Dodgers rescind offer to Manny Ramirez

Dodgers rescind offer to Manny Ramirez

There are 14 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 15, 2008, titled Dodgers rescind offer to Manny Ramirez. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Oaks Christian of Westlake Village got defensive against Nordhoff of Ojai, and the result was a dominating 62-8 victory that sent the unbeaten Lions flying into the Southern Section playoffs next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Robert G

Newport Beach, CA

#1 Nov 15, 2008
To whom is Mr McCourt marketing his Cactus League schedule to? Certainly, NOT the casual fan.
Baseball, as all sports, are getting out of hand, and out of touch with the 'little guy'.........
Screw all of them.
R G B

Rosemead, CA

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Kudos to Robert of LA. ALL pro sports are getting out of hand for the average fan...that's why I follow college sports more closely.As far as I'm concerned, pro sports can all crash and burn!
louisdpdl

Naugatuck, CT

#3 Nov 15, 2008
Uh huh. Told you when you first got him that you wouldn't want him for long.
DODGERFAN

Paramount, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2008
AND MANNY THIS HALF BREED IS GETTING TO GREEDY HOPEFULLY HE GETS NO DEAL AND ALL HE WAS SAYING ALL I DREAMED GROWIING UP WAS TO BE A DODGER NOW HES HOME HE ACTS LIKE A BIATCH LET HIM GO TO ANOTHER TEAM ALL I DREAMED ABOUT WAS BEING FROM THIS TEAM HE HAS MIATE MENTALITY I GUESS ITS THE BRAIDS
TrueBlueStew

Norwalk, CA

#5 Nov 16, 2008
Manny is the best thing to happen in L.A. for a long time. It's unfortunate that money in professional sports have gotten so out of touch with reality.
urnotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Nov 16, 2008
I would rather watch the little league World Series.
McCort is an idiot

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2008
Why would anyone pay $90 to watch the starters play three innings and then scrubs the rest of the game? Doesn't he realize that we are in a recession?
TrueBlueStew

Norwalk, CA

#8 Nov 16, 2008
I love the Dodgers, Manny is the best hitter since Barry Bonds and he appears to have more fun than Barry. The problem for me is the inflated price of going to see him play and suffering through an overrated and overpriced Dodger Dog, or anything else purchased at the ball park. If Spring training prices are a billboard of what's to come during the regular season then it's back to the TV and radio. By the way, what's up with the Dodgers being on the Fixed news radio channel?
manhattan beach dude

Independence, MO

#9 Nov 16, 2008
read in the KC star mccourt is charging $90 for preium spring training seats, Just how much $$ does this arse whole need?
Kenny Dewitt

Sugar Land, TX

#10 Nov 16, 2008
I think that Manny will end up with a four year deal and with the Dodgers, but do not look for this to end anytime soon.

Kenny Dewitt
http://mlb-fever.com
paulA

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2008
I hope Rameriz go to Japan to play he's such a cry baby. Glad the sox got rid of him ! he is a good p;layer so why doesn't he shit his mouth and play baseball ? thats what he gets paid to do. he could have become a legennd in Boston. so Manny Bite Me you idiot!
JAK

United States

#12 Nov 17, 2008
He must b getting ticket prices from the laker games
colt90

Chino Hills, CA

#13 Nov 17, 2008
But that also includes free WATER!!!! LOL
McCort is an idiot wrote:
Why would anyone pay $90 to watch the starters play three innings and then scrubs the rest of the game? Doesn't he realize that we are in a recession?
Great one

Palm Desert, CA

#14 Nov 18, 2008
I hear that AndrUw Jones is rounding out his off season workouts and is seeing the ball better than ever.
Can't wait to see him lead the Dodgers again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manny Ramirez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Starting O-line clicking; second group has prob... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Manny Ramirez is down to his last chance with t... (Jun '10) Jun '10 triple6vamp 1
News Lions' Jim Schwartz won't name QB starter yet; ... (Dec '09) Dec '09 superbowl bound l... 1
News Orlovsky laments 'dumb play' (Oct '08) Oct '08 BUCK 2
News Red Sox back on U.S. ground (Mar '08) Mar '08 Jerry 2
News Sports - Ramirez's Doubles Save Red Sox (Mar '08) Mar '08 CRD 1
More from around the web