Bears' Tommie Harris keeping the faith

A remorseful Tommie Harris addressed the media Wednesday, trying to explain his one-game suspension without going into much detail. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ralph Law

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2008
The Jesus stuff is all well and good. How about just acting like a responsisble human being which doesn't require any religious preference - just maturity and self esteem.
ron

Bloomington, IL

#2 Oct 9, 2008
jesus,jesus on the cross who's the biggest hypocrit who loss?suspended one game w/out pay and now you're trying to drag jesus down with you?you call yourself a christian and you had a child out of wedlock.tell it to the clowns you fool
Donobear

Kingston, Canada

#3 Oct 9, 2008
Good to have you back Tommie!
Gimy

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 9, 2008
cool, go jesus! and i heard our troops in iraq are using secret potions and voodoo against our enemies of freedom. guess he'll never learn, you don't put your entire life's plan into something that doesn't exist or else you risk depression when you find out it's bullsh3t and isn't going to help you.

"JC" says he's cured of all his sins and shall be happy...common sense says, we'll be revisiting this same bs in a few years if he's still with chitown. thank GOD...for marcus harrison to pick up the slack. hey big guy, could you maybe give us a qb? god? you there man?? hello? guess he ain't listenin...
LW in the midwest

Edmond, OK

#5 Oct 9, 2008
God bless you Tommie.
George

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 9, 2008
SMH at some of you.. But you guys believe what you want to believe.

I'm happy to have him back. Rediscovering his faith and getting back on track will hopefully bring back the old Tommie that made 3 straight Pro Bowls. I think if he can get a sack and a couple of tackles this week, that'll give him the motivation and momentum he needs for the rest of the season.
Keep God 1st Tommie. And may God bless you and your family.

GO BEARS!!! THE DIVISION IS OURS!!!
fuzzy

Western Springs, IL

#7 Oct 9, 2008
just play ball and leave jesus out of it.everybody uses that for an excuse.
Trier Alum 03

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 9, 2008
how about a sack and more than 3 tackles for Christs sake?
brianh

Naperville, IL

#9 Oct 9, 2008
Why do most athletes blame or give credit to their relationship with christ. This is rediculous. Take credit for your hard earned skills and take responsibility for you moronic mistakes. No one but you but you were you are today. Own up to it.
Real Deal

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 9, 2008
what a great christian...he has a child out of wedlock. Can we say scumbag. Just another poor excuse for a human being using Jesus as a cop-out.
That's the Truth
Kris

San Francisco, CA

#11 Oct 9, 2008
This guy is starting to remind me more and more of Curtis Enis..
Ryan

Ashburn, VA

#12 Oct 9, 2008
Believing in far-fetched fairy tales is fun! Tommie, stop being a child, and take responsibility for your own actions. Was it you who failed in your relationship with JHC, or did it fail you? Think before you resort to the invisible man in proverbial sky. I'm sure you're really proud that JC picked you to make so much money, while so many of your fellow African-Americans would love to make, in a year or two, what you make in one quarter of a game! And for your "boy's" sake, grow up, and kick some Falcon butt this weekend!
Ahzroc

United States

#13 Oct 9, 2008
Gimy wrote:
cool, go jesus! and i heard our troops in iraq are using secret potions and voodoo against our enemies of freedom. guess he'll never learn, you don't put your entire life's plan into something that doesn't exist or else you risk depression when you find out it's bullsh3t and isn't going to help you.
"JC" says he's cured of all his sins and shall be happy...common sense says, we'll be revisiting this same bs in a few years if he's still with chitown. thank GOD...for marcus harrison to pick up the slack. hey big guy, could you maybe give us a qb? god? you there man?? hello? guess he ain't listenin...
Nice to see that people with strong theological understanding are posting today!
George

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 9, 2008
I'm a devoted christian and I believe that bashing someone's religious beliefs is completely outrageous, ridiculous, and uncalled for. Have a little respect. While I would normally say to everyone this is not a place to post about religion and/or politics, I think this is getting out of hand. What you all choose to believe is your business, no one mocks you for that. but it's just not right for you all anyone elses beliefs.

Can we just keep it to football?

GO BEARS!!! 2008 NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!
George

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 9, 2008
Correction: It's not right for you all to bash anyone elses beliefs.

krebs

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2008
That's awesome Harris has found Jesus. Now can he find the QB for a sack anytime soon?
quills

Addison, IL

#17 Oct 9, 2008
Grow up you 40 million dollar baby! Start acting like a man! Get sick and tired of these so called men acting like little children. Just do your job and take care of your problems outside of work. Don't want or need to hear about it or see it.

“University of Chief Illiniwek”

Since: Jun 08

Chicago, IL

#18 Oct 9, 2008
George wrote:
Correction: It's not right for you all to bash anyone elses beliefs.
It's not right to use your religion as an excuse for being immature and lazy. TH needs look in the mirror and take accountability. Grow up!

“University of Chief Illiniwek”

Since: Jun 08

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 9, 2008
quills wrote:
Grow up you 40 million dollar baby! Start acting like a man! Get sick and tired of these so called men acting like little children. Just do your job and take care of your problems outside of work. Don't want or need to hear about it or see it.
AMEN!
Bill

Elgin, IL

#20 Oct 9, 2008
George wrote:
I'm a devoted christian and I believe that bashing someone's religious beliefs is completely outrageous, ridiculous, and uncalled for. Have a little respect. While I would normally say to everyone this is not a place to post about religion and/or politics, I think this is getting out of hand. What you all choose to believe is your business, no one mocks you for that. but it's just not right for you all anyone elses beliefs.
Can we just keep it to football?

You exceeded your 25 word quota .......... AGAIN !!!

You were correct when you said, " ..... What you all choose to believe is your business ..... ".

That also includes "discussing" YOUR religion !!........ If that offends you ..... Go elsewhere !

Personally, I don't give a damn about your religious beliefs .......... and I don't want them shoved down anyone's throat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Bradley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Dropped Pass On Sunday, Chiefs Release WR... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Scab 6
Defense, Kicker Lead Bills to Win Over Chiefs (Dec '09) Dec '09 jm_chiefs 1
Sam Donnellon: When Reid plays, Eagles' momentu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Oscar 1
Kansas City Chiefs sign former Minnesota Viking... (Sep '09) Sep '09 purplehaze_canada 3
Former Bears second-rounder Dan Bazuin finds sp... (Dec '08) Feb '09 alicia westdorp 7
Personal Fool: In Contempt Of Draft Picks (Nov '08) Nov '08 Otis 4
Bears coaches head their own way (Dec '07) Nov '08 whatashame 24
•••
•••

Mark Bradley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••