Minnesota Vikings' offense goes on a long drive to save game vs...

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2008, titled Minnesota Vikings' offense goes on a long drive to save game vs.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Down and seemingly done, the Vikings' offense rallies - with help from a Lions penalty - to set up the winning field goal By Rick Alonzo ralonzo@pioneerpress.com Article Last Updated: 10/12/2008 11:20:06 PM CDT ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Danny

Highland Lakes, NJ

#1 Oct 13, 2008
Hey, as long as the Ref's continue to help us with late game calls we can't lose no matter hard hard Childress tries to coach us OUT of a victory!
CHartnett

Hilliard, OH

#2 Oct 13, 2008
I have never been so mad after a Vikings victory. The offense and the defense should line up facing each other. Then the defense should be allowed to kick the entire offense right in the jimmies. The defense did more than their fair share only to have the offense give it right back because of stupid penalties, dropped passes, and lame efforts to make catches. The only sustained drive that didn't end in a turn over or punt, was kept alive by a very weak interference call. I am just thankful that they were playing the Lions. OK I'm done ranting now. Thanks for listening.
Justin Sider

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Oct 13, 2008
How is Childress not being held accountable for his stupidity week in and week out? The decision to kick an extra point rather than go for two to tie the game is confounding. What in the world could he be thinking? Is he really that stupid or does he get tunnel vision and lose focus under stress? Let's see hmmm go for 2 tie the game... kick the pat and be down 1?? If you miss the two pt conversion, a FG still wins the game...

Another example, The game when he decides to call a timeout to see if he should throw the red challenge flag?? Are you kidding me? He is clueless as are his signings of Cook,Jackson, Tapeh, M. Williams, Shiancoe and Wade.

Childress is obviously not a mensa member... but c'mon for pete's sake, wake up and smell the coffee.. I don't know how Wilf can stand to watch the games... Does he call Chili and ask W-T-F were you thinking? Someone needs to.... I can't stand that dumb @$$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Birk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many still chasing the NFL dream at veterans co... Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Former NFL players now on other side, working f... Mar '15 New Career Challenge 1
News Vikings to honor Birk before final Metrodome ga... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News San Diego haze? Te'o set to meet new teammates (May '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 1
News Baltimore Ravens determined to hold on to Ed Reed (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Ravens to Cut Top Tackler Bernard Pollard in Ro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 datgovernment 2
News Randy Moss or Matt Birk will win SB Xlvii (Jan '13) Feb '13 Downer 45 16
More from around the web