Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson...

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson will start against New Yo...

There are 65 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson will start against New Yo.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said today Tarvaris Jackson would remain the starting quarterback next week against the New York Giants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sean

AOL

#1 Dec 22, 2008
Here we go coach. TJ is awsome and I believe he will win this game against giants this sunday. But still we have to control jacobs and drill cry baby mannings all day long. giants maybe a good football team but Vikes have the tallent. Tallent is the FEAR for other teams. Defense did a very good job last sunday. Allen must step up and take care of cry baby maning this sunday. Vikes needs to mess up giants game plan. If we can do that than they will lose their focus for the game. We also need people in the stadium makes some big noise. That will be a big help for Vikes. I know Vikes will play like a champions this sunday and will beat the gianys. We do not need help from greenbay tonight. Giants game projection-- Vikes 45-giants 20.

TJ can do it.....and giants will be called smalls...

GO KESSLER
GOPAT (WE LOVE YOU MAN-HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER)
GO VIKES
Sean/NC
chisago52

Forest Lake, MN

#2 Dec 22, 2008
if vikes win this game, it will only be because its a meaningless game for the giants, who will probably rest a lot of starters. tjoke is not an nfl qb and it will show this week.
Go Vikes

Marinette, WI

#3 Dec 22, 2008
Hey Chilly Willy
You must not watch Tavarais freak out under pressure has no feel for whats around him and also carries the ball away from his body. You need to start Gus in the playoffs . We will not win with TJ. Hes a Daunte junior. He has to go to the wizard for a brain.
Clancy

AOL

#4 Dec 22, 2008
Go Vikes wrote:
Hey Chilly Willy
You must not watch Tavarais freak out under pressure has no feel for whats around him and also carries the ball away from his body. You need to start Gus in the playoffs . We will not win with TJ. Hes a Daunte junior. He has to go to the wizard for a brain.
Gus would have gotten killed against the Falcons. If you are looking for perfection, I'm afraid Gus isn't the answer. I would say he would have been fortunate to put up any points. He wouldn't have time. No matter how imperfect we are, speaking for myself, I am sure we have some good points. Of course it depends upon who judges us .
Conrad Dobler

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 22, 2008
Go Vikes wrote:
Hey Chilly Willy
Tavarais goes to the Wizard on every play. The idiots on the sideline send in the play and Matt "The WiZard" Birk explains it to him. Unfortunately Daunte Jr. forgets the play before the snap count.
Thus resulting in all the **** ups.
Sense

United States

#7 Dec 22, 2008
chisago52 wrote:
if vikes win this game, it will only be because its a meaningless game for the giants, who will probably rest a lot of starters. tjoke is not an nfl qb and it will show this week.
It hasn't shown the last three weeks, why would it this week?
chisago52 is ReTaRdEd

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 22, 2008
chisago52 wrote:
You're saying as if he lost the game for us.. Guess you must not been paying attention to him much. He been better than most ppls expected from him. He hasn't throw an int in the past two games. Unlike Gus. We seem to have a better advantange with him than Gus. Although he wasn't an 1st round draft pick. He still play as though he was one. Carrying all the loads on his shoulder trying to win games for the team. He clearly shows he's an NFL caliber QB. Lets see hmmm... against the lions and cardinals. Although the lions and cardinals have mediocre D. Still being able to throw passes into tight places. That takes alot of confidence and ability to read coverage. So overall, your a JOKE. Not him!

