You Decide: When Should New York Jets...

You Decide: When Should New York Jets Fire Rex Ryan?

There are 31 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 9, 2012, titled You Decide: When Should New York Jets Fire Rex Ryan?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

At some point the New York Jets will be forced to make a decision on the future of Rex Ryan .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#25 Dec 18, 2012
Firing the head coach will not improve the Jets. Only better personnel will.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#27 Dec 18, 2012
The best thing about last night's game was that it was played by professionals. These are highly paid skill players honing their craft. It makes me fully appreciate the gap between the amateurs and the pro's. Thank God we are paying them millions of dollars. I would hate to see what a poorly compensated amateur would do.

Do not try this at home
The Passion of the Tebow

Miami, FL

#28 Dec 18, 2012
Tebow was sabotaged by his haphazard passing arm.
The Passion of the Tebow

Miami, FL

#29 Dec 18, 2012
The Jets roster has been sabotaged by Tannebum
The Passion of the Tebow

Miami, FL

#30 Dec 18, 2012
The Jets playcalling has been sabotaged by Tony "Joisey Shore" Sparano
Bill

Chicago, IL

#31 Dec 18, 2012
Sanchez is awesome!
groin pains

Miami, FL

#32 Dec 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
Sanchez is awesome!
Sanchez is awesome at making his jock strap moist.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#34 Dec 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
Sanchez is awesome!
You have to work extremely hard to be that bad consistently

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#35 Dec 18, 2012
Bill Cosbeotch wrote:
Ya flush the whole team down toilet. Next three years going to be rebuilding and staff changes. You could bring in low paid average stats players and have better results than current setup.
The Jets do have some young players on defense and their pass defense especially has ben good. They need some receivers and a QB and a better offensive interior line.
NoShame

Lampasas, TX

#36 Dec 18, 2012
If Ryan had any genuine concern for the team he would have already gracefully excused himself from the position. Bad decisions coupled with bad behavior with a few sprinkles of regret on top - I like Rex Ryan though I don't exactly know why but turn out the lights - the party's over.

The accountability for this kind of season needs to go beyond the coaching staff as well - by all means start with them but the players need to get a mighty big spoonful as well. If I were the Jets' owner I would be wishing I could get a refund on some contracts. The GM needs to be THE first to go and then move down the hall to Rex's office - remodel time.

Sanchez - hey everyone isn't able to perform on the big stage - he seems like a great guy but he isn't getting paid $8 Million plus next year because he is a nice guy. Move him out and get whatever kind of value you can - this is a total write off.

Years ago the Oilers and the Saints had some of the most disappointing and embarrassing seasons in the history of the NFL. Several years later both teams came back for Super Bowl appearances. Unfortunately the Jets have just joined those teams at the rock bottom worst level. The need to stop thinking about how much talent and potential they have and stop talking about a "rebound" next year and begin a "rebuild" - the first step is to grasp the reality that you are simply a bad football team and drop all the caveats.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#37 Dec 18, 2012
NoShame wrote:
If Ryan had any genuine concern for the team he would have already gracefully excused himself from the position. Bad decisions coupled with bad behavior with a few sprinkles of regret on top - I like Rex Ryan though I don't exactly know why but turn out the lights - the party's over.
The accountability for this kind of season needs to go beyond the coaching staff as well - by all means start with them but the players need to get a mighty big spoonful as well. If I were the Jets' owner I would be wishing I could get a refund on some contracts. The GM needs to be THE first to go and then move down the hall to Rex's office - remodel time.
Sanchez - hey everyone isn't able to perform on the big stage - he seems like a great guy but he isn't getting paid $8 Million plus next year because he is a nice guy. Move him out and get whatever kind of value you can - this is a total write off.
Years ago the Oilers and the Saints had some of the most disappointing and embarrassing seasons in the history of the NFL. Several years later both teams came back for Super Bowl appearances. Unfortunately the Jets have just joined those teams at the rock bottom worst level. The need to stop thinking about how much talent and potential they have and stop talking about a "rebound" next year and begin a "rebuild" - the first step is to grasp the reality that you are simply a bad football team and drop all the caveats.
Very well said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Sanchez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos' Sanchez to miss start of OTAs after th... (May '16) May '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Mark Sanchez sees Paxton Lynch selection as end... (May '16) May '16 Horseteeth Elway 2
News Broncos acquire quarterback Mark Sanchez from E... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Tim Tebow has one more chance to impress Chip K... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 9
News Tim Tebow runs for a score in Eagles' victory o... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 6
News Eagles, Bradford talking extension (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Eagles' Kelce blasts Giants punter's QB shots (Jun '15) Jun '15 Hike the farts 2
More from around the web