Eagles put quick end to Minnesota Vikings' playoff plans

Full story: TwinCities.com

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. One and done. The Vikings' postseason rust was evident, as they were shut out in the second half in a 23-14 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
Comments
321 - 328 of 328 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2009
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Nick Swardson

Venice, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

STOP wasting your fans time and money. Put together OBVIOUS elements to win games. No Jeff Garcia in the off season when he was begging to get out of Tampa....not one screen pass to Peterson?... have T Jack scramble, he can't pass....insanity. Wilf should be embarrassed. McNabb laughed and danced in our faces. I hope he chokes on Cambell's Chunky soup.
Barry

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Childress is a bad coach and what kept his job was the defense that help win some games,and some turnovers, but next year it will be the same maybe 9-7
holks587

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

BRING BACK TICE
holks587

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

ok i was joking with the tice thing, but he took us to the playoffs with ALOT less talent on both sides of the ball
40for60

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Many fans have been on Chilly for taking Adrian out on 3rd down plays, and for not utilizing him in the passing game.

Does anyone remember the first offensive play of the game? TJ goes back to pass, and a linebacker runs right over AD and hits TJ as he is unloading the ball. It could have very easily been intercepted. Has AD shown his pass catching ability on a consistent basis?
Taylor is a much better blocker and pass catcher, the coaches were RIGHT.
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Judged:

Nabu wrote:
I am very proud of how the Vikings played last night. There was more intensity and focus than I had seen all season. Thanks for the great game !!!
must have been watched with beer goggles.......
Loser Vikings

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Mrs R wrote:
Thanks, Republicans. Thanks to the conservatives in this pathetic state wanting to cut taxes so much to save "your" money, we have a lousy stadium and thus can't field a decent team. This has nothing to do with Denny Green or the players; I fully blame this loss on conservative, far right wing nutcase, anti-tax Republicans.
It isn't just the anti tax Republicans, Its all the taxpayers. Why couldn't they put together a deal to share a new stidum with the Golphers, theyr'e getting a new stadium. It's just plain greed on the vikings for not trying to get a deal done. They want their very own over the top retractable roof staduim built. I say if there is any kind of a roof on the stadium, then let Ziggy pay for the whole cost. No taxpayer money
Lets get back to real football played in the elements

“I Love to Hate the Vikes”

Since: Jan 09

Green Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

Judged:

Rumor has it that Minnesota is trying to trade for Matt Hassleback. He's a smart, accurate quarterback with decent arm strength. But he's also coming off an injury-riddled season; he's clearly an upgrade over what's there now. It's clear that something has to be done at that position.

Going into last season, the big question in Packerland was about Aaron Rodgers. Could he go from clipboard caddy to Brett Favre successor? Well, despite the disappointing team record, Aaron Rodgers is one of the bright young QB stars. There are teams in the NFL, including all 3 NFC North rivals, who would give their right arm for Rodgers.

John David Booty is not the answer. Neither is Favre. Hasslebeck could be. So could the Pats QB. Heck, Michael Vick or Kerry Collins might be available next year.

Best of luck in any case. All that talent and Pro Bowl players won't get you anywhere without a decent QB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
CBS Celebrates Athletes Who Support 'Human Righ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 AKW 1
Hartman: Birk's ultimate goal is within his grasp (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1

Search the Matt Birk Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••