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#9 Dec 22, 2008
Go Vikes wrote:
Hey Chilly Willy
i think i t is obvious that you dont watch the games at all because jackson hasnt got flustered under pressure since taking over for frerotte, especially last night. he never made one bad throw last night and hasnt thrown an interception over the last 3 games. he was the only player who showed up to play on offense besides shiancoe.
Cash

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 22, 2008
I have to wonder if ppl would be saying all those mean things about Jacko if he were white. Think about it.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#11 Dec 22, 2008
T-Jack and Shiancoe played well Sunday and not the reason we lost. I cannot believe that those two would come around after seeing their play early in the year. To jump on T-Jack now is unfair, and I've been as critical of him as mush as anybody. His passes were accurate and had zip. His only fault was not taking care of the football in traffic, but then All Day needs to do that himself. In the end T-jack was not the reason we lost, but he was the reason we were still in the game after multiple turnovers. He deserves another start.
Sense

United States

#12 Dec 22, 2008
Cash wrote:
I have to wonder if ppl would be saying all those mean things about Jacko if he were white. Think about it.
No they wouldn't
The bigots are out in numbers

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#13 Dec 22, 2008
sodakviking wrote:
T-Jack and Shiancoe played well Sunday and not the reason we lost. I cannot believe that those two would come around after seeing their play early in the year. To jump on T-Jack now is unfair, and I've been as critical of him as mush as anybody. His passes were accurate and had zip. His only fault was not taking care of the football in traffic, but then All Day needs to do that himself. In the end T-jack was not the reason we lost, but he was the reason we were still in the game after multiple turnovers. He deserves another start.
it really is funny how people like you were criticizing him early on and now on the bandwagon.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#14 Dec 22, 2008
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
it really is funny how people like you were criticizing him early on and now on the bandwagon.
Actually, not all that funny, what I saw of T-jack in games 1 and 2 was a QB that was indecisive, inaccurate and a detriment to the team. What I saw in games 13 1/2, 14 and 15 was an accurate, decisive player that played with confidence. Also, don't but me on that bandwagon of your's just yet, I'll reserve that spot until I see more games.
Clancy

AOL

#15 Dec 22, 2008
I think i can see a bit of a problem in the way AP carries the ball. it looks as though it can be punched out of his arm and hand from behind him. Also, it seems he is not covering the ball up with both hands when he is being hit. Anticipate and cover up. You will know when you can break one. Don't give the other team any breaks.
koz

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Dec 22, 2008
We finally have a chance to win the conference and this bone head of a choach wants the start a quarterback who's won one game this season. Maybe he wants to get fired as much as we want him out of here.
purplehaze

Canada

#17 Dec 22, 2008
a magnetic resonance imaging exam this morning and the results were encouraging. "There's really not much going on there, just sore," Childress said. that's what you get for trying to think klinko....GO VIKES!!!
purplehaze

Canada

#18 Dec 22, 2008
Cash wrote:
...color has nothing to do with it...if the guy can do the job...he could be pink with purple polka dots...doesn't matter. however seeing as how you brought this up...i ask you...how many of the teams in the playoffs or have won a superbowl have a non white qb?
purplehaze

Canada

#19 Dec 22, 2008
correction...the question should have a non white qb as the starter?
lrwade

Batesville, IN

#20 Dec 22, 2008
Go Vikes wrote:
Hey Chilly Willy
Are you kidding me Gus the statue would have been sacked about five times last week. Jackson turned several bad situations into plus yardage. If Chilly would open up the play book a little he would look even better. Compare QB ratings. At least he leads his receivers, Gus constantly throws behind them nearly getting them killed.
kfan

Neenah, WI

#21 Dec 22, 2008
In a real system (1980s 49ers; Bill Walsh), he may develop into a moderately successful quarterback, but with no system and the worst head coach in the NFL, forget it, end of story. A quarterback's office is the pocket and this guy has a big problem with it - as stated by Mark Malone - former Steelers QB on Westwood One radio - Jackson is only effective outside the pocket, and he has had time to get comfortable - lots of time. We need a for-real high level QB or forget taking the next step. A new head coach wouldn't hurt either - Marty, Holmgren, Cowher - it's not like no one is avail. But, it does require intelligent ownership and management which this organization has never had - as long as they can make money losing, expect more of the same - only the fans can make the difference (don't come to the games, fools, until real change is evident).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... (Mar '15) Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web