You Decide: When Should New York Jets...

You Decide: When Should New York Jets Fire Rex Ryan?

There are 31 comments on the BleacherReport story from Dec 9, 2012, titled You Decide: When Should New York Jets Fire Rex Ryan?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

At some point the New York Jets will be forced to make a decision on the future of Rex Ryan .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#1 Dec 9, 2012
When Bronx Tiffany comes out of his closet!
Money is Power

Salamanca, NY

#2 Dec 9, 2012
Offer Gruden whatever he wants. The team needs discipline. Move Rex to D-Cordinator.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Ron Turner will be available!

Akron, Ohio

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Gruden is in a position to name his price with just about any team right now.
Gruesomeden

Miami, FL

#5 Dec 10, 2012
If Gruden is allowed to pick the talent, then it'll be the same old Jets story for years to come.
Tebonics

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2012
It would mean another season with Timmy Tebags on the bench....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#7 Dec 10, 2012
$99 for Three Photo Facials
Sounds like Rex leading the QB's and head coach pow wow

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#8 Dec 10, 2012
The Jets still have an outside shot at the playoffs in spite of it all. Let's wait until the end of the season before making the final determination of Ryan's fate.
Tom Coughlin

Littleton, CO

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Rex Ryan called me the other night and asked if he could borrow my "guarantee speech" from a few years ago.
Little Timmy Noodle Feet

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
He called me and asked if he could get some autographed pics of me sitting on the bench for Christmas gifts....

Akron, Ohio

#11 Dec 12, 2012
Tebonics wrote:
It would mean another season with Timmy Tebags on the bench....
Why not give the kid a chance?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#13 Dec 14, 2012
Three more games to go and still in the playoff hunt. A coaching change now could disrupt things even more and douse even that chance. Wait until the end of the season to decide.
baby castro

Ridgewood, NY

#14 Dec 14, 2012
Because ew, Rex Ryan.
Laughs and Losses

Miami, FL

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Bring him back next year, he's good for laughs
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Bring them both back with the firm understanding
They will caress Woody's Johnson

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#18 Dec 16, 2012
Rex Ryan has a career record of 38-29. It is always easier to fire a head coach than the entire roster of players. Show me a team with frequent changes in head coaches and I will show you a chronic loser. Too many head coaches often take the fall for the failures of the GM to provide him with the right personel. The Jets have had a disappointing season for certain, but they are still are not out of the playoff hunt. Sometimes I wonder if all the bad press Ryan gets is the product of those muckmakers disguised as newspaper reporters and people are swallowing their BS hook, line, and sinker. Even some Hall of Fame coaches have had losing seasons. The amazing thing is that they have a playoff shot despite having an incompetent core of wide receivers

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#20 Dec 16, 2012
Bill Cosbeotch wrote:
<quoted text>
That horrible record is reason enough to fire him. Let alone the dozen of horrible decisions he made this season. Nobody is saying tebow is the answer but its very vlear that sanchez is not the right qb for a winning team. The fact that Rex was unable to bench sanchez at all this year because he didnt want to hurt his feelings. That is not leadership and now you know why he gets fired first thing after season. Sanchez had to bench himself and the real crime is that tebow was injured from being put in game for these half ass wild cat plays that Ray Charles could read. The reason he was injured because Rex put him in for these plays then couldnt play ehen sanchez finally takes himself out. Rex has no control whatsoever over anything so he gets canned.
Even some of the better coaches in history have made bad decisions. Bill Parcells was a vey good head coach by anybody's standards, yet in 1983, he made the boneheaded decision to start Scott Brunner who a few seasons later would be out of football over Phil Simms who would go on to rewrite the Giants record book for all time passing leaders. Every season, one can find many decisions by any head coach that went wrong. Even Vince Lombardi made mistakes. Anybody can be an arm chair QB and anybody can have 20/20 hindsight as that great philospher Howard Cosell used to say. For example, a team with fouth and goal from the one calls an end sweep. If the runner waltzes into the end zone untouched, What a great play call! If he gets stuffed, What a boneheaded call! A head coaches job can be very thankless.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#22 Dec 16, 2012
Bill Cosbeotch wrote:
Ya everyone knows all of that for years. When you refuse to switch qb because dont have the balls to upset the iriginal qb that shows lack of leadership. Maybe rex should be a coordinaror like his brother and not head coach. Tebow was sabotaged this season by Rex and what a waste of time and money. That alone can get you fired. Announcing to the world tebow is here for wildcat plays might have been worst decision Rex made. You have to mix up the plays with all players or everyone knows what your doing.
If you don't have a better QB to turn to, what's the use? Until the Jets upgrade their receiving corps, they will continue to have a stinko passing attack, even if Aaron Rodgers or any other of the elite QBs were to be brought in.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#23 Dec 16, 2012
While I do have some misgivings about Rex Ryan, one has to consider that Ryan has had a dropoff in talent to work with the last two years. He cannot be blamed for all of the Jets problems. Over all he is not a bad head coach.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#24 Dec 18, 2012
Make him coach the pile of crap Tannebaum has given him. Firing him would be easier on Rex. Make him work hard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Sanchez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tim Tebow runs for a score in Eagles' victory o... Aug 18 Fart news 6
News Eagles, Bradford talking extension Aug 5 Fart news 2
News Eagles' Kelce blasts Giants punter's QB shots Jun '15 Hike the farts 2
News Report: Eagles Sign Tim Tebow Apr '15 tom wingo 19
News Tebow time? Controversial QB works out with NFL... Mar '15 Eagles Hotel Cali... 4
News Tim Tebow Works Out With Philadelphia Eagles Mar '15 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Packers move into top spot in AP Pro32 rankings (Dec '14) Dec '14 Flatulence Fred 6
More from around the web