Missing NFL players: Corey Smith and ...

Missing NFL players: Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper missing fro...

There are 90 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 2, 2009, titled Missing NFL players: Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper missing fro.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Coast Guard says it has found a person clinging to an overturned boat off Florida's Gulf Coast, but could not immediately confirm whether it is the same boat carrying NFL players Corey Smith, Marquis Cooper ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ffej

Darien, IL

#1 Mar 2, 2009
good luck fellas
Private Hudson

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2009
Pray they find the other three, c'mon guys!!!
Haley

Manhattan, IL

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Bittersweet news. Prayers for the other three.
TLT

Alexandria, VA

#4 Mar 2, 2009
Praying, but it isn't looking good...
sick and tired

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Mar 2, 2009
TLT wrote:
Praying, but it isn't looking good...
It's call Faith how can you be praying and then expecting the worst of it.
Tom

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 2, 2009
The 21 ft boat is not much bigger than a rowboat and pilling 4 men around 300 lb each into said boat and motoring out OVER 50 MILES into the ocean is just plain stupid. Then the taxpayers have to pay for the 87 ft Coast Guard cutter to rescue them at a cost of probably over $100,000.
ddd

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Hang in there guys! CG is looking for you.
a giant forever

Hampton Bays, NY

#8 Mar 2, 2009
i just dont see how these guys can b alive.something would have came up if they were.my prayers to there families.
Walter

Girard, OH

#9 Mar 2, 2009
maybe they were able to tie their floats together and are now drifting in the sea
Grant O J

Northbrook, IL

#10 Mar 2, 2009
It's called optimism, "sick and tired." You can hope for the best while expecting the worst; that is a normal reality, actually.
Phil

Elk Grove Village, IL

#11 Mar 2, 2009
Tom is a not very smart
Pat

United States

#12 Mar 2, 2009
What a rescue! Hope good news travels for the other three men as well!
mom of 2

Arlington Heights, IL

#13 Mar 2, 2009
My prayers go out to everyone involved. Hopefully, it will be a positive outcome for all. To you jerks on the comment boards, please remember these men are somebody's son, brother, father, uncle. The least we can do is hope for the very best outcome.
Whatever

Bensenville, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2009
Tom wrote:
The 21 ft boat is not much bigger than a rowboat and pilling 4 men around 300 lb each into said boat and motoring out OVER 50 MILES into the ocean is just plain stupid. Then the taxpayers have to pay for the 87 ft Coast Guard cutter to rescue them at a cost of probably over $100,000.
.......... Ummm yeah.....
/FAIL
patrick

Palatine, IL

#15 Mar 2, 2009
Tom wrote:
Tom, old, bitter and frustrated is no way to live your life my man. If one life was saved, it is worth every penny.
John Birch

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 2, 2009
yeah, you do have to wonder if they even had a wx radio on their way out to catch the marine forecast.

a 21 foot center console to go 50 miles out?

i think we have a darwin awards winner here!
reality

Glen Ellyn, IL

#17 Mar 2, 2009
Tom wrote:
FYI, the specs on the boat give it a capacity of 10 people. And, the Coast Guard exists (and is paid for) for exactly this purpose!

It wasn't real smart to be out 50 miles, but the rest of your comment is not factual!
Bman

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 2, 2009
Tom wrote:
Oh be quiet!
Captain Canada

Steinbach, Canada

#19 Mar 2, 2009
Our thoughts and prayers go out to these men and their families.
Steve

Riverdale, IL

#20 Mar 2, 2009
I feel bad and all, but geez, this story has gotten a disproportionately high amount of press. It's front page on the Tribune, CNN, etc, when it's simply not a big story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquis Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs, Raiders game haunted by rogue pigeon (Dec '12) Dec '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 5
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Nov '10 anonymous 22
News The latest on the missing NFL boaters (Sep '10) Sep '10 Maggie 1
News Survivor: Football players lost at sea took off... (Mar '09) Mar '10 Long Island Gal 68
News After boating accident, Schuyler left to ask, '... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Concerned Boater 1
News New information on NFL players who perished at sea (Mar '09) Aug '09 Anoy 74
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--Linebackers (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 2
More from around the web