NFL Rumors: Should the New York Giants Sign Chris Cooley?

Aug 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rant Sports

Chris Cooley has been a steady tight end for many years for the Washington Redskins .

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2012
Don

Eatontown, NJ

#1 Aug 28, 2012
absolutely the G men should sign Chris Cooley. He can make plays and stretch the defense. Another sure handed reciever for Eli would be terrific.
Ryan

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Aug 28, 2012
It would be stupid for the Giants not too sign him. The guy is only 30 years old so he still has the ability to be a play-maker in the NFL. The only thing that held him back last season was injuries. His numbers career numbers are hella impressive when you consider that the Redskins haven't had much skill at quarterback over the past decade....Well, besides Jason Campbell but they completely screwed that up by not giving him any receiving weapons and changing offensive coordinators/head coaches nearly every year he was in Washington.

He is also a good addition off-the-field as well since he is the ultimate team-first kind of guy. He could also be a very good teacher for Adrian Robinson, who is very physically skilled but still very raw as a Tight End.

Cooley, I would imagine, would be very motivated to play for us since over his career he hasn't had the chance to play on too many winning football teams. Plus, he would be very, very eager to proof the Redskins wrong about him.

At the very least, he would be a great blocking tight end/fullback option for us, as he has been one of the better blocking tight ends over his career.
Absonotely

United States

#4 Aug 29, 2012
Belch....
loochie

Ottawa, Canada

#6 Aug 30, 2012
No. Y. A. Tittle

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Yes for 2 reasons. He can still play plus give some redskin secrets. I'm surprised the skins didn't go with Fred Davis + Cooley 2 tight end set.
Vinny Cerrato

Edinburg, VA

#8 Sep 1, 2012
Obviously you never watched Redskins games. he doesnt stretch the field. he is in the tail end of his career and has fumbling problems. he does run great routes and is a wonderfull blocker. Yes he could be a great pick up. but not for all the reasons ive been seeing here. He can contribute but is no longer a game breaker or a consistant playmaker.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Vinny Cerrato wrote:
Obviously you never watched Redskins games. he doesnt stretch the field. he is in the tail end of his career and has fumbling problems. he does run great routes and is a wonderfull blocker. Yes he could be a great pick up. but not for all the reasons ive been seeing here. He can contribute but is no longer a game breaker or a consistant playmaker.
I haven't watched the redskins very much recently here in the west. I just thought the more pass catching tight ends the better for a young qb i.e cam newton
fredg

Chevy Chase, MD

#10 Sep 3, 2012
cooley is a vg TE receiver/H Back but Giants should stand pat with what they have at TE. Bennett will be a big surprise this year and just needs to fully get familiar with the O and given the chance can catch 40-55 passes and 600-700 yds. and he can BLOCK! I have no doubt Cooley will be picked up and can be productive this year for someone other than Jints. Jets?
Jetstain

United States

#11 Sep 4, 2012
Cooley is good at recovering fumbles....a perfect fit for the Jets two loser QB's....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martellus Bennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jags' Henne, Bortles sharp in 20-19 loss to Bears Aug 19 Flatulence Fred 9
5 Ways the Chicago Bears Can Run the Ball Again... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
Bears' Marc Trestman: There are no issues with ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 The Rock Says 4
Bears 24, Bengals 21 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Who's on your NFC North All Pro Team? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Childress 3
Giants signings and rumors: Free agency Day One (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nick A Ragua 2
Tom Coughlin signs books, hopes Giants and Vict... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Go Blue Forever 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Martellus Bennett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••