Former USF football player lost at se...

Former USF football player lost at sea is mourned

There are 7 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 7, 2009, titled Former USF football player lost at sea is mourned . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A week after two NFL players and two of their friends sailed into the Gulf of Mexico on a fishing trip that turned disastrous, family, friends and the lone survivor paid tribute to one of the missing men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Valerie Fischer

Keauhou, HI

#1 Mar 8, 2009
The survivor is disgusting. He showed no remorse for Cooper or Smith. I've been through an identical situation and I know for a fact the 'survivor' in this accident is a liar. He disgraces Cooper and Smith. This is a great loss of two outstanding NFL players. Schuyler is pathetic and I'm sorry he survived. He didn't even help with the continuing search, rather he sat around eating his Mommy's chicken soup. He is a disgrace. That's all. Valerie
Isindia Jeruveri

Ardmore, PA

#2 Mar 8, 2009
How could you say something so vile like that? Nick Schuyler witnessed the passing of his three friends, and you don't know what went on out there. When he was rescued, he was dehydrated, delirious and 5hrs away from dying. That is awful.
Isindia Jeruveri

Ardmore, PA

#3 Mar 8, 2009
Nick didn't even tell his family about what happened out there. You don't know what he is going through right now. I would suggest that you read this article.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.a...

After all that happened, he may never be right.
Valerie Fischer

Keauhou, HI

#4 Mar 8, 2009
Isindia Jeruveri wrote:
How could you say something so vile like that? Nick Schuyler witnessed the passing of his three friends, and you don't know what went on out there. When he was rescued, he was dehydrated, delirious and 5hrs away from dying. That is awful.
Schuyler had several conflicting accounts of this accident he stated to investigators. The families of Cooper and Smith will NEVER get the straight story, EVER. This survivor wants to look like some sort of hero. He wants to immortalize his friend Will Bleakly. There were no signs of remorse from Schuyler. He was NOT at deaths' door. He didn't even MENTION Cooper and Smith. He just kept talking about his Mommy and how he was so happy to see his girlfriend. Everyone is still waiting for Schuyler to even CONSOLE Cooper and Smith's immediate family. He hasn't done it yet. He does, however, continue to tell some ass backwards story how Cooper and Smith REMOVED lifevests and swam away. Again, several conflicting stories. It's just a very very unlucky day for the Cooper and Smith's. Schuyler isn't a man, he's a coward with a bunch of statements made to better his situation and mask his 'guilt'. What a waste of life. I hope the cry's of "Help" from his friends HAUNTS him everynight he turns out the lights. Valerie
Cher

Summerfield, FL

#5 Mar 8, 2009
Valerie, how do you know what he has said?? He father yesterday at the memorial service said he has not talked about it to the media or even to him. The coast guard has not released any offical reports yet so don't judge someone until you know the real story. Hopefully you will never know the pain and terror he went through.
Ari Fernandez

Ardmore, PA

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Valerie don't be ridiculous.
John

Fredericksburg, VA

#7 Mar 9, 2009
This is all Bullsh!t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs, Raiders game haunted by rogue pigeon (Dec '12) Dec '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Nov '10 anonymous 22
News The latest on the missing NFL boaters (Sep '10) Sep '10 Maggie 1
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Mar '10 Long Island Gal 68
News After boating accident, Schuyler left to ask, '... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Concerned Boater 1
News New information on NFL players who perished at sea (Mar '09) Aug '09 Anoy 74
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--Linebackers (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 2
More from around the web