Smoot to play Sunday; will be third c...

Smoot to play Sunday; will be third cornerback

There are 27 comments on the The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press story from Nov 24, 2006, titled Smoot to play Sunday; will be third cornerback. In it, The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that:

Fred Smoot will play in Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, but Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed Friday that rookie Cedric Griffin has moved ahead of the six-year veteran as the team's starting ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alec Perry

Plymouth, MN

#1 Nov 27, 2006
Smoot really is not that bad of a conerback
Fran the Man

Anchorage, AK

#2 Nov 27, 2006
Alec Perry wrote:
Yeah but we want a GOOD corner. Not one who "Isn't bad"
Viking-humper

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2006
WooHoo...Smoot is back...When's the Party!!!
harry

Australia

#4 Nov 27, 2006
Viking-humper wrote:
Better be soon. The lakes are going to freeze by New Years.
Childress

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Nov 27, 2006
Griffin and smoot stunk the joint out sunday and lack of DE's including Udeze doesn't fair well.Can you believe Tomlin acting like this is not a problem area.A game like that goes to over-time he'll acknowledge it for sure after they hit a few and kick a game winner.
mississippi boy

Carriere, MS

#6 Nov 27, 2006
i wish they would trade fred because da viking will always be sorry
harry

Kellyville, Australia

#7 Nov 27, 2006
Childress wrote:
Griffin and smoot stunk the joint out sunday and lack of DE's including Udeze doesn't fair well.Can you believe Tomlin acting like this is not a problem area.A game like that goes to over-time he'll acknowledge it for sure after they hit a few and kick a game winner.
Pine tar for the DBs, too.
(see also Lester Hayes).
harry

Kellyville, Australia

#8 Nov 27, 2006
Viking-humper wrote:
Not sure, but there is an article out on an assault that took place at one of the Viking's homes.

Whoever it was has nothing to lose. He needs to host the party!
Gonzo

Pittston, PA

#9 Nov 28, 2006
Viking-humper wrote:
Have to admit, that is when Smoot is at his best.
Vikinghumper

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2006
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to admit, that is when Smoot is at his best.
Its all in the name....Smoot Party

Not to be confused with Smut Party!!
MS shorty

Jackson, MS

#11 Nov 29, 2006
Alec Perry wrote:
Yeah he is really not that bad I have seen corners that really suck like the raiders and cardinals and a few others. He has been tackling and causing some fumbles. I think everyone is looking at his contract and expecting him to be superman to match the 34 mil. Everyone has a bad game or two so cut him so slack.
Fran the Man

Anchorage, AK

#12 Nov 29, 2006
MS shorty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah he is really not that bad I have seen corners that really suck like the raiders and cardinals and a few others. He has been tackling and causing some fumbles. I think everyone is looking at his contract and expecting him to be superman to match the 34 mil. Everyone has a bad game or two so cut him so slack.
Fred, is that you?
Viking-humper

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2006
MS shorty wrote:
<quoted text>
Pressure on the QB(defensive line) makes for good corners. Period.

Why do you think the only probowlers the lions have had in the past 2 years have been dre bly and shaun Rogers?
Viking-humper

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2006
The only corners worth a damn in this league are Champ Baily(AFC) and DeAngelo Hall(NFC)...all the others are due to the defense as a whole.
UNDERGROUND SMT

Jackson, MS

#15 Nov 29, 2006
CUT FRED SUM SLACK HE A GOOD CORNER AND IF YOU LOOK A HIS STATS AND LOOK AT HIS TACKLE FOR DIS YEAR YOU WILL BE SHOCK GO AHEAD AND LOOK I DARE U
Fran the Man

Anchorage, AK

#16 Nov 29, 2006
UNDERGROUND SMT wrote:
CUT FRED SUM SLACK HE A GOOD CORNER AND IF YOU LOOK A HIS STATS AND LOOK AT HIS TACKLE FOR DIS YEAR YOU WILL BE SHOCK GO AHEAD AND LOOK I DARE U
I LOOK AT STAT FER FRED YOU RITE HE GOOD
HE JEST SUMTIME PLAY 2 MUCH DONT TAKE KARE OF BIDNISS TO GOOD. NO WUT I MEEN?
Childress

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 Nov 29, 2006
MS shorty wrote:
<quoted text>
a game or two? that would be fine but when he's not hurt or off to a funeral he's toasted regularly.
harry

Sydney, Australia

#19 Nov 29, 2006
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>a game or two? that would be fine but when he's not hurt or off to a funeral he's toasted regularly.
TOAST! Wasn't that John Turner's nickname?
Childress

Fort Wayne, IN

#20 Nov 29, 2006
harry wrote:
<quoted text>
TOAST! Wasn't that John Turner's nickname?
funny..we get devonte edwards back next year and i'm thinking we drop smoot to 4th on the depth charts.
Childress

Fort Wayne, IN

#21 Nov 29, 2006
Fran the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOOK AT STAT FER FRED YOU RITE HE GOOD
HE JEST SUMTIME PLAY 2 MUCH DONT TAKE KARE OF BIDNISS TO GOOD. NO WUT I MEEN?
i na wut yo meen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcus Robinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News he Said it (Mar '06) Apr '09 Word Up 14
News Friday football roundup (Nov '08) Nov '08 JFalco 2
News 'I'm just frustrated' (Dec '06) Jan '08 jimmy lancry 22
News Vikings cut Robinson on Christmas Eve (Dec '06) Jan '07 SoCal VikesFan 70
News Childress looks to do better in 2007 (Jan '07) Jan '07 SoCal VikesFan 4
News Childress not among changes (Jan '07) Jan '07 Tha Police 2
News Viking Fred Smoot's Jaw Broken In Car Accident (Dec '06) Dec '06 Childress 2
More from around the web