Tony Romo won't hold for kicks this season

Apr 4, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Tony Romo will not be Martin Gramatica's holder any longer, not because he botched the snap at Seattle in the wild-card playoffs last season, but because he's the starting quarterback. via Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2007
kevin wahl

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Apr 6, 2007
i think tony romo will make an excellent starting quarterback. I think that mistake in seattle could happen to anyone.
taylor mcelreath

Carrollton, TX

#2 Apr 15, 2007
i think this year tony romo will be a great quarterback.I think the mistake in seattle could happen to anybody.Give tony romo 2 years he will be one of the best quarterbacks.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#3 Apr 15, 2007
what crap - hes not gonna be holder cause people have seen what hes capable of. it sure as hell isnt cuz hes the starting QB.
Phil

Modesto, CA

#4 Apr 15, 2007
bulldog3 wrote:
what crap - hes not gonna be holder cause people have seen what hes capable of. it sure as hell isnt cuz hes the starting QB.
Actually, it is. Tony Romo has an excellent record as a holder. You saw one play where it got away from him, and everyone with any knowledge knows that there is a problem with the slickness of the balls late in the game.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know of any starting QB's who hold on kicks. The only reason he was holding is because he started the year doing that. Now, going into a new season with the starting job his to lose, someone else will hold as is the case on every other team in the NFL.

jacksonville beach, FL

#5 Apr 16, 2007
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is. Tony Romo has an excellent record as a holder. You saw one play where it got away from him, and everyone with any knowledge knows that there is a problem with the slickness of the balls late in the game.
But, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know of any starting QB's who hold on kicks. The only reason he was holding is because he started the year doing that. Now, going into a new season with the starting job his to lose, someone else will hold as is the case on every other team in the NFL.
cmon - i know i was just giving the guy greif cuz it was just a really bad time to screw up, but there have been quite a few qbs as holders - brad johnson and jake plummer to name a couple - romo will be all right though
Kenny

Garland, TX

#6 Apr 17, 2007
Yeah, starting QB's are holding all over the league... in... in... in...

Brad Johnson is a backup to Romo...

Plummer is backing up Simms, Garcia, Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown...

hmmm.

jacksonville beach, FL

#7 Apr 17, 2007
did someone just start watching football this year or wtf?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mat McBriar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakland Raiders consider veteran punters (May '13) May '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
Dallas Cowboys Won't Slow Arizona Cardinals' Pa... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Jerrys Kids 3
Cowboys take 1st loss under Garrett (Nov '10) Dec '10 Deznutz 3
Cowboys made progress, can it continue? (Jan '10) Jan '10 tony whitehead 1
Dallas Cowboys lose to New York Giants, 31-24 (Dec '09) Dec '09 Petro 46
Tony Romo may return as holder for the Dallas C... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Petro 8
Gigantic video boards a target at Cowboys Stadium (Aug '09) Aug '09 Romo 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mat McBriar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••