Vikings' Adrian Peterson finishes season as NFL's top rusher wi...

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Vikings' Adrian Peterson finishes season as NFL's top rusher wi.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson started and ended Sunday as the NFL's leading rusher and fumbler, doing nothing against the New York Giants to lose his grip on either stature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Joe

Ely, MN

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Didn't see anywhere in your article how many fumbles he lost. Were they all recovered by the opposition? Otherwise your article doen't tell it all.
TruthTeller

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 28, 2008
Joe wrote:
Didn't see anywhere in your article how many fumbles he lost. Were they all recovered by the opposition? Otherwise your article doen't tell it all.
Uh, yes it did:

"Late in the first quarter of a scoreless game, Peterson lost the ball near midfield after having his ankle twisted in a scrum. Kleinsasser recovered and saved Peterson from his fifth lost fumble of 2008."

Since: Jun 08

Oronoco, MN

#3 Dec 28, 2008
I think AD has been my favorite aspect of the vikings to watch this year, a close second to all the sacks. Too bad Nobody broke the 20 on our team.
Baguak

Surprise, AZ

#4 Dec 29, 2008
he is a stud. all that and he had guys named Herrara and cook blocking....
Reuben dominguez

United States

#5 Dec 29, 2008
Adrian needs to understand he is not at Oklahoma anymore playing with subpar competition. Everyone is a blue chipper in the NFL. Everyone can see he is trying to do to much and this is when he loses the ball. Take what the defense gives you AD and know when to stop fighting.
florida vikes fan

Avon, OH

#6 Dec 29, 2008
finally backin the playoffs! however lack of any imagination or offensive adjustments will probably doom their chances of advancing very far they have tremendous talent but the coaching staff leaves much to be desired I hope im wrong but have seen this scenario way to often
Always Loser Queens

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 29, 2008
And how many fumbles recovered/losted. Will never be a great running because he is not smart enough to hold tight onto the ball. Maybe would work if the rock was really a wad of money.
NJ Purple

Hamburg, PA

#8 Dec 30, 2008
The Packers are not playing this weekend, neither are the poor excuse for men, er, I mean raiders.
A little respect for the NFL's RUSHING LEADER over here.
Sincerely
Gaear Grimsrud
NJ Purple

Hamburg, PA

#9 Dec 30, 2008
florida vikes fan wrote:
finally backin the playoffs! however lack of any imagination or offensive adjustments will probably doom their chances of advancing very far they have tremendous talent but the coaching staff leaves much to be desired I hope im wrong but have seen this scenario way to often
I hope the fact chilly worked so long with the cheesesteak buddha both in arizona and later in philly, will help him figure out the blitzes and anticipate cheesesteaks intentions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web