thats if u know football at all
Favre

UK

#7 Jul 20, 2009
I know football and how to retire. Vikings next on my retirement world tour of failure.
arnold

Huffman, TX

#8 Jul 21, 2009
johnnyarms wrote:
<quoted text>
not gonna happen! thats if u know football at all
Yes the Vikings with favre will probably inly be 2-14 in 2009 with farve. The two wins will be against the winless packers.
lukedaduke

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jul 21, 2009
*********BREAKING NEWS**********
Brett Favre just took a dump. There appeared to be traces of corn in it. Vikings head coach Brad Childress was quoted as saying - "I was impressed with his motion. It was much better than 2 weeks ago."
farve

Erie, PA

#10 Jul 21, 2009
I Was funny in that Mary movie wasn't I.
farve

Erie, PA

#11 Jul 23, 2009
Why won't everyone see that I am the most logical fit in MINNY? It dumbfounds me!!!!!
GHT

Portland, OR

#12 Jul 23, 2009
farve wrote:
Why won't everyone see that I am the most logical fit in MINNY? It dumbfounds me!!!!!
they're used to younger QB's with no skills, the fact you're older with no skills, kind of confuses them.
Sage Rosendumbfounds

Houston, TX

#13 Jul 23, 2009
We need Favre, I would much rather him take the fall for not taking us to the Super Bowl than me.
farve

Erie, PA

#14 Jul 23, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>they're used to younger QB's with no skills, the fact you're older with no skills, kind of confuses them.
I sure hope u are wrong, we'll have 2 wait and see.
Sage Rosenskills

Houston, TX

#15 Jul 24, 2009
Favre still has skills, the Oak Grove High School JV coach just emailed me and said so.

Free helicopter rides at the Metrodome.
GHT

Portland, OR

#16 Jul 24, 2009
Sage Rosenskills wrote:
Favre still has skills, the Oak Grove High School JV coach just emailed me and said so.
Sage, we all know your days are numbered there. Of course favre will be in MN this season, he is just prolonging the obvious and creating untold drama as he always does.
Favre

UK

#17 Jul 24, 2009
I will be creating untold drama at my press conferences too explaining why I failed to lead this team to a Super Bowl.
GHT

Portland, OR

#18 Jul 24, 2009
Favre wrote:
I will be creating untold drama at my press conferences too explaining why I failed to lead this team to a Super Bowl.
have you retired from that High School team yet you're practicing with?? I am still waiting for that teary eyed fare thee well.
Favre

UK

#19 Jul 24, 2009
That will come after I fail to win a Super Bowl for the Vikings.
farve

Erie, PA

#20 Jul 24, 2009
Sage Rosenskills wrote:
Loll, this is really getting old, Sage u got it in with the JV COACH LOLL. I WISH I COULD JUST MAKE UP MY MIND.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web