Improper anchoring caused boat accident

Improper anchoring caused boat accident

There are 1 comment on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Improper anchoring caused boat accident. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An agency investigating a deadly boating accident involving two NFL players and their friends in the Gulf of Mexico has concluded it was caused when the vessel was improperly anchored and the boat capsized after one of them tried to throttle forward to pry loose the anchor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Marti from Michigan

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2009
Hindsight is 20/20, too bad foresight is not. This whole scene is very tragic.

I think it would be fitting to have a ceremony on the waters, throw flowers onto the waters, and when it comes to a grave to visit, visit the sea.

So sad.

:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs, Raiders game haunted by rogue pigeon (Dec '12) Dec '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Nov '10 anonymous 22
News The latest on the missing NFL boaters (Sep '10) Sep '10 Maggie 1
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Mar '10 Long Island Gal 68
News After boating accident, Schuyler left to ask, '... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Concerned Boater 1
News New information on NFL players who perished at sea (Mar '09) Aug '09 Anoy 74
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--Linebackers (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 2
More from around the web